You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Feeling Of Being Watched

Real Ghost Stories

Feeling Of Being Watched

 

Between the ages of 10 and 17 I lived in a house built in the 70's I believe. It was a small house with a lovely back yard. Often, during the night I would wake for no apparent reason and "feel" a presence in my room. There were no noises, or anything creepy like that, but I just felt as though I was being watched. Not only that but it felt mean and hostile. A few days later my mother told me that "something" had tried to pull the blankets off her during the night, and she had felt a tugging sensation on the blankets at the end of the bed, that really creeped me out.

I hated my bedroom so much because of this feeling I switched to our guest bedroom. But it got even worse. I had a bunk bed at the time, but the lower bunk had been removed (so basically it was just a high bed). About 7pm at night I was laying in bed reading, and all of a sudden I hear really harsh, shallow breathing coming from underneath my bed where the bottom bunk should be. I freaked out and jumped from the bed, crashed to the floor and bolted from the room. I cried and told my parents there was someone breathing in my room, but they told me it was just the pipes. The noise had stopped when they went to inspect it.

A few years later in that same room my best friend claimed she saw my computer chair slowly revolve on the spot, over and over again (even though there was no window open or anything like that) This was before I had even told her of the other things I had heard/felt. Lots of other little things happened over the 7 years I lived there.

For a while my little sister (who didn't understand things like this at the time, she was very young) refused to sleep in her bedroom, and refused to tell anyone why. It's only now she speaks about it (she's 17 now). She tells me she saw a little girl in her room a lot. And sometimes she would hear talking (even though everyone was asleep at the time)

Other than that I always heard floorboards creaking outside my bedroom door during the night. It's very hard to explain to people the feeling of being watched by something paranormal. I always felt tense, the air felt thick, and sometimes I was too scared to actually move in case something happened.

Do you think it was a spirit or just...pipes?

Other hauntings by rottenyouth

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rottenyouth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rottenyouth (4 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
thanks for your feedback guys.
Im in NSW australia, near sydney.
Im not religious in any way at all.
All of these things stopped once we moved house.

I don't know anything about the previous owners history. It was in a bit of a "dodgy" area though.

On many occasions I asked this "presence" to leave me alone. But it didn't work in my room.

My sister was able to sleep in her room after I went in there and told the presense in HER room to go away (at the time I didn't know shed been seeing a little girl)

So I'm assuming there was more than one spirit?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
Hi rottenyouth: It seems as though something was definitely residing in your home, did you know anything about previous owners and history of the house and land? The sound of somone breathing near you would have definitely freaked me out, can I ask where bouts in Australia this was? I live in Perth but love hearing about haunted homes etc in Aus.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
We all get the feeling of being watched at least once in our lives. Even if it's a hot blooded person looking at you. You can feel that persons spirit. We are all spirits. But the feeling of the looking being evil is so common. Sometimes it can be explained by high EMF readings in an area of a home. And then there's the explanation of a spirit that's hostile or a demon staring you down. You can tell "IT" to leave you alone. To go away. Claim your space, strong. Don't go all agro & cuss it out or use provocation. You will end up with a bigger problem. If you're a believer in Christ, than pray out loud when ever you feel it lurking & looking. If you need more help I'm here. I'm a Christian minister & help folks in need all the time & have many success stories. Hit me up, only if you feel you need to,

Butterflygreen08[at]aim.com

Keep us posted. Bless you & yours. MCL>

~LSD~
ridingtheinferno (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
there's nothing saying that it couldn't be a spirit or spirits... But with the house being built in the 70s and not with modern structure or building material, you could have experienced a "fear cage" where a room or even an entire floor can make you feel uneasy. It usually involves electro-magnetism, and gives you the feeling that you're being watched. As for the movement of the objects, there could be activity

-Aaron
gadget (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
That definitely sounds like a spirit--how could pipes make your computer chair revovle or tug on the blankets? I speak from my own experience with entities to say that the chances of all those occurences being contributed to the pipes in your house are very low. I believe that you and your sister are right in thinking that you have had dealings with the paranormal.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: