You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: It All Started 5 Years Ago

Real Ghost Stories

It All Started 5 Years Ago

 

First of all I would like to apologise for my English because you see I'm from Greece and I'm 15 years old. My name's Mikaella and the story I'm about to tell is dated back 5 years ago, when my grandfather died.

My grandfather's cancer was diagnosed suddenly. We knew he was not very healthy (I mean he woke up in the middle of the night to smoke cigarettes and then went back to sleep!) but we never thought he would die so quickly. He died within 6 months of being diagnosed with bone cancer. The last three days he didn't speak at all and I don't believe that it was because of his illness but he didn't have anything to say. When a night before he died I entered his room I saw him sleeping, sat beside him and cried quietly so I would not wake him up. He opened his eyes and told me not to be worried and not cry because he'll be always there. I was very little to understand what he said so I hugged him and fell asleep in his arms. The next morning my mother woke me up and said not to look at my grandpa. He was cold and hadn't moved at all. He died. I didn't cry nor worry about him as he said so.

After his death my parents told me to stay with my grandmother because she needed me and I agreed because to me my grandmother is my guardian angel.

Almost five months after his death I were sleeping in my grandfather's bed with my grandmother when the most horrifying screaming woke me up: my grandmother was standing in the door watching something and screaming very hard. The room was very cold and though the heat was on I could see my frozen breath. I went beside her and told her calmly to stop screaming and to tell me what was going on. She turned to me with tears on her face and told me: "Don't you see it? Tell me you do please!" and pointed at the end of the hallway. "See what grandma?" It was then that I felt something passing me by. I didn't need more than that to understand what had just happened. I put my grandmother back to sleep and lay down beside her so that she could calm down.

The next morning I tried to explain to my mother what happened but she didn't believe me and I don't blame her. My grandmother has forgotten pretty much everything from that night... I don't know why but she erased everything from that incident or at least that's what she keeps telling me...I've moved out from her house and live with my parents. I lived with her 3 years and I stop by to see her everyday. But what happens at nights? Who will be there to calm her down like I did?

Her scream was the most terrible thing I have ever heard... I can still hear it inside my head! I want him out of her life...He's gone anyway, why does he keep torturing her?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Greece

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LaDroga, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

coastie (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
I think it was his way of confirming to you that he was ok and could always be around; as he'd told you. You could explain to your grandmother that he was only trying to comfort you and show that he was ok. I don't think he had any bad intent whatsoever. 😁
Arithod (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
i think what's going on is that your grandfather left an imprint (kind of a scar on the pysical world) by doing the same thing (getting up to smoke) every night his aura burnt an image into our world if that is what it is you have nothing to worry about and like most scars it should fade in time the question is how long
envy999 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
I'm pretty sure whatever your Grandmother is seeing might be a cloud of resentment your grandfather may have left behind and I suggest you should help him 'move' on. I'd advise using a 'board' as well but you may as well try to use it if you are really desperate. If conditions continue to get worse, I'd say to use prayer. May god bless you and I do hope the best for your Grandmother. 😊
Kyyrme (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-04)
I agree. If there is you grandad's ghost, I believe that he's just checking things... If that is possible 😐. And your grandma forgetting this thing. It's actually basic stress reaction. She has forgot the thing that scared her so badly, so that it doesn't screw up her life.
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-04)
I don't think he means to torture her. I think the problem is he wants to come back and see both you and her and you are open to him while she is just the opposite. Therefore he's scaring the living daylights out of her.
You could try to talk to one or both of them. Like, explain to your grandma that he just wants to see her. Or tell your grandpa that he's scaring her.
I'm not sure exactly how you should tell him, although I would seriously recommend against using one of THOSE boards. You could write a letter and leave it at his grave, or you could try just saying "grandpa I want to talk to you." and see if he comes.
Good luck with this and sorry for your loss
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-04)
I am sorry about your grandfather, But what you mean that he keep t torture her? Just wonder.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: