You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Hauntings On Conley Road

Real Ghost Stories

Our Hauntings On Conley Road

 

From September 2005 to February 2006, my kids and I rented a house from a friend of our family. It didn't take long after we moved into the house on Conley Road before we started noticing we weren't alone.

The second week we were there, I was walking down the hallway. As I passed the bathroom, something came out of the bathroom. It was down between my knees and my feet, gray and rectangular in shape. It passed by my legs on its way out of the bathroom to my bedroom. At first I thought it was our cat Dobbie, but quickly realized I didn't feel him touch my legs. I then remembered that Dobbie was outside. I went to the laundry room and let him in, just to prove to myself it wasn't Dobbie that passed me. A couple of days later, I saw that same shadow again; this time it was surrounded by sparkly white spots.

Throughout the five months we lived there, my bedroom closet door would open by itself. I would come home from work and the closet door would be open. At first I thought I was not getting it completely shut in the mornings, but one day I was extremely conscious of shutting it. I had come home for lunch that day and made sure the closet door was completely closed when I left. When I came home that evening, the door was open as far as it could go, back against the bedroom wall. I went over and shut it, and then my daughter Jerrica and I went throughout the house opening and closing doors (interior and exterior), trying to create a vacuum, trying to figure what, if anything would cause the door to open. I left the door shut, but not latched, then tried the same thing. Nothing made the door swing open. I even opened the door to see if it would swing open farther, nothing. The floors were apparently level. Before I agreed to rent this house, I had my boyfriend, who builds houses, do a thorough walk-through. The one thing he was really impressed with was how level the floors were.

During the middle of the night, about 7 weeks after moving in, something sat on the end of my bed. I felt the depression near my feet, which is what, woke me. When I moved my feet, it got up and left. I didn't feel anything moving against my feet, like a form or anything. I just noticed the empty space on the bed again. My little boy was sleeping next to me, and I know it wasn't Dobbie. I never felt Dobbie when he got on the bed. The only time I knew Dobbie was there, was when I tried to move my feet. Dobbie also didn't willingly move from the bed. I would have to kick or push him off the bed, and I could always hear him when he landed on the floor.

There were numerous times I would hear an interior door shut. It was usually during the night and only once was it Jerrica shutting her bedroom door. The house was small enough that I could sit on my couch in the living room and see down the hallway to the bedrooms and bathroom. If I was in bed I could see both kids' rooms and the bathroom. Since it happened so often, anytime I heard a door, I automatically looked. Both my kids heard it. The doors were hollow interior doors and the sound was too close and loud to have been a neighbor's car door or house door. Those were thoughts I'd had and checked out.

Around Thanksgiving I was in my little boy's bedroom. I had walked over to his bookcase and saw a black sphere in the air. Perfectly round and black, but almost transparent; just hovering in the air between the bookcase and the window. I stood there for what seemed like at least 5 minutes just looking at this thing. I felt absolutely no emotion from it whatsoever. It was just there and then it just sort of dissipated.

Two weeks before Christmas I was doing dishes on a Sunday afternoon. My little boy, Dalton, was asleep and Jerrica was at my parents. Earlier that day, after we came home from Christmas shopping, Jerrica put the CDs she had picked out for herself for Christmas on the kitchen table. While I was doing dishes, I was trying to count them to see how many she ended up with. They were stacked almost perfectly even and I was having a hard time trying to tell one from the other. I went into the laundry room, then came back to finish the dishes. When I glanced at the table, I noticed the CDs were then stacked like stairs, so they could be counted much easier (each one was a little farther back than the one underneath). This actually took my breath away. More than seeing the shadows and the door incidents, the fact that whoever was living with us could almost read my mind kind of freaked me out. It was cool though. Jerrica had picked out 13 CDs!

About a year after we moved, I decided to "bite the bullet" and share my ghost experiences with Jerrica, hoping and praying I wouldn't scare her to death. Jerrica then told me that when we lived in this house on Conley Road, one day she was looking at a picture of her sister that I had hanging in the hallway. Not only was Jerrica's face reflected in that picture, but there was another face there too. I wish she'd told me then.

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-19)
You don't have to wish for anything different miracles... I'm sure you brought up both Jerrica and Dalton beautifully... And I'm sure they're great just the way they are! Don't worry she'll tell you when and if she feels there is something that she needs to:) always a pleasure reading your stories:) thank you! And take care:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-09-19)
Khili180 - it's amazing how my kids are so different but I think that probably has to do with the way I've raised them. I didn't know as much about this life when Jerrica was little as I do now. I wish I did, but I can't change that.

The cds, I think, were the beginning of the helpfulness. Or at least me noticing it.

And I think, even now, if I saw a face in a picture it'd freak me out LOL At the time Jerrica handled it great 😊 Not so sure how she'd do now though πŸ˜‰
Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-18)
Wow! The cd thing was soooooo cool! It's nice you have such helpful beings all around you. And I agree, after seeing you strain hard at the CDs, making them stair like would've been a sure shot way to let you know it was there. Because it knew you had seen them carefully so would notice a change! Plus it helped you count! Awesome!
Shit seeing the person in the frame would've been sooooo scary! I would've screamed my lungs out! Hehe! Your daughter is brave! I wish she'd tell you more though! So good to hear it's not the same with dalton:)
Great story as always... Thank you:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
vincenzo - no, I don't believe it was the same Conley Road as the one I lived on was nowhere near 86 😊, but it sounds like you and your friends had an interesting experience yourselves.
vincenzo (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
In August of 2005 after the lake county fair I was in the car with three other individuals. We were leaving a friends home on Conley road. We all saw a gray object in the middle of the road. It was more toward the end of the road by down by 86 next to that small field. When we got close to it it darted off in to the field and vanished. I was 18 at the time, we all freaked out in the car. Anyways I just Google's Conley road ghost and this popped up, I saw it was in Ohio and I had to chime in. Hopefully we're talking about the same road, the one with the house that has the fish mail box.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
JennyTee - that was one of the most obvious cases of knowing something, or rather someone, could tell what I was thinking. Maybe I was concentrating so hard on trying to count my daughter's CDs that the ghost/spirit figured out what I was trying to do and helped me out.

I've always wondered who the other face was that Jerrica saw besides her own in the picture. We've talked about it several times since then, but she doesn't know who it was. That's why I'm so different with my son and have always been matter-of-fact with him since...well, forever 😊. Maybe if I'd talked with Jerrica about all this, she'd have come to me then. But hindsight and all that πŸ˜‰
JennyTee (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Great story! I would freak out thinking something could see into my head like that! Too bad nothing more could be figured out of the face your kid saw.
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Miracles: - Can not wait to read the story - anything from William Shakespook is good enough for me - πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I just can't help myself πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
applerose - the doors is something the kids and I just sorta got used to after awhile. Seems like everywhere we lived, we had it. After we moved from that house, it continued. I'll really have to sit down one day and give you a brief "how many times this happened and how many times that happened" sort of thing. It's amazing sometimes when I think about it πŸ˜†, that we aren't crazy! Oh, wait, we are!

Anyway, the CDs? Yeah, one of the best. But when I submit my latest story, which will include "To Be Flushed... Or Not To Be Flushed" LOL! OMG - this one...wow! I actually had to ask Granny and BadJuuJuu if they thought I was crazy!

I think I was just talking in circles LOL! Anyway, thanks for reading and I'll enjoy your comments whenever you have time to read and make them!
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Great story - I tell you - the opening and shutting of the doors would have bothered me some - but I really think the stacking of the CD'S - would have gotten me good. - this is a good story and thank you for sharing - I was looking for the story on your bathroom ghost πŸ˜† - I'm at work so do not really have a lot of time to look - maybe once I get settled into our new place - I'll be able to read more of your stories.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-10-22)
Daz, I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face! No matter what the hair color, whether natural or by grace of a bottle or spell πŸ˜†, we've got a strong friendship going on here.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-22)
Miracles...I would like to think great minds think alike... But considering you are a blonde and I was probably one in a previous life... Maybe the paralle has more to do with the colour of our hair...lol.but seriously I would like to think it validates our friendship... We are a nation of blondes down under Marjie... So perhaps you may need to consider migrating to Aus and becoming a dinky dy Aus...lol
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-22)
Hey Daz, thank you! Glad you check up on me every now and then LOL! You and I were within 2 days this time of submitting our stories. Wonder what's with that, you know? What makes each of us think, at this exact moment, that it's time to submit another story? We're just missing another Loonie to make it 3. Could simply be coincidence, but as we have all found out, there's nothing about our relationships that is coincidental.

Anyway, I've been trying to put into words my comments to your story and I'm struggling to get it right. Words aren't flowing really good this morning. Not enough coffee πŸ˜†. I'll get back over there later today. I'm glad you submitted it, though.

If you haven't had a chance, check out Scoops's story. He's been keeping a journal since his last story.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-22)
Miracles, not sure how I missed this story... But I have made a habit of checking on your profile from time to time and tradahhh... Missed another one... Another well written story... What I like the most about your stories... They are always different and I think it was smart of you to keep a journal... There is an undeniable pattern through your journal that demonstrates the fact... That you are a sensitive and there is undisputed evidence that what you have experienced is the real deal... LOL Daz.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-10-21)
whitebuffalo - I talked to Jerrica last night about the face in the picture. She has tried to block it out of her memory because it scared her. She was only 13 at the time, so it's understandable. I asked her if the face was scary or if it was just because she SAW the face. She said because she saw the face. She said the face was female, but she couldn't remember any details. Jerrica sat there for a few minutes trying to recall details for me, but said she couldn't remember clearly enough. She had a picture in her mind, but she didn't think that was what the face really looked like. She didn't tell me what image she had in her head.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-10-20)
Granny, DARKNESS, DCinAZ, whitebuffalo:

Granny, helpful can be pretty freaky, you know?! 😨 And you're right... Jerrica does keep things close. Sometimes she'll talk about them more freely; other times she doesn't want to talk about our ghosts at all. She has that ostrich mentality.

Darkness, I can just imagine our ghost thinking that same thing "Oooo, let's see if I can freak her out! Yep, I did!" πŸ˜† As far as the poltergeist activity, from all that I have seen and read, I don't think Jerrica would HAVE to be IN the house for the activity to occur. Her essence is still in the house, whether she is or not. Looking for other opinions here, peeps!

DCinAZ, thank you! The face in the picture would have completely scared me. I admit it. Here I am, the MOM with over 30 years ghostie experience and it would have scared the crap out of me. 😨 Shadows behind me startle me, but a face? Yep, YIKES pretty much says it all!

Whitebuffalo - yes, I know you don't read the comments prior to commenting! I'm going to have to talk to Jerrica a little bit more about this and see if she can tell me more about the face. This definitely isn't something she's forgotten. She might like to have forgotten, but...I'll let you know what she says. As for the circles and rectangles, I think I'm going to go back and do a thorough read of my Journal. I don't think this is the only time I've experienced these. What's even more amazing than being comfortable with our ghosts, is missing them when they aren't obviously around. When we're wrapped up in our own world, we don't have enough time or energy to "focus" on them unless they are determined to make their presence known.

Thanks, all!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-20)
Alrighty. You know I did not read these other comments, but WOW, girl.
When your daughter told you about the second reflection in the photo glass, did she happen to be able to describe this other person? I am just curious how many of the characteristics were shared by both your and HER sight. Male/female is of little import. I am curious about "circles" and "rectangles"...

Is it not truly amazing how "comfortable" we get, and how these benign beings seem to just be "part of the package"?
Wado.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-20)
Another great story Miracles! You do have a way with words. I don't really have an opinion concerning whether it was poltergeist activity or not. (Those distinctions just confuse me) For instance, the cd's, nice trick. Crazy cool? Yes! Poltergeist? You got me, no idea. Now I become a total chicken when it's a reflection of someone I don't know and isn't supposed to be there anyway. Everything else I'm cool with, but that, YIKES! Great story! But again, YIKES! 😨 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-20)
Hey Miracles another awesome story! 😁I was also blown away about the CD event also, the whole idea of it knowing what you were thinking would have been frightning and cool at the same time, it was probably thinking "watch this I will get her then she will definitely acknowledge me! Lol.

I noticed that the poltergeist theory has come up, now I understand the link between teenage girls and this sort of activity.

What I would love to hear all your thoughts on is, if this is Poltergeist activity and is associated with Jerrica, in most cases the occurences would only occur if she wasn't present in the home am I correct? Now I know things where happening whilst you were out Miracles, really would like to know what you guys think bout this theory!😁 Look forward to hearing from you all!

Thanks for another ripper Miracles 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-10-19)
Miracles: How the heck do you ALWAYS end up with helpful ghostie friends?...Well, not always, but you know πŸ˜†...There's no point in kicking yourself now... You guys are on the right path now, so just keep movin' forward...Still, I have a feeling that Jerrica isn't as forthcoming as you'd like her to be...

The thing with the CDs is pretty freakin' cool!...Too bad you only had a limited amount of time there... Hard telling what else may have happened! πŸ˜†

Great story AGAIN!... ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-10-19)
girlheldtightdown - the CDs were pretty wild! Freaked me out pretty good for a few minutes. That was the first time I really wondered if ghosts were mind readers. Either that or it saw me straining to try and count the CDs. πŸ˜‰

Thanks for reading and commenting!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-10-19)
Cosmogal and BJJ - I agree with both of you on the poltergeist theory. Young teenage girl and all that emotion! Yikes!

Bad thing is, this is when Jerrica first became aware of her experiences again. Remember, she had them when she was little? Up until she was about 5 or 6 and then it sort of stayed in the background, except for hearing her name called. This was the first time she actually saw something since she was little.

The face in the picture scared her really bad, but since I'd never talked to her about anything (and I could have kicked myself really hard because I didn't talk to her when she was younger), she didn't talk to me about it. Jerrica couldn't tell whether the face was male or female. She thought female, but couldn't tell for sure.

The CD thing was pretty freakin' cool, though. After I got over the shock! πŸ˜† One minute straight as can be. Next steps!

Thanks, guys!
girlheldtightdown201 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-19)
thats wild, about the cd's, and kindof scary to think it can read your mind, sends chills up me. 😐
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-19)
I agree with Cosmo, this does sound poltergeist-y. Very cool about making it easier for you to count the CDs though. 😁
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-19)
Great story Miracles 😊 Sounds like you might have a had a bit of poltergeist activity going on at the house. Did Jerrica describe the face she saw as male or female? I wonder if your friend or past residents of the house ever experienced anything like that. ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-19)
Potterwatcher, yes it was scary. Especially for my daughter. She was only 13 and didn't know anything about ghosts at that time. This is one reason why I am so open now with all of our ghost experiences.

Thanks for reading and commenting.
Potterwatcher1997 (13 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-19)
Wow, that's very scary, escpecially the face in the picture.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: