You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost Lamp, Kitten, And Demon In Graveyard Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Lamp, Kitten, And Demon In Graveyard Experiences

 

Most of what I experienced happened in Virginia, but some has happened in New York.

I moved in with my boyfriend and his family because I had no where to stay and we are attending the same college. I live in New York in an older apartment building. Our apartment has no central air and no heat. We just have air conditioners and heaters. I don't know the age of this apartment building but I want to learn more about it.

When I first met my boyfriend, he told me about a lamp that turns on and off all the time. It is a heat sensitive touch lamp. At first I was unsure and thought it was just the light malfunction or something, but when I came to live here... I saw it might not be.

This lamp turns on and off several times in a row on random days and weeks. It has no pattern. It could be a malfunction but I think it might be a ghost. Personally I have had a couple experiences with ghosts, which I will go further on about in another story. Anyway, this lamp turns on only when we have slept in past 7 am and will turn on and off after we turn it off the first time. It has turned on and off in one morning 20 times repeatedly.

One time it wouldn't turn off after I pressed it multiple times. It turns on and off when only me and my boyfriend or just one of us is in the room but not when anyone else, such as friends or family are in the room. His sister, age 7, came in and asked me if I wanted the light off and I said yea and told her it kept going on and off. She tapped it and left the room. Thirty seconds later, she came back in and asked who turned the light on and I said I hadn't and I wasn't even near the light. It just turned on by itself. It doesn't do this all the time, only randomly.

This doesn't sound like a normal lamp malfunction because it is in fact heat sensitive... I tried to touch it with a paper clip a comb, anything else that's not my finger. I even tried the cat's paw and it wouldn't turn on. I looked up the malfunctions and if it was a malfunction it would be turning on and off a lot and eventually the light bulb would die... But the light bulb hasn't yet. It's been going on for a year. It's a friendly but annoying lamp we call the ghost lamp.

Now I have had experiences with ghosts and even a demon.

Back when I lived in Virginia...

When my kitten of 7 months ran away back in February of this year, I was heartbroken. I felt a huge loss in my heart and cried for weeks about it. A month after it ran away, at 12 am in the morning, I was alone in the living room of my mom's apartment. I was typing away on the computer just minding my own business. My mom and her boyfriend had gone to sleep and I was the only one awake. All of the sudden, I heard purring coming from the radiator that my kitten had spent most of its time on when it was with me. Then after the purring disappeared, a paper fell behind me from a stack of papers sitting flat on a stack of books. The place where the papers were was the area my kitten would play around when I was on the computer and he would climb up a wooden play post my mom made for him and then crawl up on my lap and sleep. I don't know if my kitten had passed away or was alive, but I do know that he came back that night to say that he was still there with me and never left my side. I miss him so much. I love you, Morgan Jr.

Now on to the experience with the demon.

One day in May, my friends and I went to the graveyard down in a small country town in Virginia where I lived with my mom before moving to New York in July this year. We went at 9 pm and it was a night with a full moon. I was interested to see if the stories of a demon the teenagers named Chester was real. I wanted to see for myself.

We ventured in and walked around and sat on a stone wall as well. I stayed on the path as to avoid stepping on the graves of the dead. I didn't want to disturb their rest. So then my friend Mel, her boyfriend, her guy friend, and I followed along side with these three other boys who have seen this so called demon named Chester. They said he was over 10 feet tall and had scythes for hands. They told us that he was following us after one of the boys went into the open back field near the tree where he "dwells" and got him to come out. They had pictures but the boy's files on his computer had been corrupted.

When the boys told us that Chester was standing behind my friend Mel's boyfriend, I turned around and looked and saw a purplish gray figure about 10 feet tall standing in front of her boyfriend who had turned around. I knew what I saw and I knew it wasn't just the night playing tricks on my eyes... Her boyfriend didn't believe in demons or ghosts so he didn't see it. But me and my friend both saw it.

After they were so focused on that, I felt a cold chill and a breeze started to stir right in front of me on a night that wasn't windy. Immediately after, I saw two white figures standing next to a tree I was five feet in front of. They stood about five feet or more tall and then after about a minute the breeze and white figures disappeared.

Then after that the boys told us that Chester was standing in front of my friend who was five feet away from me. We started to run. I think that by then it was time to go anyway.

Weeks later my friend's guy friend that came with us told a researcher about the demon and they got interested in it. However, the leader of the group of guys who had seen it before told him he would hurt him if he told them more information and I don't know what happened after that as I moved.

These are my stories. I believe I have had experiences with ghosts and even a demon. Thanks for reading. Please do comment and let me know what you think.

Carrie

Other hauntings by Spazztasticgirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Spazztasticgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Stuss217 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Hey ur's was a scary experience. Thanx for sharing dear... Take care...
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-05)
I heard cats run away and don't return if they are sick and are going to pass away. So most likely that was the spirit of your cat come back to say goodbye.
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
...True true... Seems like a child spirit... And yes I definitely protected from the demon...
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
i have a feeling that your lamp is probabley being turned on and off by a mischivious spirit maybe a child or a lonley spirit could of followed it from another place if it was owened by someone else before you had it I guess it means no harm do... The white figures you seen at the same time as the demon could of been spirit protectors or gurdian angels protecting you from the demon making sure it dident follow you...
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Lol. Sorry part of that last response was toward Moonshadow... I agree don't mess with demons...:S

But another question...

What kind of ghost or entity or energy would want to turn a lamp on and off randomly? Lol. Silly lamp:] My boyfriend and I agree it's a ghost lamp!
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Thanks all for your comments:)

Syeetaque: The lamp is hilarious... We laugh at it... Lol. It's a silly haunting... And yes my kitten misses me for sure... I was its best friend:]

Book_lover123: When I saw the figures, I was very much mystified... I felt cautious, fear, and shock all at once. It gave off a feeling of power and frustration. It didn't want us there and it was standing its ground. I didn't mess with it. I was there to see other entities... Not the demon itself but it showed itself. And my friends also believe to have seen the white lady (a myth?) and orbs. When I saw the white figures, I felt a lost feeling... They seemed like they were friends or lovers lost together and they couldn't find peace.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
lovley story about the cat and the lamp going on and off id say the spirit of your cat will allways be around you now protecting you... The story about the demon is a bit scary though and I allways think it's dodgey to mess around with entities like this who are youseally inhuman spirts of the spirit world that never live in this world in a phisical human body. They can cause a lot of problems of all sorts and we must avoid them at all costs... Enjoyed your story take care... 😊
-SarahS- (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Wow. What a great story. Yeah, I've been in the same shoes (the curiousity to see the ghost by yourself) but unfortunately, it didn't showed itself. By the way, thanks for sharing!
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.
That figure must have been scary. How did you feel when you saw the figures, good, bad?
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
wow... As far as I've read your story, all the encounters you wrote here are not very scary... Except for the encounter with the demon... Haha... Another annoying form of haunting (refering to the ghost lamp) 😆 I love it when people think what haunt them not to be scary... But I don't know if I would freak out if I have one...
Sweet story about your kitten... It misses you too...
It's obvious... Keep praying for it... ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: