You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Bit Of A Bother

Real Ghost Stories

A Bit Of A Bother

 

I've returned again for yet another story on my infamous house ghost of mine! This occurred only around a week ago, so nothing is being exaggerated due to time's sake.

It's the favorite months of any teen: June, July, and August. I had just recently returned back from a twelve day trip to Japan, and frequent visiting sites were a many shrines scattered about multiple areas in the cities we stayed in. I'm still sensitive to spirit filled places, especially those that are centered around praying and strong traditions rooted in nature's finest superstitions.

After I came home and settled back into my cozy apartment, I noticed a rather muggy feeling in the air and a darker tone of light set to my room. I began to believe that I just hadn't been inside of my room for such a long while that it might have been me missing everything like the way it was when I left. I was able to sleep fine for the first few nights, and my days went undisturbed with no ill or saddening thoughts.

Then I had this sudden urge to reach out to my old spirit guide that I mentioned in previous stories by the name of Todd. During one particular evening as my mom headed out for her evening walk, I spoke in a softened voice to myself, eager to hear a reply back later that evening, along the lines of me wishing he was here with me again to comfort me and to watch over me while I slept, just so I could keep myself from having recurring and toss-worthy nightmares.

Staying up late at night like I usually do, I decided to chat up a friend on Skype for a while as we talked on and on about silly banter. Midway during our conversation, we were only typing back and forth so I wouldn't wake my mother up in the dead of night. I heard a low rumble of a voice in my headphones, not even from his background or from my own really. My friend was making no noise obviously as his cam was visible, so I decided I was just hearing things. Then I heard more clarity in the voice, saying something along the lines of, "Don't speak to him... You must be..." An odd electrical buzzing sound came through my headphones and freaked out my poor laptop and turned off my camera, so I wasn't the one visible to my friend. Then the call ended abruptly. I called my friend back a few minutes later, watching the puzzled looked on his face as he typed, "What happened?" I shrugged off this as a prank, and decided to say my goodbyes and to go straight to bed.

As I looked up wistfully at my ceiling with a sort of a blank and dry expression to my face, this annoying tapping came from the left side of my room, where my vanity and sink combo are located. Thinking it was the freon in the crappy AC unit, I turned my head into my pillow and closed my eyes. The tapping was much too rhythmic for the pops and pings of metal to make such a noise, and it echoed as something not so dense, such as fingernails. I shot up from my bed, and stared directly at the source. It stopped at the drop of a hat. I slowly set my head back into my pillow and turned the other direction. A few moments later, the tapping resumed at the wall I faced my head to. I whispered sternly and dryly, "Todd." It stopped without any further hesitation. I closed my eyes peacefully, until only another incident took place. He sat slightly off of the foot of my bed and made a loud clapping sound, causing me to wince.

Honestly, I believe that Todd is becoming more active without me using a spirit board anymore. Good or bad some ask? I see why there is nothing wrong here. I feel no instant hit of terror when he is in my room, nor do I become wide eyed when I feel him near me or at the noises he makes. But for a public question, why is he so attached to me still, even after four years have gone by?

Other hauntings by freddysgirl1984

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, freddysgirl1984, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

freddysgirl1984 (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-16)
Hi everyone. Now that I think about it, I was a bit silly, calling on something that I don't even know what it could be. I haven't been doing anything much more lately with the paranormal, so I suppose I've drifted away from it all. Thanks again for reading my encounters anyways!
infiltrating_sun (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
My first comment on your story would have to be: Don't use a spirit board to communicate with spirits, bad things can and will happen. Also you have no way of knowing that what you call Todd actually is Todd. The spirit doesn't seem to be dangerous but I can tell you he doesn't like being ignored which can lead to problems.

You requested his presence and then, in your account at least, didn't even communicate with him. The clapping he did tells me that he was making more of a wtf gesture at you. A, what you called me and now you're even going to speak to me kind of thing. I imagined he was irritated at that much like you would be if a friend called you over to them and then refused to speak with you.
glesgaboy (24 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
The very reason this website exists is to allow people to tell their stories and question the mysteries surrounding them.
Now just think about what I have just written freddysgirl and see the key word (mysteries) for what it is.
When something is unexplainable "mysterious" it is unwise to encourage it in the way that you are.
There are many documented accounts about the trickery used by evil spirits in order to deceive you.
Even the Holy Bible has accounts of them.
And whether you are a believer or not, they are accounts non the less.
I have had a personal experience with trying to contact spirits in the past and I can assure you it was most unpleasant.
Please be careful and stick to the living as far as friends go.
At least you know to a better degree what and who you are dealing with.
GB.
Aomni (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-06)
I would caution you to be very careful with this. To me Todd does not sound like a spirit guide. I will say that I have not read any of your other stories yet but if you are asking for him to come to you that could explain why you don't feel afraid when his presence is with you.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
I am in agreement with other commenters and I'm going to put it more directly. It sounds like *you* are the one attached to Todd; not the other way around.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-02)
I agree with Miracles. From what you say, you seem to be attached to Todd. After all you called for him - 'wished' for his presence.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-02)
freddysgirl, If you are wondering why hes still.attached,its because you call him to you. So you talk to him regularly through a quija? Ok to me this truly bothers me. Because spirit guides don't need quijas to communicate to their person. They have so many other ways to do so. It sounds like a spirit has come through a portal you opened when on the quija. If this spirit is making noises, it could escalate to much more. Be careful with this
RACER1st (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-02)
Mmm ok... So Todd good or evil? Not sure ok, the spirits or whatever you want to call them crave the living, demons poses people for a chance to live again, living is being noticed and spirits also love to be noticed and you have noticed Todd haven't called in a team of investigators to be rid of him or anything like that,... You have left him be and treated him as a living person a friend... This is most likely why he stays by you and why the connection/energy is so strong Todd may feel intimidated by you talking to someone else and Todd is telling you to stop talking to them I have heard a story before about a couple and the girl who had a spirit with her and was strongly connected to ended up being left because the lad couldn't take things being thrown at him and being pestered by the spirit...:/
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
10 years ago (2014-01-01)
freddysgirl - I must confess to being puzzled by the title of your story. To me, and obviously I could be wrong, it seems as if you are "a bit bothered" by Todd's reappearance. But I'm confused. You called for him. He didn't seek you out. You asked for him to come to you.

I don't think Todd is attached to you... I think you are attached to Todd. But that is just my opinion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: