You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Girl Spirit Loves My Dogie

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl Spirit Loves My Dogie

 

First off I would like to say that I have had MANY ghostly experiences and I am a very open minded person. I am also a Christian and believe in heaven and hell. I have also had many demonic experiences too.

I live around the area people call "Gold Country" because it's where people first discovered gold in America (Coloma, CA) and also I am about 25 minutes away from a historic place people call "Hang Town" (Placerville, CA). Placerville is famous for its hotel (among many things) - The Carry House Hotel which I have heard MANY ghost stories and I found online that it is like the 6th most haunted hotels in CA... So basically I live in a very historic county with lots of old buildings and lots of ghost sightings. I am also very tuned into the supernatural. I can feel when there is a spirit or demon present. It's odd because I will go into a REALLY old building (like that hotel) and I just get a strange feeling that I am not alone and something is watching me. I also will just know things without being told. For example, I went into this really old historic house in my town and right when you walk in there is a big staircase in front of you. I stood there and just new someone had died in the exact spot I was standing. I could just feel it and knew there was something still there (like a ghost or something). I went and talked to the women at the front desk (at this time the house was used as a little store) and asked her a little bit about the history of the house. She explained to me that in 1809 the wife of the man who owned/built the house was pregnant with their 1st child and she fell down those stairs and it killed her and the baby. She then told me that her rocking chair over in the corner of the room sometimes rocks on its own and things will also move by themselves. She also told me she hears a women singing coming from upstairs often. That really freaked me out because I was right... I kept asking myself HOW DID I KNOW THAT? It didn't logically make sense... That was when I first figured out I am a little different...

The first time I ever saw a ghost/spirit was when I was 16 (I am now 20). I was home alone and I was in the kitchen making myself lunch. In my kitchen there is a big window that overlooks the front porch and I could see my big doggie watching me from outside the window. She was just sitting there watching me make lunch. I picked up the phone and called a friend. We had been talking for about 10 minutes and I went to eat in the living room. I realized I had forgotten my drink and walked past the front window where my dog was still sitting watching me and then it happened... I glanced at my dog and outside was a little girl. She was standing there with her hand on my dogs head watching me through the window. She looked about 3 or 4 years old with long dark brown hair and she was wearing a white lacy dress or night gown (I did some research and it looks like her dress was probably from the mid-1800's but I'm not 100% sure). It scared me so bad I dropped the phone (while my friend was still on) and I had looked down really fast to see I dropped the phone and when I looked back up she was gone. My heart was beating so fast I had to sit down (when I dropped the phone it hung up on my friend). I looked at my dog and she was still sitting there and had her tongue hanging out with a big smile. I have always wondered if she knew a little girl spirit was petting her (if anyone knows about animals with the paranormal please leave a comment and share). I was not sure if the girl lived on our property a LONG time ago since our house was only about 8 years old or maybe she was just paying a visit because she liked my dog ha-ha. I just wasn't sure and still wonder if she still hangs out on my property at all...

I told my mom and she didn't believe me, which didn't surprise me because she only believes in heaven and hell, no in between then she told me it was probably a demon. I told her I have seen demons before and this was not a demon. But she still believes it was a demon. When I told my dad he believed me and he wishes he could see her to. He said "well when I mow the yard or am just working outside I'll keep an eye open for her." But I figure these things happen when least expected. He understands though because he has his own ghost stories as well. I still wish I could see her again (now that I am not afraid of the paranormal and am more open to these things) and learn more about her; like her name or what era she is from.

If you have any questions or comments please share! Thanks for reading one of many of my stories.

Other hauntings by Jeanine_dv

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jeanine_dv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Thanks guys for all your comments! This year (2011) my doggie got sick and passed away 😭.
I recently saw the ghost of my dog! I didn't even know animals can be ghosts! I am going to post another story about that very soon!
Thank you for all your comments!
scaredcharmaine (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
sounds relly scary hope you did not get that big of a fright well some times I would be petting my dog and for some reson she would look at some thing for 10 to 20 minutes it relly quit strange isn't it 😲 ❤ god bless
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
iluvanimals how can you say you don't believe in ghosts when you have submited several storys about your experiences with them, are you saying they are all demons even mary
Iluvanimals8 (4 stories) (41 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Well, I know ALOT about animals, espicially dogs. I have two explainations. I do not want to afend you, but it could be a little girl that had wanderd into your yard, or it could be a demon. You see, I do not believe in ghosts but I do believe in demons.
It could of been a demon pretending to be a ghost girl. But yes, animals can have relationships with demons.
your helper,
God's Daughter ❤
MariMariQuiteContrary (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Animals can see spirits, not just dogs, but Cats and Birds too. (I have all three). My birds like, my bird Timmy, he says "Hello." When ever someone walks into the kitchen, and at 'random' times he'll say hello when no one is in there. My cat, Schooner, will be sitting on my bed and she'll lay down and start purring and doing that kneeding thing cats do. So animals are hyper-aware of the presence of spirits, even we are not.
JazzRaym (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
dogs are very sensitive to demons,spirits,because they are the only animals that can see them. If they see something (which we can't see, because its a supernatural thing) which isn't comfortable,they'll start growling and barking, but regarding the little girl, you talked about... I can understand that you're dog was quiet which means the girl isn't a demon and she's a sweet spirit 😁 ❤
MARINExSNIPA (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
I've watched tv shows about the paranormal, read books, and asked my friend questions because his cousin is a paranormalist. He said dogs and cats can sense paranormal entities. My question to you is: What feature of the little girl caused you to get startled? Or she just startled you because she suddenly appeared?

Thanks for sharing
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
The girl was no doubt either passing through or attached to the land your house is on, animals are very in tune with the paranormal especially cats and dogs I believe. Sounds like your neighbourhood has a lot of interesting history.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
If anything I think the little girl would be from Heaven. Maybe a little girl lived there a long time ago: she could be kind or maybe even had a dog of her own. If she did have a dog it would make a lot of sense why she would appear next to your dog.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Animals have a very keen sense for the paranormal. It is a possibility that the little girl stopped by just to play with the dog, as spirits have an affinity for animals as well. My lab has made friends with a ghost, so this story seems pretty normal to me 😆.
Blessings ❤
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Hi Jeanine,

I think your dog knew the girl was there and probably the little girl just saw your dog and wanted to pet him:)
Lovely story, thanks for sharing it!
Cheers,

Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: