You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Phone Call From Beyond?

Real Ghost Stories

Phone Call From Beyond?

 

Background on me: Empath, and somewhat clairvoyant. At time of experience was still in high school (occurred March 2009). I also own an original Ouija board, older than Parker Bros (another experience worth telling)

Experience One: Phone call

Paranormal Experience: this happened later on in the night on a Thursday. I just got off the phone with a friend, and he called later on while I was getting something.

Just before I walked out the door, I checked the caller ID/phone and there was only one message. I left his message on there because I was in a rush. After we got back (about 3 hours later), I came in to the message indicator saying there were two messages (first being my friend).

The weird thing about the second message was that it did not show up in the caller ID. Regardless, I played it, and got a much worse feeling about the message.

The message first sounded like someone was crying-when this happened, it felt like I just got punched. The next part was even more disturbing: while the crying was going on it slowly transitioned to sounding like the phone was underwater-no more crying at the end, just an underwater-type sound (muffled, sounded like when you are underwater and something got dunked close to you-that type of sound)

Of course, by the time that happened, I started to panic for some reason-my first thought was to call my Dad (yeah, I may be 18, but when I hear a message like that... I don't care how it sounds-I was scared. This is coming from a guy who laughs at horror).

After the message played, the phone usually gives some stats (phone number, when it was called/date, etc.) -according to the stats, the call was placed 2min since my friend's last call-which I would believe, but I was present when the call was placed (I would have seen it). By all accounts, the message shouldn't have existed Nonetheless; the entire call left me with a feeling of dread.

Theories: After I calmed down some, I tried to come up with some non-paranormal theories, just to try and explain it

Theory 1: Somehow, my friend either didn't hang up, or dialled randomly. I would believe it except that even messed up calls has an ID on my phone-It's happened a few times, but there has always been an ID. The last call that appeared on the phone was my friend, and not the disturbing call.

Theory 2: Telemarketer + static: This one also seemed plausible, as they tend to leave some kind of vague message. This theory was neither proven nor denied because they usually leave an ID saying something like "Private number" or the like.

Theory 3: Prank call-I had to include the idea, even though I didn't think it was.

Finally, this may help later on, but when I played the message through the first time-my first though was that someone committed suicide by jumping into some form of water-which prompted me to check on most of my friends. If I get a feeling that bad, then I act on it (gut feelings). I've only had feelings like that a few times, and when they happen something bad usually happens.

The message got deleted-My dad came home and told me not to worry about it. I still don't believe him though; otherwise I wouldn't be posting this story in hopes to gain some thoughts.

Sorry for the long read-fossiler

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fossilera, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nawtij (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
All I want to know is why is it relevant at all to mention that you have a ouija board older than a parker bros? O.o
rosesarered (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
I had a friend of mine get a phone call that sounded demonic. She said it freaked her out.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Wow that would be a really strange phone call. I can only think of one time in my entire life where I swear I talked to a spirit that called my phone. Probably one of the strangest paranormal experiences of my life, and that's saying a lot because I've had many experiences:)
LTskittles125 (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
well I agree with jasmin314 on this one it is possible for you to get a phone call from the other side. The reason it doesn't show the id is because its and old cell phone or home phone from way back when if you know what I mean. 😁
fossilera (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
aswanghunter1-did you really have to post that? (ha ha, And no-I don't own a goldfish)

Ghostwispererxx- Definitely creepy story, and yeah I'm okay-just when the thing happened I was shaken up.

CenterCore-I understand that there isn't any danger from a call, but I still checked on my friends because I thought for some crazy reason that one of them may have "taken the plunge" and that it may have been their last call. (All are safe). If I get anything like it again, you can be sure I'll let you know.

Unfortunately I don't live in the complex anymore (moved out a short while ago). I would have loved to test if it was an entity at the old apartment, or just a repeat of events.

Thanks for all the comments and stories!
gogreenjessi (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
a lot of spirits contact by messing with electronic devices. If this is the case, it is itelligent & trying to make contact. Or it is residual, and repeating a past event. If this is the case it mght happen again
BEST OF LUCK!
~Jessi
ghostwhispererxx (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
a similar thing happened to me when me & my friends were using the ouija board. My friend Kenna had her cell phone disconnected and coud not call people/receive calls. She was one of the people in the room. My other friend Aaliyahs phone started to ring, and she asked Kenna why she was calling her. Aaliyah answered not knowing the phone was disconnected, and turned it on speaker. "h-h-h-ello HELP!" was what we heard in a muffled voice, then the called hung up. We all got chills and cramps the rest of the night. Sorry for the long comment, I hope your okay! 😆
aswanghunter1 (11 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
maybe there's no caller ID cause the "thing" used a shellphone. Reception in the ocean isn't very good. Did you ever own a gold fish?
CenterCore (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-25)
I can definitely relate to this, as I have experienced similar phenomena. However, in my case, there was a phone call, in which the number "666" was displayed. However, the ID did not keep track of it. To this day, I cannot prove it happened. But you can check out my stories to see some of what I've gone through since I was a kid. Good luck, and just remember; if it's paranormal-related, the chances are, you're in no danger. It's like with bears; they're as afraid of us as we are of them. "Ghosts", which is a term I DO NOT use, simply because of how general it is, are no less willing to deal with us as we are of them. They simply are lost, seeking answers that cannot be given. Don't take this experience as something to fear. It's not something to worry about. Let me know if this continues.
Tom143 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
Nice storie... I never knew that ghosts can haunt people with phone calls/messages 😜
fossilera (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
Thanks!:)

I organize the info like this because I was taught to treat everything like an experiment, and not jump to conclusions without coming up with some possible theories.

If only the internet could convey real emotions-still get the chills whenever I think about it.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-24)
I love the way that you organized your story. You made it look like an A+ assignemt. That is very creepy. I have heard of people getting calls from the other side. In fact, my sister experienced a call from the other side; therfore, I believe it is safe to add Theory 4: paranormal phone call. ❤ Jasmin

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: