You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lady In The Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

Lady In The Bathroom

 

My story begins when I was 3 or 4 years old. I remember waking up in the middle of the night having to go to the bathroom. I got out of bed and turned on my bedroom light, followed by the hallway light and every light I could find to the bathroom. (I was scared of the dark). Once I got there and sat down, closed the door I was met with an elderly lady standing there, she looked friendly enough and started a conversation with me. I remember the safe feeling she made me feel.

Ever since that night we spoke everyday, she would ask me all about how my day at school was and if I made any new friends. This went on for a couple of months until one day my mother walked past the bathroom and heard me talking to someone.

Once I came out she asked me who I was talking to. I told her all about the sweet old lady behind the door, to which my mother described what she was wearing etc. After my mum asked me about her I never saw her again.

I found out a while later, once I was older, that my brother had also seen her but never spoke to her. Since then I have moved out of the house and have never seen this sweet lady again.

Just goes to show that not all ghost or beings are evil. This was a weird experience but one that I will never forget.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Too_Scared_To_Sleep, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitehorsesxx (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
what sort of things did you talk about? I am very intrigued by this! Amy, 12 ❤
darkQueen (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
aww so sweet that's too bad that you never saw her again 😢 if she did that to me I woud freak out man lol 😲
Too_Scared_To_Sleep (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
I didn't get a chance to check out the history of house. I was only little and after that we moved to a bigger house. I think I would freak out if I saw her again though... But I really do hope that she is still watching over me:)
x-cupcakes_rawr-x (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
Well I'm glad you didn't meet a bad spirit! 😁 Anyway next time you go to the bathroom try to yell "Are you here?" if the spirit doesn't answer then she either is afraid to, or she doesn't want to. Well I most likely think that the spirit left the house. (She might still be there but there's a way bigger chance that she left when you told your mom about her.) And I am also wondering why she only appears behind the bathroom door.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
Your story is really sweet. I like it. I agree that not all ghost can hurt you or do something bad at you. Have you ever checked the history of the house or the place maybe?
Too_Scared_To_Sleep (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-24)
It was just weird that I was so calm around her, she was really sweet. I didn't think it was weird that she only appeared behind the bathroom door... 😕
winwin (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
I believe, They also like us and also a human last time before they die. After they die we will call it spirits or ghost, They also got good and bad. You are lucky can met a friendy ghost in your house. But you also much careful is not every ghost are friendy.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
This is a great story! It's nice to hear about encounters with friendly ghosts. Thank you for sharing this with us. 😊
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
LOL at MsAngelsndemons - I would probably have been freaked out -- and her casual conversation as well. I guess that goes to show you that young children are more receptive to ghosts and things of that nature.
MsAngelsndemons (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-23)
😁 This was a sweet story. But I tell you if I ever seen that lady in my bathroom I would scream and faint right there in the bathroom. 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: