You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Dead Friend Farewell

Real Ghost Stories

My Dead Friend Farewell

 

This story always brings me to tears, but I would like to share it anyways. It's about my friend who died the day after her high school graduation June 6th of 2005 (RIP). It's something I will never forget and every little detail I still remember because of one thing I regret.

Back in 2005, a week before my friend passed away I remembered going to the corner store (Little Peach). I was with my second sister and I think we went to get milk for my niece and I bumped into my friend Alexis (my friend who passed). She came up to me and said, "Hey, what are you doing? I just moved two streets from you come and visit me sometimes, I just sponged my wall". I replied, "of course you fool". Our conversation didn't last long; she was with her boyfriend so we ended it there and told each other to hang out over the summer.

June 5th is graduation day for Seniors. I didn't go because I knew it would be crowded (our school is small, about only 400 students). So that passed and the next day around 6 pm I got a phone call from my best friend, she was bawling her eyes out on the phone. I asked her what's wrong she said that Alexis committed suicide or tried too and she is in the hospital. I didn't think much and thought she was fine since she said she was in the hospital (thinking she is taking care of). The next day at school I walked in and everyone was crying and I was thinking to myself no this can't be, then people started to come up to me and hug me.

A week past, I went to her memorial with all my other friends and it was just a mess. I went to bed that night, I had a dream about Alexis, and we were at a party with all of our friends. I remember she was wearing a black hoody sweater and she was about 3 feet away from me and she floated backwards while I was walking towards her, reaching out for her. When she was moving back she waved bye bye to me and I could feel my tears falling on the side asking her where she is going.

When I woke up, my eyes were crusty from the tears. I didn't want to tell anyone about my dream, but 2 days after that one of my friend and I went to Alexis house to visit her mother. When we got there we just talked about Alexis and her mom told us what happened. We don't know if it was sucuide or not. We decided to go through old pictures of her and while I was going through her picture I saw one pick that just surprised me. She was at the beach on top of a wall, tilted head, smiling and she was wearing the same black hoody sweater that I saw in my dream. I looked at it for awhile and her mother gave me that picture. I went home and started to cry, because, I now know she came into my dreams to say her last farewell.

From then on, every day I thought to myself why didn't I go visit her when I had the chance too. I regretted so much. I would never guess that my last time to see her was at a corner store and her last words to me is "come visit me sometime".

Other hauntings by Panda06

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Panda06, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Everyone kicks themselves for missed opportunities. I lost a bro in Iraq and it messed me up bad. Sadly I never really got my chance to say goodbye. I still try to visit him every year (this one being the exception and I feel horrible about it). But alas, the last thing he and I had talked about was what we were going to do after work. Don't regret the time you missed, cherish the time you had.
Panda06 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
Hey thanks for reading my story. Moonshadow, I know life moves on, but I do still regret it and I will regret it for the rest of my life. Gyoza sorry to hear about your sister 😢. The thing is, that was the only time my friend ever came to me was that one time in my dream. Every since then, I haven't dreamt of her so I know she must have gone to a better place.
gyoza1216 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
My older sister killed herself in February of '09. Every now and then I have a dream about her. I think she's visiting me in my dreams to let me know she's ok and she's no longer in any pain. One morning, as I was just waking up, I saw her in my room for a split second before she vanished. Your friend knows how much you love her. She's watching out for you. ❤
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
Hi Panda06
lovley story very sad don't let yourself feel guilty because you dident go into visit her we all do things in life we regret but we can't hold on to it forever we must move on.
Your friend definetley came to you in your dream to say goodbye and that also means that she will allways be there for you looking after you sometimes you might feel her presence she is definatley at peace now and in a happy place...
physicemotions (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
That's really sad And really cool that your friend came to say good bye to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: