You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Paranormal Phenomema

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Phenomema

 

I've been trying to sleep at night, but when the room darkens and I hear someone in my room. No one is awake in the flat. I live with my daughter and my cats. The cats will not come into my room. When the room darkens I feel a presence of some kind. I close my eyes hoping it will go away, but whatever it is will not go.

I then feel as though someone is sat upon me pinning me down and pressing on me firmly. I can't move nor speak, but dare not open my eyes either. I have communicating in silence. I hear a muffled eerie type of voice that feels like it's coming to take my soul away. Eventually after what feels like ages but is approx 5mins I scream uncontrollably, frightening my daughter. This has been happening every night. In the morning I'm covered from time to time in bruises, which look as though I have been grabbed, but cannot explain them.

This is happening more and more to me, I feel the presence of two ghosts in my flat, one is a male child who plays in the hallway and the other is a wandering ethnic male man, who always is around me. I smell burning in my flat and the smell of lily of the valley and soap. I've smelt this also in my aunt's house when she lived in Milton Keynes.

I see auras depending on the place I am in and feel presences in other places too.

Could someone please explain to me why this is happening?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kezza14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

tigerlilyteys (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
demons let off a burning smell. Be careful. Best of luck for you and your daughter ❤
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
I'd like to add. I agree with James that it could be sleep paralysis but what puzzles me are the bruises you mentioned therefore making me think that a spirit could be hurting you. Well, just my opinion.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
Well, I have a question, you mentioned that you sense 2 ghost in your house/flat? Who's ghost is hurting you? The child or the man or both?
Have you checked the history of the house? Probably the old house was burned down and someone died there or it could be a residue of something.
God Bless.

California_Girl (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-05)
I'd have to say that first of all, the male man is attatched to you. And I do think there is something more than just two presences among you. Perhaps a demon. Demons can physically hurt you. Or perhaps you have a severe case of sleep peralysis. If you need further assistance or have further questions, email me.
Alyssabautista [at] yahoo.com
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Keeza--I'm inclined to agree that you're experiencing sleep paralysis episodes. They are usually characterized by terrorizing evil entities threatening the bejesus out of us. You'll find as many different descriptions of the situations as there are of us who have had them, which supports the images are self-formed as representions of the worst of our fears. You might be under the stress of some mighty (albeit private) fear.
Even awake fear grips our chests, but our awake mind is engaged, and it doesn't feel like the "being pinned down" that we experience. (Remember, in sleep our body tells our muscles to disengage; otherwise we'd be acting out all sorts of things and getting no sleep.)

However...
There's the increasing frequency (SP tends not to happen night after night after night) and there are the bruises. Have you anyone close enough to show them to (without the story) and ask they look like to her?

If your daughter is older, you might share some degree of what you're experiencing. If your daughter is young, you will naturally want to keep her safe. Take whatever measures you feel most comfortable with.

You have already tracked some clues--good on your initiative. If the bad stuff persists or increases, write down the time, date, and event. Keep a log! And please, you always have us posters to tell what's going on. Best of blessings in straightening this out.
~ James
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-01)
Sleep paralysis is what it could be. It is a scientific phenomemon, as well as Paranormal. You get the "visitor" experience with something pinning you down, you can't move or speak, and you feel like someone's trying to take your soul away. Very interesting, but I would say that it is an advanced version of Sleep paralysis.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: