You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: She Said I Love You After

Real Ghost Stories

She Said I Love You After

 

I was in an apartment I was living in Portland me. I don't live there anymore. It was March, it was cold in the apartment, but that wasn't unusual, landlord there kept the heat as low as legally possible. It was Monday night like people say. Really it was technically Saint Patrick's Day, like between 2-3 am, I was smoking a cigarette and feeling like I wish I could sleep. Then I heard it... I Love You in a woman's voice, why would I think it was a family member at that point? Or even some one passed on or stuck what ever; I got scared and asked God to not let me hear it again even though it was nice. Just because I don't want to be a medium and break my religion, on weds, I was heading to my gamma's house because Aunt Bridget died on St. Patrick's Day. And after many months until the family knew for sure she died on St. Patty's day for sure, I held in my heart that I was important to her for while she was still on this earth she went all the way from mass to tell me she loves me before she went to heaven. Bridget was only a ghost for a moment but she told me the most important thing. See Aunt Bridget lived a sad life of drugs and drinking, and when you get old it doesn't get anymore fun, it can be embarrassing and hurt your pride. I never knew why my aunt my godmother never spent the time she promised with me. But I know all she wanted was to tell me she loves me, so I can grieve and heal.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, photophobic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

coolkatg (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
I'm sorry for your loss. It is very nice that she said "I love you" after. That showed that even though she didn't spend much time with you, and through most of her drugs and drinking habits, she still cares. And I'm no medium or physic, but I can feel her hurt. As if, she wants to tell everybody how she feels, but she hurts very much. Even through the drugs and drinking, She found time to feel sadness and pain. Did she have deppression issues? Anyways, I find it a rather sad story, sad yet good and the same time. Take care, and rest in peace to your Aunt Bridget.

Kat ❤
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-03)
I'm sorry for your loss and I agree with you more then I can say. I don't want to see them feel them I can't hear them but I hear whispers if there's not a tv on a little. I know I'm not alone and its bad enough being watched. Since I am a christian I thought they would just simply pass on to the Light or whatever good portal that takes em to heaven. I'm no bigwig on religion but I know one thing. I need to start praying everyday.~Katherine~ ❤
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Lucky for me my grammar and writing skills are also rather poor I followed it with ease, it was a nice story. I can understand you not wanting to be medium because of all the negative associations however as you know from your own story it is not all bad. The main reason religions frown on it is it can be dangerous, misleading, and misused. I come from a strict Lutheran family. My great Grandma knew as soon as any family member died long before the news had time to travel. I also had great uncle who was very accurate when dowsing for water. I myself have many encounters with spirits and, none of that has ever effected my families faith in or relationship with God. If anything I would say it helped strengthen it. It's clear proof there is more to this world then is seen. I'm sorry for your loss I hope her message to you helps bring you peace. If you start having more encounters with spirits because they can be misleading it is always good to remember in the bible it says you will know them by their fruits.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Sorry, but I had a really hard time following this because of the grammar...I'm not even really sure what to make of this situation.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: