You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Mandy's Home

Real Ghost Stories

Mandy's Home

 

when I was 13 I was going out with a girl named Mandy who even though had shown me where she lived and was happy for me to call round never invited me in to her home, I thought this was a bit strange but never questioned her about it.

One morning during the summer would have been around 9.30 I knocked on Mandy's door to see if she was coming to the adventure playground most of the kids in the area would go to in the summer, she answered the door said she would not be long and shut the door, not long after the door opened expecting to see Mandy I turned towards the door and there was this small boy grinning up at me. "Mum said come in" he said Then ran from the front door leaving it open for me. As soon as I walked into the house I felt cold it being the summer it was t-shirt and shorts weather sunny and warm outside but in the front room it felt like I had walked into a freezer and I got goose pimples all over.

Just then I heard someone shout "in here" and I went through to the back room "that's for best in there" I was told by the small boy that had opened the door then a lady came in from the kitchen and introduced herself as dot (Mandy's mum) and told me the boy's name was Michael (Mandy's younger brother) I said hi very nice to meet you and then went into shy boy mode looking at feet, twiddling fingers not looking at people that kind of thing. Just then Mandy came down stairs and seeing me asked who let me in Michael stated laughing and dot said she asked me in. Mandy said we were going up to her room and Michael jumped up and said he was coming too so all 3 of us went up the stairs to Mandy's room.

At the top of the stairs was the loft hatch, Mandy's room to the left to the right the landing dots room off the landing on the right and Michael's room at the end of the landing. As soon as I stood under the loft hatch again I felt cold as though a winter breeze was blowing I looked up at the hatch but before I could say anything Michael said "this house is haunted lots of ghosts live here" pushed by me into Mandy's room.

This got me wondering if this was why Mandy did not want to invite me in before. We sat chatting for a while listening to music and being bugged by Michael's questions, Mandy finally asked me if I thought ghosts exist sure they do I replied and told her the story about Charlie (see goodnight Charlie) I got a story for you too she said but don't laugh will you, then she started with her tale.

2 years ago Mandy had a pet dog who would sleep at the foot of her bed each night and follow her everywhere she went, one day as she went to the shop that was across the road from her house the dog followed her and sadly got run down and died instantly. "but he came back" Michael butted in, it's true said Mandy a few nights after he had been run down the whole house was woken up by the sound of barking outside Mandy's room on the landing and the sound of a dog scratching at the door to be let into the bedroom. It would not stop until the door was opened but as soon as the door was closed again it would start again barking and scratching Mandy had to keep her door open at night to make sure it did not happen.

The strangest thing was the marks Mandy told me what marks? I asked totally gripped by now, on the door panels she replied, I got up opened the door and looked at the outside on the bottom right panel (there were 4 panels 2 at the top 2 bottom) there were deep scratches in the paintwork, it's been painted over 4 times Mandy said but they always come back through even though I keep it open now she told me.

There is a lot more to tell about Mandy's house but that's for my next post

Other hauntings by taz890

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, taz890, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Geez!I totally thought that her brother was the ghost! And the mother!Wasn't expecting the dog either! Gotta go read the next one!
😊 Krys
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
my thoughts exactly glad your enjoying these noticed a message in part 2 will comment when your done with 3
luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
Hi, taz. Now, I don't know whether I want my dog to do the same thing Mandy's did when he dies. But I bet her dog felt so loved, he just had to come back.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
thanks javelina glad you enjoyed am writing next bit now so hope won't be too long before on here 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
Well Taz,
You got me too. I was thinking it was her little brother the whole time. Great poser you've got going here Taz, can't wait to read the rest.
😕 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
thank you for the comments 😁
To cosmogal926, darkness and trix I'm glad you all enjoyed the story (doing part 2 next) I must say re reading it yes it does keep you guessing don't it lol I will try to keep you interested but not "in the dark" with the next 2 (yes a lot happened at mandys will need 2 more so not too long)
I will warn you all now though the dog was the best happening it got worse (for me anyway)
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Hi taz890, this was a very interesting story. Thanks for sharing. You also got me with "who is actually the ghost'. I thought Mandy's brother was the ghost while reading. I can't wait for the follow ups' about Mandy's house. Trix 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
You read my mind Cosmo hahaha you got me with the dog there taz890. Thats a pretty freaky thing for her brother to say "this house is haunted lots of ghosts live here" I would have been a bit freaked out by that but intrigued aswell. I am looking forward to reading more of your stories.😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Hi taz, thanks for sharing another story with us. I have to say I thought for sure you were heading in the direction of telling us that either Mandy, her little brother, or her mother was one of the ghosts in the house. Wasn't expecting the dog. LOL! Can't wait to hear more about Mandy's house. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: