You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Following Me In My House?

Real Ghost Stories

Something Following Me In My House?

 

We moved into our house when I was about 6. We lived in it for about 10 years now. Recently, I've been feeling a presence in my hallway. When I walk through it at night, it feels like someone is following me. I can also feel it in my room at night and in the morning. When we first moved in, I stayed in the middle room, but now I sleep in the room beside it. I've never actually seen a ghost before; I've only really felt them. I've seen orbs before and I do believe in the paranormal. The strange thing is, when I run through my hallway I can feel it chasing me. I'm afraid and I don't know what to do.

I can't talk to my parents about this because they don't take me seriously. If it helps, my house is very small, 1 floor and my room is right beside my garage.

Any help would really be appreciated. It seems angry, so should I be afraid? I've tried talking to it, telling it to leave, but nothing is working. I don't want to see it, because I have a fear of ghosts...

And this might have nothing to do with it but about a month ago I started getting big bumps in my wall right beside my bed, we don't have a water leaking problem, so I don't know. Does it have to do with anything? I'm just asking because I read somewhere that ghosts can go through walls and sometimes damage the paint, or something.

Thanks in advance.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Catherine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

insanerawr3 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
hello
I would suggest you pray for the spirit and ask God for help. You might also want to consider getting your house blessed.
Good luck!
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
Dear Catherine,

Test the spirit according to 1John 4:1-4. If you want to get rid of it then this is what you do. You have to be a Christian because only Christians have the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the person who can fight for you in the spirit world.

1. Pray to God for help. Do not pray to Michael the Archangel. Hebrews 4:16 and Jude 9

2. Put the armor of God on. Ephessians 6:10-18. Pray it on

3. Read the Bible out loud. Read your favorite verses out loud. I like Romans 8:26-39, John 3:16-17, John 14:6, Phillippians 2:9-11, Colossians 2:15 and I also like the book of Psalms.

4. Take a small bottle of olive oil and ask God to bless it. Take the oil and anoint all of your windows and doors. Make the sign of the cross and as you are making the sign of the cross say"I anoint this place in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

5. Command the demonic force to leave in the name of Jesus. Phillippians 2:9-11

6. Repeat steps 3,4, and 5 in every room of the house.

7. Go to a door that leads to the outside open it and command the demonic force to leave in the name of Jesus. Anoint that door.

If you are Catholic you can use Holy Water instead of oil. Use the oil only for blessing the house. Do these steps once a week for 1 or 2 months, then do them once a month for 6 months and then eventually you can anoint or bless your house once a year.

I hope this helps.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
Do you have a priest or a preacher that you can go to and talk to? Try getting some Holy water or some Holy oil and anoint all the rooms in the house and even anoint the garage too. While you're anointing them, pray and ask God for protection. Sprinkle salt around your house too, salt is used in many religious rituals to help ward off evil spirits. If I were you, I would sprinkle a little salt off into the corners of that hallway too. Don't put so much that it looks like a mountain, but sprinkle some off into the corners of that hallway and you can also make a mixture of salt water in a spray bottle and spray it into the corners of each room and pray and really spray that hallway good with it and pray. Don't forget to spray the garage too and if it's possible to sprinkle some salt into the corners of the garage do so, so it can't run out into the garage and hide.

It saddens me when parents don't and won't believe their children. If a child is coming to you telling you that they are frightened by something going on in the house or they are hearing, seeing, or feeling things, it is our job as parents to investigate and closely pay attention to what they are telling us and try to get to the bottom of it.

I will keep you in my prayers. God bless
Ps1983 (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
Try a cat. Most spirits, especially bad ones don't like cats and cats don't lime them. Don't know why that is but has always worked for me.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
well, if You are willing to try religious things why not but a cross in your hallway pr sprinkle it with holy water, try talking to your parents a little more about this. You might need their help, speaking of help, I really hope I helped. Stay save ❤
bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
Wow,the same thing happens to me, except instead of being followed, it just feels like I'm being watched 24/7.Especially when I'm home alone, it just feels like someone is stareing at me from behind. Weird. 😕
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
have you had the house blessed?
You might want to put a crucifix on your wall that was blessed. It might help.
Have a nice day.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: