You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Paralyzed, Dragged & Whispering

Real Ghost Stories

Paralyzed, Dragged & Whispering

 

The latest experience freaked me out, but I'll mention the first one. I've always found an interest in spirits and ghosts, I wanted to do the Ouija board but my mum won't let me after her experiences with her friend and advice given from her church, so I'm off the idea for now.

Anyway my first paralyzed state happened two years ago, so I went to bed late, fell asleep. I woke up at 4am and realized I couldn't move and then I can't explain it I fell into a state of fear, that this thing was dragging me around my room in circles. I tried to free myself but it wouldn't let go. I tried to speak but nothing came out or just slurred words, nothing loud enough to wake the rest of my family, which I really wanted too. Around this time I was very aware of ghosts so I was very paranoid as I would go bed and hear deep breathing in my ears and bumps from the attic, I would put my face in my pillow and cover my ears but that didn't work. Anyway I'm used to it now; usually I put my iPod in to drown it out.

My second episode happened a few weeks ago, I went to bed, fell asleep, and awhile after I was aware I was fully awake and then I was like wrestling or pulling my sheets as something is pulling them off me, it had a very strong grip. I let go of my sheets, and I am then pulled off the bed, I try to shout and scream but I couldn't I was just totally speechless. Now this thing had me wrapped with my sheets, and then I suddenly hear it talking in my ear, I don't recognize the dialogue. It starts dragging me up onto my bed now, and it's as if it's sitting on my chest, pressing on my lungs. I turn my head to the clock its 3:30am, and then I feel sleepy again but still can feel it on me still pinning me to the bed.

I can't remember much after that, just that I see myself getting out of my room like an out of body experience, I see this played to me lots of times, but I haven't moved from the bed. This continues, me getting out running down the hallway to my parents room for help.

I'm eventually let go after all these playbacks in memory, I get up turn the light on next to my bed and see the clock it says 5am. My pyjamas are drenched with sweat and my bed is bare all my sheets are on the floor like they've been thrown off and my breathing very uneven. I look around my room, I start getting chills, this could from my damp clothes or the temperature of the room has just dropped.

The next morning I keep replaying it in my head I feel very drained and tried. And I hope it won't happen anytime soon, it was very scary. I don't know what it wanted or said in my ear, I don't really want to know. I asked my mum that if she heard anything in the night, she didn't.

It's a terrible feeling being paralyzed all over the body. I don't know what to make of it, it shouldn't the house as it isn't that old, and my brother's bedroom and mine are newly built extensions, so maybe the grounds? I don't to know if it was evil or not, it made shore I didn't get good night sleeps for ages.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, manxgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

manxgirl (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
yes JamesRobisoe I do live on the Isle of Man. It has many ghost legends and spirits around the island with interesting folklore. 😁

And to all comments thanks for your inputs!
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
manxgirl--Suonds to me like a really hard old-fashioned nightmare. The psyche works out some strange and wonderful matters during our sleep, and the turbulent struggle you describe is honestly not extremely uncommon.
And do you really live on the Isle of Man?
All the best.
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
I just want to know - why is it, that, the instant someone mentions sleep paralysis, the religious members hop all over their pages, screaming "DEMON! CALL A PRIEST!"? Sleep Paralysis is very normal, and actually quite common, and people halucinate, or have half-dreams while they are stuck in this state.

I would go get yourself checked out by a doctor, to make sure it's not. I'm certain there are tests that can be run to help you find out.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
It could simply be sleep paralysis, and once your body was able to move again you could have kicked the covers off yourself. I'm not saying I doubt you, I'm just saying consider all possibilities, including something mundane like a sleep disorder, before you scare yourself thinking it's a paranormal occurance. It may not be. If you can positively rule out a mundane cause, then you can try to determine the best way to deal with a paranormal cause.
Perhaps you could set up a voice or video recorder in your room. It could help to establish, one way or another, what is causing the restless nights.
SeventySeven (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-27)
You need to seek help from your church immediately. Do not converse or try to interact with the spirit, let's your priests and pastors deal with it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: