You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Shaking Lamps, Bed Or Me

Real Ghost Stories

Shaking Lamps, Bed Or Me

 

I have a very small house in a really peaceful neighborhood. I do not think my house is very old, but that has not stopped me from speculating that there is something is this house.

One night, I was really tired so I thought that I would watch TV and then go to bed soon after. I was sitting when I suddenly heard a loud sound right in front of me. Like something hit something else. I looked up and my lamp was moving... Like shaking! It looked like somebody or something had hit it, but there was nobody in my house and all the windows were closed!

I want to find reasons that would justify what I saw, but I cannot find any reason.

This is also not the only time that I have encountered strange things happening in my house.

I sleep really early, like around 9:30. It was a Monday and I went to bed around that time. I was about to close my eyes when I suddenly felt dizzy and then I started shaking. I opened my eyes so wide that I thought my eyeballs were going to shoot out of my eye sockets. I could not decide whither it was me shaking or the bed. I suddenly sprang out of my bed and turned on the lights. Yet again, there was nobody there. I went to sleep on the couch because I was sweating so much.

When I think about it, it felt like somebody had put their hands on the ends of my bed and shaking the bed. I do not know what it was, or maybe it was me shaking.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
A slight tremor perhaps? You do live in the state for them. Are they doing any road work or sewer line work in your area? Sometimes they do that at night simply to be able to work without traffic.
I have had my bed shake at times, I think it's a fairly common event and seems to happen when just about asleep. Not sure what it is but unless it shakes when you are fully awake I wouldn't worry about it.
roselover13 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
A spirit in your house may have been in an argument a died so after having to relive that moment forever in the spirit relm.
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
Whatever is in your house is obviously trying to get your attention. The shaking didn't seem malicious in intent but I could be wrong. This entity could need your help with something or it could want to hurt it; it's hard to tell from the shaking. If your really nervous about this shaking happening again you could carry something that you think will protect you. Depending on your religion it could be crosses, amulets, crystals, ect. Also a good technique for cleansing energy in a room or house is to smudge some sage. This spirit may not even want to hurt you so just try to wait it out first and see if anything else happens. Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: