You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Church Ghost 4

Real Ghost Stories

The Church Ghost 4

 

It was another Girl Scout meeting on Monday night. We were talking about earning our silver awards and how we are going to achieve those goals. We were all sitting around the table writing in these little books my mom got for us. Nobody was talking so it was pretty quiet.

Clear as day, I heard an awful, low toned moan come from the room that connected our room, to the "Youth center" next door. It was a man's moan, sounded like he was in pain. When I heard the sound, immediately my skin was crawling, tingling, and the hair on my arms stood straight up. I looked up at my God mom, and she was looking at me. She mouthed "Did you hear that?" I nodded. That was when reality hit me. I wasn't hearing things, it was real. Nobody else heard it they all were looking down and writing. My God mom said out loud, did anyone hear anything? I looked up seeing that nobody shook their heads. The girls just looked confused, as if they didn't know what she was talking about. I still don't understand why only my God mother and I heard the moan. Since our room was so big and bear, the moan even echoed! And no one heard it!

After the meeting I saw my God mom and my mom were talking about the moan, and I told my friend. She said she didn't hear anything. I couldn't believe it. I STILL don't understand why only my God mother and I heard it... It even echoed! It's so bizarre...

Other hauntings by honey91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, honey91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
I might change my name from aussiedaz to d/a parrot, you took the words out of my mouth I agree totally with your comment, good story again honey and I'm glad your god mum shared this experience with you 😁
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
That is a very interesting thought... Wow. I have never thought about that before really. Now I have something to ponder. Thanks for the coment! 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
This story makes me wonder if part of the reason some people are "sensitive" and others are not is because of an issue with the perception of brain waves. I wonder if there is some sort of frequency that certain "sensitive" people can hear which others cannot. This also explains the "watched" feeling and the ability to sense presences... Perhaps it's a completely different section of the brain that not everyone is capable of using?

Anyway, thank you for sharing your story! That sure would have creeped me out too!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: