You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Poor Mother

Real Ghost Stories

Poor Mother

 

I'm new here and got many experiences with the "unknown", ever since I was young I would have dreams (being awake or sleep) that would often come true, also see hear and feel, my sister is also very similar, seeing faces in trees flowers etc... We don't like it as we don't understand it, my nana is the same as her mother and grandmother was. Now you know a little about me I will continue.

One of my experiences was a few years ago I was a single mum with two boys age 2yrs and 4months, just splitting with there father and needed a home I took the first one that was available. It was a nice 3 bedroom home slightly chilly but it was a home. Moving my things in I could smell a sweet smell but it had some sort of disturbing smell after it, I ignored it thinking it was flowers outside with compose. The first night I was so tired I feed my boys had long hot shower and just hit the pillow, I was woken about 1am by the sense of someone there, but couldn't make out who it was. I jumped up turned lamp on then the smell sweet but off smell, feeling cold and not noticing anyone I got up to make sure the windows where tightly closed and checked the kids, all was well so back to bed I went.

Then dreaming, a lady sitting on my bed just talking, smiling, like she missed chatting, her name Julie, short dark brown hair, gentle face. I woke up feeling a little strange about my dream knowing it was more then that.

I had a friend come stay the night to help me unpack a few more boxes and just get a little more settled, and bring over our puppy, everything was going really we put music on packing things away and chatting, then that smell! My puppy backing up fur standing up and barking wildly and cold chill, my friend and I just looked at each other and I put my puppy in the laundry to clam her down.

When I came back into the kitchen my friend was shaking, I asked her what's wrong, "the pantry door just opened and closed" she told me, I told her not to worry. I turned off the music and made us a coffee. At 7:30pm foot steps heard down the hall way, sweet smell chill then footsteps got really fast then BANG! My 2yr old sons door slammed shut, I ran into the room to him crying from the sound of the door as he was fast asleep, after I put him into my bed and back to sleep I went back out to my very freaked out friend. As I walked down the hall way, passing my sons room I saw her, Julie, in the corner of my son's room, she was looking at me but with fear almost as if I was scaring her, I just let her be and walked away.

That night I had the same dream as night before exactly the same. I woke to my 4month crying. I walked into his room (different room from older brother) only for him to stop suddenly smile at the wall and drifted back off to sleep, but his room was very cold. I started to get a little interested in the history of this house. I spoke to the family next door who have lived there for many many years, they told me that few years back a lovely lady and her son moved in, she had also just recently split from her husband and was happy to take on this place, she lived there for about 5years before she started dating a nice man, at about 7:30 one night her ex broke into the home. They don't really know what happened but heard a lot of screaming and yelling so they called the police, but it was to late, the ex husband killed poor Julie in front of there 11yr old son in the first room (my 2yr old room) the ex tried to kill himself all because of jealousy but the police turned up.

He has been put away but poor Julie is not at rest, she is a mother who still sits in her son's room, which explains why she seemed so scared.

I moved out shortly after getting confirmation from the real estate, I'm not sure if she is still there or if she has found peace yet, I was there 4months and she seemed a lot easier when she spoke (in dreams) so I hope finding out what happened helped her.

My sons would play and be so happy there I think she had a helping hand, but as for sweety our puppy, she would still back off barking and never wanted to go inside the house, so puppy training also goes to Julie:)

Other hauntings by helno81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, helno81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ObjectiveBystander (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
That whole "lights of Rockhampton spelling Hell" is ridiculous. I have stood on Mt. Archer in R'ton and the lights can spell pretty much anything you want them to. I think whoever came up with that crack pot theory was high on acid.
lilmisskallie (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-10)
I fine this story very interesting and scary. I agree with BriFicher05. The mother probably meant no harm to you or your children. I was thinking another reason why Julie probably stayed in your oldest son's room is because she probably missed her son and your two year old is closer to the age 11 than your younger son. I hope nothing wrong happens and your family is now in peace.
helno81 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
To Necropolis_Seraph, jealousy is a powerful weapon, not good at all, I really do hope she is now at peace also and I feel her her son who would now be about 17yrs old now so I hope this young man turned out the way his proud mum wanted him too,

To DARKNESS, Hi I'm from Brisbane Qld, when this happened to me I was living in Rockhampton, if you to the look out in Rockhampton at night the lights of the town spell out HELL strange I think, I know its got nothing to do this this experience but thought you might be interested in it, you can google it if you want to read up about it, also a hotel We stayed at have some very interesting happenings there but that's another story.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-09)
Hi helno81 that was a very interesting story I was wondering which state your from? I'm from Perth WA and would like to hear about more paranormal places in Australia, haha would have been a terrifying experience and am curious to know what was going on there!

Cheers! 😊
Necropolis_Seraph (6 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
It's sad that there are some people who can kill a person whom they have loved before. Jealousy is really a bad thing. I just hope her spirit can rest and I hope her child has found people who can take care of him and is also doing good. ❤
helno81 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
Thank you everyone for your comments, To Girlie, I'm sorry to hear about poor lady who suffered by the hand of her ex, domestic violence is such a scary thing to have to go through but glad she was a strong women and made it thru, she must of had angels watching over her, as for the son of poor Julie, I'm not sure what happened to him I was told by the neighbours that he now lives with his grandparents but that is hear say, it has been almost 7years since this happened,

To Byluyster, nothing has followed me from there, nothing negative that I know of anyway, its awful hearing about people getting murdered but worse it being done in front of helpless young people, its just so sad 😢,

To Brifischer05, I did feel a negative vibe there but I think that was because at the time I was a newly single mum, I didn't feel she meant harm as all, altho our puppy at the time was very fearful, my boys didn't seem to mine, I would often here my eldest one chat with her while playing, but I did move him from that room to share with his younger brother, I didn't want him in a room full of sorrow, Once again thank you all for your comments.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
Hi I liked yor story. It is very sad that Julie died. I hate it went things like that happen. But what to her little boy the 11 year old. I don't you ever told us.
Also I want to tell you a little story that kind of like Julie's.
There was A WOMAN who put a re-tra-ney order on her think ex-husband (it could be ex-boyfriend) Anyway the juge which was a male droped the order but didn't tell the woman he told the ex.
So the woman was working at her job with out a care in the world when her ex come in throw gas-o-len (sorry bad speller) on her. Then she runs out the back way trying to get away but the ex catchs her anyway by breaking her toe. The sets her on FIRE! And on the tape at the place thw woman worked you saw her running in a fire ball.
Lucky she lives!
GILRIE 😢
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
It seems that dying of natural causes and being killed have a profound affect on one's spirit. I know of a house where a young mother was also killed, in front of her 2 year-old daughter. The house sits up on a little bank and each time I go by I feel very uncomfortable. New people live there now, but I often wonder if her spirit still visits and what she must think. 😢
Hope things are better for you now and nothing has followed you.

God Bless,
Byluyster
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-08)
Alot of negative energy in that house I would say. I'm sure she meant no harm to you or your children. In death she must still be fearful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: