You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Mandy's Home - 2

Real Ghost Stories

Mandy's Home - 2

 

Note to all please read Mandy's home before reading this.

I became a regular visitor to Mandy's home that summer and dot liked to chat for hours so getting out was hard and to be honest Michael was a pain in the neck. He would not leave me alone which was my own fault I would by him sweets.

Dot loved to talk about "Fred" her friendly spirit that liked her blue and white china animal figures she kept on the mantel above the fire. "He will move them if I ignore him for a few days but always puts them back when I tell him" dot told me she enjoyed my visits. Some days I thought she was telling tales but would indulge her, I liked them all and enjoyed my visits.

I went away to the seaside one weekend and found a blue and white china cow figure with a bell round its neck that rang if the cow was lifted or moved, instantly I thought of dot and brought it for her. She loved her gift when I got back and put it with the rest on the mantel then we went outside into the garden she had asked me to help with a bit of weeding. After an hour or so I went back into the kitchen to get a cold drink when I heard the bell on the cow ring thinking it was Michael playing with it (he was only 8 at the time) I shouted through from the kitchen "Michael put that down before you break it" the back door opened and Michael came in from outside "break what?" he asked. He had been in the shed playing out of the way!

I walked into the living room no one was there, I checked the "best" room again empty I went back into the living room looked out the back window, and dot and Mandy was outside so the house was empty. I ran outside to dot and told her what I had heard "it's Fred I told him off this morning for moving my figures he's in a mood" she said. Just then we heard a bell ring turning around we saw the cow sat on the grass it had been in the living room "put that back Fred" dot said and carried on with the weeding (I put it back myself stop it getting broken.

About an hour later myself and Michael were going up to Mandy's room to play some games, Mandy was up there already (I was first with Michael behind) as I got to the top of the stairs I felt the now usual chill from the loft but as I went to take the last step I felt a hand slap into my chest pushing me down the stairs taking Michael with me, shocked and hurting I jumped up and looked up the stairs even though I knew no one was there, Mandy came running out of her room and dot came to help Michael up, " I must have slipped" I said to them and making my excuses left and went home.

That night getting ready for bed I was tender all over from falling down the stairs and expecting bruises I did not expect what I did find, a perfect hand print on my chest where I had felt the slap. I did not know for sure but I thought that maybe "Fred" was annoyed at me for dot's gift but I swore to myself there and then never to enter that house again.

It was a promise I kept for only 7 years.

Part 3 soon.

Other hauntings by taz890

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, taz890, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-23)
casper sorry took a while to reply had comp problems.
Anyway 7 years was a long time but with what happened even 7 years was not that long, and me and mandy split not long after this happened.
We are still intouch though and stayed great friends.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-14)
OMG, you stayed away for 7 years? Hope you kept seeing Mandy? Great story, I can visualise each character 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
JESS_B-JAY sorry took a few days to reply, I did tell mandy everyting that happened to me there but was a long time after it all happened. She did recall that day and said if it was the other way round she would react the same way
Jess_B-Jay (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-23)
I think Fred got alittle pissed off... Did you ever mention anything to Mandy about what REALLY happened on the steps?
Jay 😜
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Wow,thankfully you guys didn't get seriously injured! I am off to read part 3!
Krys
luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
Wow. Someone's jealous. And strong.
Did I mention jealous?
Off to read #3.:)
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
hi darkness (dan)
Thanks for the comment glad your enjoying these and totaly agree they do have some nerve, but like I have said in comments myself they take there feelings with them and fred was a moody spirit.
Hopeing part 3 will be added soon (been submitted) can't wait for the comments on that one! Will say no more for now got to keep you on edge of your seat waiting lol
Thanks again
Carl
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
taz890: I was looking forward to part 2 and once again it was another great story! Well it does seem like there was a bit of jealousy at play here as previously mentioned by my friends here. I find it a bit rude because you had bought this gift and he played with it then had the audacity to push you down the stairs geez they have some nerve don't they! Lol 😁

Cant wait for part 3 taz890. 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
hi javelina
Very true it might not have been fred but I think it was you will see why in part 3 the things in attic get a mention (no I won't say more yet) but will say the family were told about fred eventualy.
Sorry forgot to put in the first story the dog stopped visiting after a few months of the bedroom door being left open.
Looking forward to your comments on part 3 πŸ˜‰
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
Oh yes, Fred sounds a wee snipped about the gift and attention you received over it, especially since he was in the dog house already that morning. I must say, you were a gentleman about it by not snitching on him.
Or was it even him that did it? I have a feeling there may be another culprit. One that resides in the attic perhaps? Hmmm... πŸ˜‰
We still haven't heard any more about the dog either taz.
I wonder how this all ties up? Well, I imagine I'll just have to wait like everyone else.
Thanks for another poser taz, can't wait for the next installment!
😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
hi cosmogal926 yes it did freak me out and yes part 3 (last part) has been sent in (last night) so I hope it is up soon and the next will realy get to you
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
Hi Taz, Wow I wasn't expecting to read such a violent attack on you! 😲 To see that hand print on your chest must have totally freaked you out. 😨 I don't blame you for never going there again, and I agree with Miracles Frankie was probably jealous. Thank you for sharing another great story. Oh and there is a part 3? I can't wait... 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
ok thanks for the feed back there rramsmate bit for these is the house that is a council rented place in leicester just off fosse road south will add bit more to my next post sorry to say already finished the 3rd part to this
Rramsmate (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
Enjoying your stories, tell all you can. Maybe you could give more info on location.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
wrote it out sorry to say its another longish one but should be up real soon 😁oh and I got plenty more for you to come yet glad you like them so far
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
Taz890 - I'll look for it. Hopefully they'll get it on as quickly as this part. I enjoy your stories πŸ˜†.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
you could be right there miracles51031 and he did keep me away, nothing else happened between me and fred like dot had said that day he was moody cause she had told him off for messing with the figures. I'm guessing I was seen as a target for buying the new one he could not play with.

Your in luck I'm going to write the final part today did not expect this one to come up so quick only sent last night.

P.s thanks for comment glad your likeing this 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
Taz890 - I'm jumping into deep water here without knowing the rest of your story, but what the hey! Sounds to me as if Fred might have been jealous. Either that or you really pissed him off, but that theory doesn't feel right to me because you yelled at Michael because you thought Michael was playing with the cow. You didn't yell at Fred. Without knowing what else has happened between you and Fred, it seems as if he was trying to keep you away from "his" family. If he scared you enough, you'd never come back.

And now I'll wait on Part 3 πŸ˜† and probably wish I'd kept my mouth shut LOL! Nah, I say what I feel, whether it's right or not πŸ˜‰

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: