You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: People In The Dark, Please Help

Real Ghost Stories

People In The Dark, Please Help

 

My friend is in need of help with an issue of her that she has been experiencing for a full month now and I figured someone here could help. She sees people when all is dark in the middle of the night.

This started about a month ago when she was out. She was having a bad day and needed to clear her head so she went on a walk at around midnight. She came to her local park which isn't to terribly far away when she saw something in the bushes. She crept closer to investigate and as she did something jumped out at her. She doesn't remember much after that incident but ever sense she has told me that every night when she shuts down for the night and turns the TV off to go to bed she starts to see people.

Now the thing is I thought she might just be having a trick of the eyes like on the fringe of her vision or seeing something like shadow people but she says she can see them clearly as she can see me. The people she sees don't harm her in any way but they frighten her to no end. She has slept with the TV on for a month now so the light never goes out. The people she sees are the same from what I have gathered they also come in two forms one just as people, the other they are the same just wielding axes. They also approach her but as they do she closes her eyes and tries to imagine they aren't there.

I don't know what to tell her. She is truly afraid of these people she sees and I figured someone here could help me help her either by explaining what she is seeing or explaining a way to rid her of these frequent night time visitors. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lost_Wanderer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

leenieweenie (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
Hello,
I am only 14 years but I am so scared for your friend ❤ I really suggest that your friend goes to a priest, even if she is not a christian, to be blesed with holy water ❤ I am sooo sorry and I hope this helps! 😊
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Lost_Wanderer - It's not really true that crazy people don't know that they're crazy. Sociopaths, while classified as one of the "crazy" types in the world, know that something is not right with them, that they are not like the rest of society. Schitzophernics know that they are different, because no one can hear the voices that they hear, or they assume everyone is lying about said voices. Some crazy people know that they are crazy.

I say take her to a doctor to get her examined, just in case. L Rule out the normal before you assume it is indeed paranormal. There is no harm in it. She could be playing you, because she knows you're gulliable, and that you trust her. I've been in that boat with friends before, and I was lied to about stuff worse than a couple ghosts. Like I said, rule out the normal first.

If she comes back as normal from the doctor, then go investigate the place where she says she was walking. If she says she can't remember, or doesn't want to, and tries to avoid the topic, she may realize that you're on to her lie, and she may confess. If she takes you there and nothing happens, well, let us know if she still sees these axe-weilding lunatics.

Penny ❤
Christian_Love (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Hi there,
First I would like to say I'm sorry your friend is so scared. Everyone who has posted comments to you have had great points. I'm 24 now and I started seeing, hearing and communicating with things when I was twelve. It just started happening one day. I didn't really have anything happen to me like to your friend with the bushes, but I know that anything traumtic or even kind of mind changing can trigger it, if she has this ability... Which to me it sounds like she does. Like KK said above, spirits are attracted to people who can see them, and it makes them think she can help.
I just want to let you know however, of course I was scared when it started happening to me, because it's like someone you have never met just coming in your room with you, but now that I am 24 and been dealing with this everyday for years I know that if you get a bad feeling, like fear, sadness, or loss it's not a good sign.
My advice is this...PRAY. Pray to God for His help, He will help. Secondly tell your friend to say OUTLOUD to these people when she sees them this,
"Please leave, you are not welcome here and you need to leave." Tell her she needs to be very strong when saying this, very stern... Like if she was teaching someone how to yell in Karate. You have to really mean it, and be very stern.
Please e-mail me if you need anything or just to ask something or talk. I feel for your friend because I've been there, and it's not a fun place to be.
Im at Volcomway69 [at] yahoo.com
Take care, and I noticed you posted this last month, so I hope things have changed.
Good luck =)
Lost_Wanderer (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Thanks a lot for the help, she doesn't exactly believe in this she just thinks she's crazy and just presses on with it, the thing is crazy people don't know they are crazy so I know it can't be that. I'll be seeing her soon though and I'll try with some of the suggestions you all have given me. Thank you so much for the help and support. I'm the religious type but every night I have been praying for her and it seems to help the nights I do. I'll keep you updated once I visit next week. Thank you again.
Gun_Gun_Trio (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
Several people have brought up an interesting point. When your friend investigated the bush she passed out. The dead people that she's seeing could be her way of processing what happened that night.

Is it always the same people that she's seeing each night? Maybe they're all dressed in a certain way or have the same colored eyes. The reason I say all this is maybe it's neither paranormal or insanity. The brain is a mysterious thing and sometimes it does things that we just can't comprehend. For example the ghosts with the ax, the ax could be symbolizing something instead of being a literal object.

The thing with this is it could just be a coping mechanism for the brain and that's going to be the difficult part figuring out. I would suggest the two of you try to retrace her steps from that night and see if anything is triggered. BE SAFE ABOUT IT! Normally I would say do in the day time but if it's mental then she may recognize something that might only be there at night time. Let others know where you're at and what you're doing if you investigate this.

Please keep us updated on anything and everything. We'll do everything we can to help.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-11)
sounds similar to my situation except I can't see them that well only like dark figures. I say stay positive, pray, talk to a priest if it gets really bad, I'm twelve and I'm dealing with seeing things as well. Its terrifying, I know but just pray to God for protection. I send blessings and the best of luck~Katherine~ ❤
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Hi;

That sounds demonic. Three is the calling card of the Devil, as it mocks the Holy Trinity. I also note the fear and chaos; tell tale. I strongly recommend Catholic Holy water usage, especially at night. If Catholic, the Rosary and Mass, confession, Eucharist helps a lot.

Demons are experts at psycholigical warfare, and normally manifest at night. Good luck and email me if you need more, which you may. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
sinner (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Your friend sounds like she needs a St. Benedict Medal.

The following is a partial list of the many pious purposes of the Medal of St. Benedict:

1. It wards off from both the soul and body all dangers arising from the devil.
2. The Medal is powerful in obtaining for sinners the grace of conversion.
3. It obtains protection and aid for persons tormented by the evil spirit, and in temptations against holy purity.
4. It procures assistance in the hour of death.
5. It has often proved an efficacious remedy for bodily sufferings, and a means of protection against contagious diseases.
6. Expectant mothers have obtained special assistance for a safe delivery.
7. In time of storms, tempests and other dangers on land and sea it has been found to be a protection.
8. Even domestic animals have been visibly aided by it when infected with disease.
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Hey! For those who are asking about why did she check out the bushes? I think it is beacause shes having a bad day... When you are angry or sad, and you hear something on the bushes, I think you would also check it out or maybe shes check it out of curiosity or shes not thinking cleary that she check it out... 😊 anyway... About those ghost or whatever they are? She said that they carrying an axe right? What do they wear?

-Ayasegawa 13th protection squad
KK (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Ok well its like this, they are attracted to people who can see them, it's like your dead then you find someone who can see you, who you can keep contact with, you'd always want to be around them another living person who can see you, sadly the one your friend happened to see first was an evil spirit which mostly come out int he dead of night which is what is haunting her since it know she sees them, she should steak a minister any religion that's fine with her would do, also have her take a sleeping pill an effective one she may wake up late but she would be to tired to channel them and would be to busy sleeping to notice them with that and the help f a minister she will over come. God help her please.
JazzRaym (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
all what's happening to her is true. I aslo saw a lot of peoples at night in my home. Especially when I was alone.

Although I don't have religion, I know a muslim guy that's very good at excluding ghosts from houses (when I say very I mean it by heart). He'll first ask you to be a muslim if he sees that the ghost won't go or leave you.

He'll also take some water or a water bottle and put it close to his mouth, reciting something from their holybook. Then he'll say some things to their god'ALLAH' and start reciting again somethings from their holybook while spreading the water on the whole house.

All the ghosts went.

This amazing way he's doing his job and hearing what he's reciting from their book, is really making some changes in my heart, and others ' heart. SO if 'YOU WANT' to ask your friend about visiting a muslim who knows and can explain her about islam and what's happening to her. Please do it as fast as you can. So that your friend will live hapilly and will enjoy her time once again with you and others.

-jazzraym
Bloodmoondream (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
That is nothing to worry about. Shes probably a medium or psychic. Apparently, spirits are attracted to her because of these reasons. If they are ghost or not I don't know, but to me it sounds truly paranormal. I can give you a mother load of info if you contact me at:
Legends101 [at] hotmail.co.uk

This goes for all YourGhostStories readers.
I am educated in all aspects of the paranormal and I can help.

Sincerely, The Blood Moon Dream
Trudy44 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
Dear Lost Wanderer,

Tell your friend to pray to God for protection. Tell her to ask God to put a hedge of protection around her. Also it might be a good idea if she puts on the armor of God. You will find the armor of God in the book of Ephesians chapter 6 verses 10-18. The book of Ephesians is in the New Testament of the Bible. I hope this helps. ❤ 😊 ❤
shinigamivixen (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
Oh dear... Just to clarify I don't think your friend is crazy I believe her and its either one she has a freakingly sensitive not to mention strong third eye or as many would have said "Gift" (Though in my case I'm leaning more to curse rather than gift but hey everyone has their comments) Or two she did something that made her a magnet for the wondering spirits. Though maybe what happened to her may have opened it but I don't think its possible...

Has she ever had any other experiences before this happened?
MARINExSNIPA (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
She could gave paranoia or pareidolia, both have to do something with the mind, But I believe you.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
I have to agree... The story that she told you sounds a bit full of holes. When she woke up from being unconscious, was she still in the park? Did she have any injuries? Was there anyone around? If I heard something in the bushes in a park at night, I sure as hell wouldn't be checking it out. I'd be hightailing it out of there. I don't know about where you live but here, parks are night havens for drug dealers, homeless, and all sorts of very human, very living spookies.

It does sound like something happened that her mind doesn't want to remember, and so it's creating a distraction for her.
Lost_Wanderer (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Thanks for the help so far, the thing is she could be having mental issues to but I highly doubt it. People who are crazy don't know they are crazy and she knows these are real. I'm certain it has something to do with that night because that's what started it all. I'll be staying with her soon. Thanks for the help
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
This sure is not a cool situation... I will pray for her.

Let's all wait how the elders of this site see the situation.I'm interested on their opinion on this one.

--x10--
Thumpersgirl (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
I'm sure there has to be someone else thinking this too: could something have happened to her that night & this is her mind's way of coping with it? Has she tried whatever form of prayer her religion calls for in this situation (assuming she has a religion)? Has she tried EVP? I will be praying for your friend. Thank you for caring enough to want to & to actually try to help her. You're a good friend.
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
It sounds to me Like your friend is paranoid,, or grabbing for attention, I have had many experiences with the paranormal, and what you describe is like nothing I have ever seen or heard of. I could be wrong though, I have been before.
reneespring (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
I'm sorry to say this, but she might be having a mental breakdown.
And there is something weird about this story-she is out at midnight and hears the bushes move, she should've gotten away from there instead of peering closer... That was possibly dangerous!
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
Maybe first you could sleep over at her house to see if you could see anything too, if she says she sees them at a certain time and tells you to look, LOOK! Maybe it's a ghost of maybe she has ESP (I think)
CalistasGhost (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
She was born with a gift like me. Clearing of the mind makes seeing them easier. If she doesn't want the gift anymore tell her to allways think about anything other than ghost, spirits and orbs,ex.it will go away. I recomend her keeping her gift because she could help many ghost. If she can tell her to tell the ghost she sees to go through the light. I know its stupid but it sometimes works.
Good luck! 😊
guy48 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
What I would do is thatshe do 1 of two suggestions I have. You either spend the night at her house to keep her company or have her spend the night at your house for a while. After that have her sleep by herself and see if anything happens. Or you just have the house blessed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: