You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Church Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Church Ghost

 

My mom was a Girl Scout leader of the troop I was in. When I was about 10 or some age like that, we decided to move our original meeting place to the church we went to. We moved into a room upstairs in the "New" part of the building, the new part of the building was added on some years ago, making it have a load of new rooms like a school. We were on the second floor of the building, next to the nursery and the Sunday school rooms.

Since my mom was the leader, she and I would lock the church up at night. I would sometimes run an errand for her downstairs to the church kitchen to get our stuff before we left, and I would feel real uneasy. I thought to myself I shouldn't feel uneasy, it's the house of my Lord, what was my problem? Another room I didn't like going to was the boiler room, where all the cleaning supplies were. I would always get these random thoughts of an old man with a gray wirey beard and overalls on. He looked angry and certainly didn't want us in his room.

A couple of years later, we moved our room down in the half-basement, under the sanctuary of the church. This is where all the fun starts. The new room was huge and echoey. The room itself didn't have any windows, but the small rooms surrounding it did. One night my mom, my best friend, her mother, and I were locking up the church. We were standing out in front of the church talking when my best friend's mother (also my God Mother) noticed a light on in of the rooms attached to our room. We never go in those rooms. We all went back in the church to turned it off, came back outside and this time, we all saw the light come on. We reluctantly went back in the church and to our room to turn it off. I saw in my head or "mind's eye" me dropping my folder I had in my hands and my best friend and I running down the hall way. Well... We got to our room and mom was walking back from turning off the light, the light flipped on again, and a door slammed real hard making the echo super loud. As I saw in my head, I dropped my folder and ran. My best friend was running ahead of me, we ran through a corridor and one of the doors swung closed and hit me on the arm, leaving a horrible bruise. It hurt for weeks. My friend didn't remember closing or hitting the door that closed on me, so either she hit it and didn't remember, or something pushed it...hard.

The Church Ghost Part 2 will be coming soon.

Other hauntings by honey91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, honey91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
There's always ghosts in churches. People have died in churches during plagues, war and even purgatory. It's the way it's always been for years. So, I don't have a doubt that the ghost is evil, but priest's knows to get rid of one, is that simple!
zmyers23 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
Your ghost seems much more violent! Mine never once attacked anyone that I know of.
zmyers23 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
I also met a ghost in a church! I have posted a story. Phantom of the Church.
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Aussiedaz =I believe I'm handeling it well I guess... But just some things confuse me. Ill get random flashes of people, places, or objects on my head and I have no idea what it is. They are just flashes... Unlike my other visons, they don't make me dizy or anything, and it will happen when I'm least expecting it. I have called my grandma, she told me I'm seeing something obviously, I just have to put the peices together. 😕
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
honey91,be careful I know when I was about 20 things got a little hard to deal with, even though I thought my ability was under control, maybe you need to talk to your grandmother I'm sure she will give you sound advice, you made need to seek out a medium to better explain your gift.
Take care
God bless
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
That was the end of this story, we just went home and I went home with the wonderful souvenir on my arm. 😕

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

AUSSIEDAZ, visions are quite common now, its starting to weird me out...
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Good story honey91, being able to see your folder drop ahead of time, demonstrates your physic ability. "interesting"
dickron (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
My God! This is insane... Why does hard headed ghost dwell on Our Creators House? They are crazy! Bty, you did good by running fast... If I were there, probably I will faint. 😐
jennifer314 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
Great story. I would have ran just like you did. Can't wait for part two. 😊
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
I don't know why you didn't conclude it in this story. It was getting interesting! Same experience I felt when I go to my basement at midnight.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: