You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Giggling Little Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Giggling Little Girl

 

I can remember this strange occurrence happening to me a long time ago, when I was only a five year old girl.

I was out for walk with my grandpa, whom I called Papa, in my old neighborhood. Where this neighborhood was, it was a lot different than others; it contained a lot of trees, making it seem like more of a forest than anything.

Along the nicely built, sturdy stone houses was a large yard with just a big block of grey foundation to a house that used to be located there. The homeowners and the local neighbors said that there used to be a house there, but they say that the owners of that old house had a birthday party for their kids one day, but something went wrong and the entire house was burned to ashes... Maybe some of the people didn't quite make it out on time either.

So my Papa and I decided to walk on up to the foundation in the empty yard, just to see that it was really spacious and lay flat out very well. I was standing there, and I started to feel a little chilled, like a quick breeze blew by my arm.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a small, white, translucent figure pass by me, and off of the foundation. I heard a giggle, and I realized that this figure had cropped dark hair with curls that hit the edge of its shoulders. It faded out of my sight quickly, and I said to my Papa with a shrill voice, "Did you see that?" He wasn't able to see or hear anything that I saw right then and there, but I knew it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me.

Can anyone tell me why I'm still able to remember something so short and insignificant like this moment?

Why did she giggle? And why was I able to see her so clearly?

Other hauntings by freddysgirl1984

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, freddysgirl1984, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

amandariot (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
Hey Freddysgirl, I think the reason why you could see this girl so clearly is because young children can see spirits. I think that most children who have imaginary friends are actually seeing spirits and thinking they are real, spirits that they're parents can not see, hense why they are called imaginary friends. As we get older, our brain doesn't have the room to keep those memories of seeing them so they usually get pushed aside. In your case, you remember seeing the spirit. She probably showed herself to you because she was possibly a similar age? That's just what I think but maybe I've been watching too much of the Ghost Whisperer hehe (: Really enjoyed reading all three of your stories, they were great 😊
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
Could have been a residual haunting its hard to tell unless you have more interaction with the apparition.
sandeescare (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
so basically, she was a child that perished in the fire.
Since she's a child, I guess that's why she giggled.
All child ghosts like to play games,
In my old house, there was one, it liked to play hide and seek with my belongings, and I had one of those big bouncy balls to do palaties on, and when watching tv it would move back and forth.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: