You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Cousin's House

Real Ghost Stories

My Cousin's House

 

My story is about the time my cousin and her family moved to this very big house some where in Quezon City, Philippines. This house was so big that it had 3 floors, 5 bedrooms, and 6 bathrooms. Plus a maid's quarter at the back. Anyways, a few weeks after the move, weird things have been going on in that house.

One time, my cousin and I were left in the house alone while her parents where out for dinner. It was 9:30PM and her parents were not yet home. We were just watching TV with the lights off and the fan facing towards us. A few minutes later, she told me she was hungry. We went together to the kitchen. After we got some food, while we were going back to the kitchen, we suddenly heard someone say "mom". We both asked each other did you say or ear anything. Of course, we would both say no. So, we didn't mind the fact that we might have heard "something" thinking that one of us is his/her mother.

When we got back to the living room, we decided to watch a movie. In the middle of the movie, as we both grabbed for the cold pizza (that we got from the kitchen earlier) we again heard someone or "something" say "mom" again. But this times in a clear little girl voice. We both screamed in horror when we both turned to the wall and see a shadow of a girl. We both told our parents and they said "there is no such thing as ghosts." (No such thing! Then what was that!)

The next morning, we woke-up on the couch and wondered if my cousin's parents were there. We both got up and went to the master's bedroom in the 3rd floor. We saw them still fast asleep. We went back down stairs and decided to take a shower. My cousin took a bath at her bathroom inside her room and I took a bath at the bathroom in the guest room. I was dressed and got ready to go out of the bathroom when the lights suddenly turned off. The good thing was, it was daylight and there was a small rectangular window above the mirror. I was thinking that it was only a power failure or something.

I got out of the bathroom and I heard the TV in the living room. I saw my cousin sitting on the couch and I asked if there was a brown out a while ago. She said no. I freaked and told her what happened. She said maybe the lights got broken. I agreed with her and still thinking positive. So, we both decided to go outside and ask people about the house, because of our curiosity on what happened that night. We started to ask in the small store three blocks away from there house.

The store owner said that, the house got caught on fire in the late 90's. The fire started because of a candle. The daughter of the owner was left in that house alone with the maid, while the parents were out for work. The maid survived, but sadly the little girl didn't. The house was renovated in 1995 by a new owner. The owner who renovated the house left and moved because of super natural experiences. The store owner said that the girl is still in that house waiting for her parents until this day.

After we heard that story, we told my cousin's parents and they said that we shouldn't bother it and forget about it. But just to tell you, the store owner happens to be the maid in that story of the house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cami123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scarwarsnow (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-26)
Creepy stuff... Hope it rests in peace, I am thankful to god that I don't get such experiences 😨
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
I don't think the girl will listen if you tell her to crossover without her parents 😐 anyway nice story sister:P saan ba sa q.c yan?

-AYA ❤ YOITE
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-23)
Or perhaps you can find out where the parents are, and implore them to come back and speak to their little girl to have her rest.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Oh & the nanny is the store owner who told you this? Uh? I don't know about anyone else but I'm having a hard time with this one. Sorry. I tried to believe it, but I just can't 😢 Please don't get angry, I could be wrong...But?
~LSD~
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
It caught fire in the late '90's but it was renovated in 1995? Oh. That's...sad. Has anything else happened? Did anyone else confirm the story the store clerk/owner/whatever told you girls? Keep us posted & thanks for sharing. Bless you & yours. MCL.
~LSD~
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Oh, that poor dear. You could try talking to her, and telling her that her parents are not there anymore, and that she should go to the light, but he doesn't seem to be a harmful sort of ghost/spirit. Just sad and confused. 😢

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: