You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Inside Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Inside Me?

 

This all started around 2002. Little things would happen around the house that we didn't really think much of or pay much attention to. You know, such as light bulbs running out as soon as they'd been replaced even though the electrics were fine, again, the odd feelings of someone watching you.

At one point, my sister and I were cleaning and a candlestick flew off the top of a bookcase and almost hit her. The candlestick was pushed right to the back of the bookcase, and it's not as if the bookcase was on a wobbly floorboard or anything.

The atmosphere in the London house wasn't nice at all. Neither my Mum, my sister nor I liked to be left alone there, at this stage, I'm not too sure of my Dad's feelings about the place. He is a very devout catholic.

For a spell, I wasn't getting along with my Dad very well, being extremely disrespectful towards his religious beliefs and almost trying to provoke him into arguments about it all the time. I'm not sure why I suddenly felt it was ok to speak to him like this. I hadn't been brought up that way. In fact, although my parents have brought both me and my sister up in a catholic environment, we've still been encouraged to follow our own paths and make our own choices.

Anyway, all this bickering came to a climax one afternoon. We had had another argument and I had stomped up to my room, eventually my Mum came to see I was ok and ask me to try and stop these constant, unprovoked fights. My Dad soon followed behind her, and I genuinely don't know why, I just started to scream at him, calling him allsorts of hideous names, and saying how much I hated him. He just stared at me, and told my sister to keep away. I carried on this barrage of abuse, and he said he'd be going downstairs and didn't want to be around me, so I jumped up to follow him and shoved him, and started laughing. I genuinely don't remember much else after this; the rest is what my sister has told me since.

She said my voice changed throughout this, that you could tell it was me, but I almost sounded like I had a sore throat, and each time I laughed, it sounded pretty much like I was hysterical. She tells me I went downstairs, and at first was just sat on the sofa, still laughing. Then my Dad was basically talking to me, but... Not to me. He asked me to recite the Lord's Prayer. I would keep getting as far as, 'Our Father...' and then just go into hysterics again. Apparently through this, I was just rocking back and forth. He then said something along the lines of, 'You can't do it, and you're scared.' And then I ran off down the next flight of stairs. (This was a town house, so set on 3 floors). He followed me down the stairs and I kept trying to run from him. And eventually, he backed me into a corner and basically blessed me. And apparently that's that, I calmed down.

I genuinely have no idea what happened to me that afternoon, I am just certain that I said things I would never even consider saying to either of my parents and that behaviour was not characteristic of me at all.

Nothing spectacular happened for a while after that, I'll tell the rest in another story, as I appreciate, these are pretty long winded!

Other hauntings by xKalmuneiu

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xKalmuneiu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
That is very creepy. I wonder if your sister was telling the truth. I do find it hard to belive.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
Hello again, Yeah I have same Problem not the kind of way your father did but the kind of my mom and I fight all the time when I was in my teen and Yes foil mouth and talk like I am in so devil way before but that was along time ago now mom and I are getting along great.
Akash (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
Quite intresting

Thanks to came with nice stories.
This was one of my favriote story and also added in my favorite list...
xKalmuneiu (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
I'm not sure Tonith. It's one of the reasons I wanted to share my stories on this site, to get the different opinions of people and suchlike. I know, dependant on the reader, my experience was a normal outburst that got out of hand, or I was 'taken over' by something. *shrug* It's one of the things I liked about the site, you can get many perspectives on things.:)
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
I don't know what to make of this story other than a teen with imagination and rebellion which is very typical at that age. I don't believe in possession but I do believe in stress related blowups which can cause people to do things they normally wouldn't do.
xKalmuneiu (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
Triscint, I often have very disturbing dreams of various people and entities. Some I know, some I don't. But, to be honest, I don't think any dreams I have now are really related to this. I don't recall having any dreams that were any more or less odd than normal around the time of this happening though.
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
Do you have any dreams of people or demons? That could be a window of finding out who or what is possesing you
xKalmuneiu (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
Well, I dunno, I guess my personal beliefs are more geered towards Paganism. But I have always had respect for what others believe whether I am in agreement with it or not. It's how I've always been. Yeah, the other 'major' things that happened in that house all happened after the stuff in this story though. I hope for my other stuff to be approved in the next day or so.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
Without getting into a religion debate; how do you feel about religion now? Did this incident leave a sour taste in your mouth?

I'm not that well versed in possession and the such. I don't think that is what happened. I think you're sensitive and the claims of you seeing things/having scratches you made a quick reference to, might give readers a better idea of what is going on.

Until then; we'll just wait for your next story.
xKalmuneiu (5 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
Thanks for the response to this.

[at] Hobbyholly: I was 17 when this happened, and yeah, I would have quite a few heated arguements with my parents, as most teenagers do. I didn't black out, but after the instance where I pushed my Dad, the rest of this was all quite hazy. I remember vague parts, but most of this is my sister's recollection. I'm not really sure what happened, it's one of the reasons I posted the story on here. Just to see what others think and suchlike. I haven't really approached my parents about what they thought, from my Dad's reactions, I guess he thought it was some sort of 'possession', and I know it upset my Mum quite alot.

[at] Preacher1: In another story I have posted, it tells of how a cat's behaviour suddenly changed towards me, and this happened quite close to the event. My own pet dog, as far as I recall, behaved towards me in his normal way. Another story I have submitted (that hasn't yet been approved) details a few things that happened (rustling, scratching, bangs, seeing black shapes). But all this was a few years after later. Erm, I did have a Satanic Bible that a friend gave me a few months prior to all this, but all I ever did was read that. I didn't partake in anything to 'invite anything in' or whatever. And besides, the house seemed to have quite an oppressive feeling since we moved in.
preacher1 (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
Very interesting, could be basic teenage hormones, but you show abusive behavioral changes and aversion to the religious all point to a sign of partial possession. Were there any other signs besides what you stated: foul odors, animals acting strange, dark shadowy figures, maybe voices? Just curious what happened previous to that point. It sounds like your house environment wasn't always the way it turned out. Most stories I have read written by exorcists or deliverance ministers state that the victims wore approached in some way before the point of their possession. This could be by hearing voices or seeing dark figures, did something catch your curiosity and you wished to pursue it further, did you ever dabble in occult activities such as Ouija board. I look forward to hearing I hope everything worked out. God bless.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
mmmm

Just curious: Were you a teenager or pre-teen when this happened? I hate to give in to the stereotype of teenagers acting out... But that is what this sorta sounds like. I had some doozy of a fights with my father around 17. And yes... There was swearing. And yes lots of nasty name calling on my part. I also did the pious laughing thing. I would shake. I would become a different person. My hormones and emotions were rising. Everything has a greater sense of urge and built up when your a teenager (well most). Something a trivial as not agreeing with a view or just wanting to go out to the movies with a boy could escalate.

Before this hysteric fit broke out, did you black out? Or did you just go into a rage that you've blocked out.

What do you think happened? What did your parent's think happened?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: