You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: August Soul Mates

Real Ghost Stories

August Soul Mates

 

They got married in August and they both died in August from the same illness 10 years apart. There is no bridge in this world, or the next that will stop a soul mate from crossing it. The last time I saw my dad alive was just before he died. With all his might he raised his hand to my mums face and looked her in the eyes and said these three final words, I love you. This is my story.

After all the paranormal experiences in my life, at 30 years old for some reason I don't know why, I just went into denial. I convinced myself everything that has happened to me, was just my imagination and nothing else. Death is final and I declared myself an atheist. I lived with this belief for about 4 years and was comfortable with accepting my life and this was the only journey for me. Well that was until I lost my dad to lung cancer in August 1999. My dad didn't really hold a strong opinion in regards to religion or if there was an after life. He was the type of person though who would have climbed Mt. Everest if that was required to let you know he's still around. He would do anything to get a message to my mum that he was ok.

When I lost my dad it was upsetting, I grieved but I was not over sensitive, not looking for signs or proof that he was still around. I just took comfort in the fact he was not suffering anymore. Mum was taking it pretty hard, they got married in August 1958 mum was just 17years old. From that point on until now he was her whole world. Knowing how desperate mum was to hear from him, one night as I was laying in bed contemplating my pre-atheist beliefs, I decided to use a method I had practiced when I was younger to enhance my physic ability. I believe now "present time" that's when we dream our spirit controls our thought process and there are ways to receive and converse messages from beyond. I have had premonitions that saved my life and have over the years also been visited by spirit guides.[Getting back to this method] as I meditated myself into a deep sleep, I focused on looking at the back of my hands, This part of our body we never normally see when we are dreaming then suddenly dad appeared" I believe I crossed over to the spirit world", To describe what I did I consciously fooled my sub conscious and could see as clear as you can see round your room right now. But, at the same time I was in a deep sub conscious state. First thing he said was, you did it son, and we embraced. He said tell your mother I love her. We talked for a little while, then I remember saying, dad how do I validate this dream? Don't forget 10 minutes before this dream I was an atheist. He paused for a moment and said just mention Harry and Edna. Then, looking to my right a bright light was coming towards me I knew I was overstaying my time.

The next day with a look of clarity I told mum what happened. She confirmed the dream with a surprised look on her face, and said she knew Harry and Edna. They were temporary carer's for dad when he was fourteen.

After that dream things started to happen. A few weeks after dad passed, I was in my room not quite asleep but almost. All of a sudden someone I presumed (dad) just sat straight down on the bed, I felt the bed lower and then sometime later rise. I dismissed it as paranormal and more probably caused by a nervous twitch in my leg which perhaps caused my leg to jolt the bed. "Not out of denial just yet". Then most nights just as I was about to fall asleep, I would jump in bed quite suddenly. The walls would creek with quite an explosion, sometimes repetitive all night long. Sometimes from my bedroom I could see shadows walking up and down my hallway. My youngest son also started seeing things including ghosts. He was so frightened my wife often slept with him.

Another night, my bedroom door (with a towel one side and jumper on other) slowly opened up, all the windows were closed so there was no draft and I have lived here for 17 years. It just doesn't happen, period. Next day I held a normal size fan up to the door and put it on high speed. The door didn't move. That night lying in bed with the walls banging every couple of minutes, I said dad if that is you could you bang three times then stop and I will acknowledge that you are there. Sure enough with about 5 seconds in between, the walls banged three times then they stopped for the rest of the night.

That was the start and still is a way that I can communicate with him from time to time. Over the years and including just before my mum died, he visits now and then to let me know something is about to happen. The walls banged just before my cousin, uncle, and niece died. You could imagine how I felt three days before I lost my mum when the wall started to bang. She had terminal lung cancer at the time and was in palliative care.

There are many other little odd things that happened after dad died, But the one thing that really convinced me and totally restored my faith, was the night I saw my dad outside my bedroom window. My window is probably 6ft high and 8ft long. I was lying in bed and staring outside when suddenly I could see a light against my colour bound fence. At first I thought it was a reflection from the street light but then it moved off the fence and moved towards me. My heart was pounding as he got closer; I knew it was a relation but not sure if it was dad. Before he died dad had a chubby face and this face now drawing closer was skinny. His body also was slim and though now I regret it, I got up and walked out of my room.

The next day I went to my mum's room and told her what happened. She showed me her wedding photo" my god" that was my dad he had a skinny face and a lean figure when they got married.

In 2007 one night as I was asleep, a spirit guide came to me in a dream, and said your mum is sick. When my dad died my mother was living with a broken heart, in 10 years she never once went out looking to rebuild herself in any way. She never complained and after begging her to go to the doctors she refused. I expressed my concern to the rest of my family and told them about my dream. In desperation I made this chilling prediction mum would not be with us in 2 years but still no luck. I still carry guilt for not trying hard enough but I'd realized" mum was dying from a broken heart and was aching to be with her soul mate". She was waiting for her time and left it up to fate.

January 2009 as I was sleeping, my spirit guide had returned. He said bluntly to me, your mother is going to suffer. The next day as I was taking my mum to the doctors she told me about a dream she had that on the same night. A little dark person told her she would be better off in the spirit world. That evening was the beginning of a cruel battle with cancer. Over the next 7 months it is too painful to write about what she went through. But what I will tell you is this. She kept her dignity and would not bow down to this living evil that was slowly taking her life. She never lost her humour either, she told me one day with a cheeky grin on her face that she was going to haunt me" god love her". Three days before she died the wall started to bang I knew that dad was coming to take her. On the day she died, just moments before, I held her hand and said; Go to him mum your heart will fill with joy. Your soul mate has returned and your kingdom awaits. Mum passed away moments later, it was on a Thursday in August 2009. The cancer eventually broke down her body but it never ever broke her spirit.

Seven days had passed and no knocks on the wall, lying in bed crying I felt so alone. When you lose your mum it hurts you to the core of your being. When all of a sudden not only in my room, but through the whole house the walls were banging as loud as ever, knock after knock. I knew dad and mum were here the banging was so loud. My wife who was in another room came to me and wanted to know what was happening. I'd shared my soul with her for the last 20 years, she only had to look at me and she knew.

Later that night I felt my mum sit on my bed, I felt her hand touch my face, a touch that a child never forgets. God had blessed me with one more goodbye. I said mum, I know it's you, please don't let my energy keep you bound to me. You have suffered enough, go now where the days are like minutes and the nights are like seconds. Although I could not see or hear her, I could feel her love as she was waving me goodbye. They have not been back since. May their souls entwine in eternal bliss.

"AUGUST SOUL MATES " 2/8/58 5/8/99 13/8/2009

Other hauntings by aussiedaz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aussiedaz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-05)
Thank you both for your comments, not a day go past I don't think about them.

Regards Daz!
Itoldyaiwastrouble (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-01)
So sorry for your loss. Such a beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Made me cry ❤ God Bless X ❤
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-28)
Beautiful story and as much as I am sorry for your loss, I am happy for your parents and I'm certain they are in a way happier place and taking a back seat now.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
27flowers, Thank you for your thoughts and if you enjoy reading all the comments, then I'm sure you'll get a good laugh out of the thread on my story, two little boys... And yes a few friendships outside of here have evolved from interactions between the members on this site and there understanding of all aspects.

Regards Daz😁
27flowers (2 stories) (25 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Aussiedaz,
I'm working my way through your stories at the moment to catch up after reading your recent story and the relating story Woman in Black. This is a lovely account and I hope some of the newer readers like myself take the time to go through your stories too, not only the stories but the comments too as it is wonderful how you bring so many of the regulars on here together sharing their ideas and similar experiences-as do many other peoples stories- and you are all a truly facinating bunch of people from my "lurking" observations over the last year-I don't often feel the urge to comment but I love to read the comments and this is a lovely story, clearly a lot of people can relate. So thank you for sharing such a personal experience and writing in such a down to earth, inviting style, no frills and theatrical statements etc Into the Faves!

All the best,
27Flowers
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
[at] lizziebee1992,I'm sure they where soul mates, thank you for your thoughts ❤
lizziebee1992 (2 stories) (37 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
that is beautiful. My grandpa died when I was 12 and things still haven't benn the same. And I'm pretty sure that him and my grandma were soul mates as well.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Thanks for your thoughts Mortical, cancer is a rotten disease and affects many people sadly with the same conclusion most times... I am blessed being able to connect with my parents... It truly does give you some inner peace knowing that life doesn't finish with the last breath... Lol I'll check out your story in the near future mate...cheers.

Daz
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Darren just going through a couple more of your stories now mate.

All I can say is OMG how wonderful and beautiful it was your dad showed you he was there with you and was waiting for your mum so they could be reunited. I have to say while it made me sad I also smiled with the fact they were reunited and let you know they were

I know cancer is such an insidious disease, my mother in law passed away from it (not to plug it but I posted about seeing her on her 😊) and also a close friend of mine passed from liver cancer only 5 months after his diagnosis. Least youre mums no longer suffering and is with your dad now.

This just affirms to me that there IS an aferlife for both us and animals, we can reassure our loved ones if we so we wish. 😊 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
[at] bigryan020192, cheers mate and yes, my parents are still with me... Thank you for your thoughts.

Daz
bigryan020192 (4 stories) (26 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-19)
Wow what an amazing heart warming story, much respect to you and beloved parents.

This story reminds me of my grandad, its lovely how strong a bond you have with them, not even death could part you with them

Thankyou very much for sharing
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
miss-amos, thank you for your kind thoughts and your feelings towards this story... It does make a difference to me knowing that there memory is felt the way it is... LOL ❤MY email address is aussie.daz [at] hotmail.com...and I welcome your friendship.

Daz
miss_amos (19 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
that is a beautiful story thanks for sharing it wow my eyes filled with tears alsoo that really touched my heart I had to laugh when yu said how yur mum said to yu shes going to haunt yu lol wow she mustve beeen a beautiful lady full of humour I don't hav any spiritual connection but I had a aunty that passed away from cancer an I had a dream after she had passed away of her was beautiful dream an that's only time iv ever experienced something from otherside but wow yur story was amazing
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
Koalagirl,Thank you for reading my story and I agree cancer is a horrible disease,I'm glad your mum is well, I can tell you, I'm sure my dad watched over my family, as I'm sure your dad is doing the same with yours, god bless take care.
Darren
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-02)
hi aussiedad that's a beautiful story but
I lost my dad to cancer 17 years ago,
Cancer is a horrible evil disease, I almost had tears and it brings back memorys of my dad, we actually had just got married, I was home the phone rang to say dad had cancer, I knew it was his time (at that stage we didn't know where the cancer was but in my heart I new) he died about 9 weeks later, it was so sad to see him go down hill so quick, my mum is still here she is 82 and so well and mentally fit. Thanks for story I can understand how you feel god bless. Di
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
SmartBoy, thank you for your comment, I have a lot of friends with different views and different religious backgrounds, I respect them all. Your welcome to contact me at www.clevertours [at] hotmail.com as is anyone who would like to talk further.
All the best
Aussiedaz.
SmartBoy6198 (15 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
aussiedaz I respect you a lot my house is freaky with 1 angel and 1 ghost but I likethe angel and I live in australia to I know how the ghosts out there anyways I hope we will become friends (I am not christian I am budhist but I still think god and jesus are real and I respect them)

Yours truly Smart Boy
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
My spirit guide has been with me for over 20 years, It is the same person every time and he communicates with me through my dreams. 99 percent of what he has told me came true, Not sure if I can give advice in how to connect with your own but your grandma is right.
Thanks again
Darren
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
Thank you honey 91, I really appreciate your thoughtful comments, Cancer is a horrible disease and I'm so sorry you have been affected by it as much as you have. My faith is strong I don't know why I lost it, That won't happen again... Love conquers all, God bless, Take care.

Darren
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
I really liked your story.

As you read, my Nemo passed away from cancer. That horrible disease had taken many from my family. 😢

I find your story truly incredible. I love how you expressed your love for your parents and the love they had for each other. Why I love this story is because you were once an atheist, and the experience you had made you believe that there was in fact a God, and I'm so glad you believe in him again.

I think this is my favorite story so far 😁

Just think, your parents will always be with you, watching your family grow.

My grandma told me everyone has a spirit guide... I don't believe I have met mine yet. I kind of like to... But I don't know how to? I don't know. But anyways... Love your story.

God Bless! ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-31)
Thanks for your comments, They do mean a lot to me and sorry for making you all cry a little.
Wickedwitch, So sorry about the circumstances
Of your fathers death that is really sad. My heart goes out to you, I wish you all the best in your own life, God bless.

Lol darren
megna (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-31)
Thank you aussiedaz. This a good and sad story which made my whole family to cry

Thank you

❤ 😢 😭
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-31)
I actually lost my father when I was 4. He and my mother had a fight on the phone and he thought no one of us cared for him anymore. So he hung himself under the bridge behind his house.
Very, very sad for a child who hardly remembered what their father was like.

Thankyou for this story, aussiedaz. It was ery touching and it reminds me of my father.
😊 😁 😭
unrealweapon (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-31)
such a wonderful story, experience. Really touching that made my eyes wet with tears.

Beautiful... 😭

It was really beautiful...
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-29)
fist let me extend to you my deepest condolences. And I an glad to hear you got the chance to say good bye. ❤ haleybug
Victoira (22 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-29)
This story is so sad (in a good way) I'm glad they found each other and that you experienced something that I know a lot of people wish they could. I'm so glad this story ended with a happy ending. At first I was kind of wondering where this was going to go but I'm so glad that I kept on reading. Thank you for sharing this story with us. I understand that it would of hurt you to tell us what your Mum went through when she was heart broken. VERY GOOD STORY! I so wanted to cry because I was so happy for your parents 😭 😁

❤ Victoria
see27burn (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-28)
This is a beautiful story. Thank so much for sharing it with YGS. Your story has left me speechless and deeply touched. Thank you again. ❤

-meg
CutishIvy (47 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-28)
it creeps me to read the story but at the same time it made me happy that finally the two of them found each other again. Thanks for sharing this to us. Hope to hear more from you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-27)
Well thanks for making me cry. What a beautiful story. Seems like you weren't supposed to stay an atheist. Nothing like having a visit from the other side to convince you differently. I hope this gives hope to all those out there who question an existence after this life. Love is an energy and we know energy can not be created or destroyed but just takes on a different form. We are all going to pass from this world one day but it doesn't have to mean the end of our consciousness and your story strongly relays just that.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-23)
Thank you all again, Hello sevenwaters sorry about the loss of your mum. It must be really difficult for you and your family right now, Lets both take comfort in knowing their in a better place

God bless

Darren

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: