You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Boarding House

Real Ghost Stories

Boarding House

 

I am not a good story teller so please bear with me.

This Story happened around 1995, I was a Freshman in College in the City so my routine was I would go home every Friday and come back to the city on Sunday evenings. I was staying in an old townhouse turned into a boarding house, there were 3 bedrooms upstairs and 1 downstairs, and there was 12 boarders all together, 3 boarders for each room. My room was in the second floor.

On to my story.

One particular Sunday I had to come back to the city early morning to attend a christening. The christening and the party was over by 3pm so I went straight to the boarding house where I was staying since it was still early, I was the only one there.

The rest of my board mates would start arriving around 5:30 like always. So I got the key from under the mat and open the boarding house, I went straight to my room on the second floor and started putting clothes into the closet, then I heard these footsteps coming up the stairs towards my room. They stopped right outside my door so I thought somebody else came early. I was just waiting for the door to open and surely enough it did the only thing was nobody was there!

I remember just looking at the open door for a few seconds and it closed slowly as if someone pulled it to close it, followed by the footstep going down the stairs... I just froze for a few moments then ran down the stairs and out the boarding house barefoot, I waited two and a half hours for my other board mates to arrive.

I didn't tell them what happen for two reasons, I didn't want to scare them and I was scared that they would think I was crazy.

Other hauntings by smartwater

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, smartwater, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vectorine (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-29)
I like this... As a kid I really wanted to experience paranormal stuff. I was obsessed with it. Do take care 😊
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
thanks villain_prince and moonshadow...;)

Moonshadow, I have lots of experience to share, I just haven't found the time to sit and write them, hopefully I can soon.
villain_prince (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-20)
nice story... Probably that spirit lives there a long time ag0...
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
thats a great story id say it was just the spirit of someone who lived there in the past I guess it ment no harm when it just went away again. You must be sensitive in some way as you seem to have had a few spirit encounters hope you have some more stories... Take care... 😁
smartwater (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
yeah, even my husband doesn't believe me when I tried to tell him that experience, he just told me that it was just probably my imagination playing tricks on me 😠
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-18)
I don't blame you for not tell them and You not the only one that has not believe you cause it does happen to me my family don't believe me about this parnormal stuff. It's sure creep you out when walk sound when nobody home.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: