You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Daughters Imagination Or Real

Real Ghost Stories

Daughters Imagination Or Real

 

Let me start by saying that my daughter and I have been recently (in the last year) watching all those "ghost" shows on television. About a month ago she told me on her way home from school she was looking out the window of her bus and she saw a woman and described her in detail. She said she just stared at her for a while and when she blinked the woman was gone.

Last night she watched Psychic Kids on A&E and when I went up to kiss her goodnight she told me when she turned her lamp on she saw a woman out of the corner of her eye and again described her in detail, what she was wearing, how her hair looked right down to the pink colored lips the woman had on her pale face.

When she woke up in the morning she said she saw her again after I left and turned out the light, she said she was by her closet. I asked if it were just her imagination since she just watched a show about stuff like that and she got upset and cried that no one believes her - She is 11 years old.

I don't know why she'd see spirits in our home - We have only been here for 5 years and we built this home so no other person has been in it but us. Why now, all of a sudden is she seeing "people" like this? Are these shows getting to her imagination or is it something to look into? She also ALWAYS tells me she has a strong feeling that someone is watching her.

Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, concernedmom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostgirl96 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
Id say do some research on the history of the property and land its not always just the house it could have been an old house on the property and it was knocked down and it sat just a lot for a while but I wouldn't disclaim your daughters stories yet
AloveB85 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-17)
i know you psoted this awhile ago.

Is your daughter still seeing this woman?
A good way to find out if its real or her imagination is to stop watching those type of shows all together.
It could be the influence of the show casuing her to see this woman. OR, it could be very real.
I have a 6 year that has had encounters with the paranormal, so you never know.

Hopefully all this has stopped so your daughter can get some sleep and some peace
lightningspirit (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-13)
If it was her imagination, when describing the lady, she would forget details. But, since she has described her detail for detail several times, I would say she really is seeing this lady. Every home has a spirit. They are known as guardians. But, it could also be possible that your home is sitting on "pioneer land". The pioneers buried people wherever they died while they were traveling. It is not uncommon to buy or build a new home and have a spirit in it. She has attached herself to your daughter but don't be alarmed. She is obviously following her to school for a reason. Spirits don't normally follow like that. You should talk to your daughter and find out if she is being bullied or anything. Otherwise, I wouldn't be alarmed about her presence. Just let her know that you know she's there and tell her you appreciate her watching over your daughter.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
I'm not a parent, but if I was one, I don't think I would have my child watch these types of shows much, if at all, even. For one thing it can cause fear. For another thing it can give them a false idea about reality, ie, that ghosts are around every corner. Ghosts may be around every corner, but it is good for a child to be grounded on the earthly plane, in my opinion.
zaphiod (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
Hey concernedmom,

I think that you absolutely have to entertain the idea these shows could have made her see what she sees. However I also think that its entirely possible she is seeing extraordinaty things. But I was thinking if your daughter is receptive, maybe seeing a medium would help give you insight into what's happening, if nothing comes of - it no harm done.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
I understand your concern but I think I would first blame it on her imagination before examining the possible metaphysical nature of these events. Any child at her age would not only get deeply influenced by what they see on tv but would mainly want to differ from the mass. What I mean is that TV tends to portray these "sensitive" people as being beyond the average which is not always true so I would expect a young girl to go as far as "immitating" or even forcing herself to believe she is actually experiencing the paranormal. The point is has your daughter ever mentioned having similar experiences before she began watching these shows? Have you noticed anything out of the ordinary before these shows became a daily or weekly habit?
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
My only real advice I can give you is to be sure to be there for your daughter, and don't question any of the things she's going through, she may have a gift. Try to just be understanding, even if you don't believe it yourself.
bobby_singh (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
i know the more we indulge in the paranormal and watch and read these freaky shows the more we think we hear or see things that go bump in the night... I would say its more than likely prob 90% her imagination but you should if your worried check out and see if its not...
SmartBoy6198 (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
i am convinced that your daughter is telling the truth if there wass a house built before that house and if it was demolished the ghost could be coming baack for revenge if I were you I would stray close to your daughter and maybe even sleep with her in the night because when my parents sleep with me the ghost tends to go away

Hope this info helps

Yours truly Smart Boy
taylorchelsea (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
Well, young children are suposed to be able to see certain ghosts or "spirits" but as I am only 12, I see dark shadows, it may be her imagination, and a little bit of reality. Someone would be trying to contact her, or letting her know that they are here with her.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
It could be that she sees something. As to what that really is, who knows. This site is very interesting and the experiences of many on here are very interesting, some disturbingly interesting. In real life though considering the things she will have to deal with in the "physical" real life, she has enough on her plate without being (I'm not saying you are), the kind of kooky parent I see on that show about kids who are phychic. I'm sure you are well aware of the challenges awaiting a young woman in todays society without being labeled a freak in any other way. If she really has certain gifts she will learn their extent and how to deal with them along the way. I'd also check the history of the property this is taking place on too. It could turn out to have a good story behind it. If it does, let us know.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
I've a similar situation with my own son who is very spiritually receptive and does get scared from time to time. I think it's best not to watch those tv shows about ghost as I think it only makes them more freight'n.Just before christmas my son was in our lounge room resting he heard something whiz down the hallway and crash into the wall. The christmas tree on the other side fell over, I know it was a spirit that did it, [not purposely]. I had no intention to start talking about hauntings or demons that only makes it worse, My point is they pick up on our own curiosity and thoughts so best you probably suggest its not real or that its friendly, Thank you for your story

Aussiedaz
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
the house may be new but how about the land? There's lots of history that no one knows about... Who knows what happened on that property before the house was built...
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
concernedmom: Your concern is certainly understandable, but let's just say for instance that watching these shows has made her more aware that what she's been seeing is NOT her imagination and that there are other children in this world who are just like her and now, she doesn't have to feel alone or like no one will believe her. She may be feeling like now is a good time, I can come out with this and tell my mother what's been going on with me. This may be a huge burden lifted off of her shoulders. Who know's how long she's been seeing these things and walking around with it inside, afraid to tell anyone. Things like this is not easy for an adult to tell, but just think when you're a child. I can certainly relate to her in a big way. I hope you will talk to her and find out some things about the people she see's, their names and find out if they talk to her, what they talk about and maybe it will help her and help you to validate it.

I would like to touch on the fact that you say your family are the first to live in this house and no one else has lived there, so you feel as though it can't be haunted. So many people feel the same way you do, but fail to realize that it does not matter how new your house is, or if you and your family are the very first ones to live there. IT CAN BE VERY HAUNTED! You must remember, when you have these houses built, they are being built on land that is hundreds of years old. Your house may not have been the first building on that property, there may have been many, many buildings there before yours came along. Anything could have happened on that piece of land, battles could have been fought there, and the list goes on and on. I think you get the picture. So we must stop with this, my house is new and freshly built and my family is the first one to live there thing because in the spirit world, that MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO THEM! They don't see your house, they still see things as they were when they were alive. They are on another dimension! I sure hope this helps you.
pangie28 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
i think that you should look into it... It maybe that these shows that she is watching are opening up her mind so that she is sensitive to spirits chances are that she always had the gift but was just never opened to it. And as for the house just becasue the house it's self was never there doesn't mean that there could be something on the land. I would recommend checking out the history of the land first and then go from there... But again I really do think that your daughter has a gift

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: