You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Mandy's Home -3

Real Ghost Stories

Mandy's Home -3

 

Right I hope you have read parts one and two of this story. If not this won't make any sense at all so please back track

Mandy and I broke up at the end of that summer my fault with me refusing to go to her home, dot even wrote to me asking to come by but I politely refused to go I was not going to be attacked again. I did meet Michael in there street to say sorry for falling on him and for running out without checking he was ok, unfortunately he did cut his head a bit just above his right eye but not too badly.

Now we jump forward 7 years.

I was living at my mum's place waiting to get my own place, one of my brother's (Dave) was living across the road with his girlfriend (Lesley), we would get together watch movies have a few drinks and just chill. One day I popped over and Lesley's niece Becky was there with her new boyfriend who at the time was looking for somewhere to rent a room having fallen out with his mum. While the boyfriend was asking if he could rent a room off my brother I chatted with Becky in the hall. "You will love spike he is short but hunky" Becky said just then this guy walked in to the hall we both looked at each other nothing was said and he went back into the living room. I felt very strongly that I knew the guy from somewhere but was not sure where, then it hit me. Spike was Michael. Small world! We got chatting and had a laugh about the things that had happened at his home 7 years back, the cold spots, Mandy's bedroom door and how much he annoyed me back then. "look here" he said lifting his hair up he had gotten a scar from the "fall" I felt so guilty and had to tell him the truth "I'm not that surprised Fred could get real moody" spike said (the nickname everyone uses now don't know how he got it though.

Eventually I got my own flat and things at Dave's were not good for spike so I invited him to come live at mine he jumped at the chance. "I got to get some more stuff from home could you please come and see mum to keep her off my back" he asked me one day, I felt sick at the thought of entering that house again but I was trying to help spike get himself sorted out (he would pop any pill he could get his hands on and smoked weed). I reluctantly agreed to go with him. Walking back into that house was one of the worst things I have ever experienced I felt sick, I was sweating, and I was shaking all over.

The place had not changed one bit, the "best room" looked like it had the day I left and still felt colder than outside, dot had changed a lot, she had started drinking 5 years before and was on a half-bottle of vodka a day if not a full one. She did recognise me as soon as I walked in and she sat there and cried saying how angry she was that Fred had kept me away for all those years (I had told Mandy who told dot) my heart broke I sat with her for 3 hours talking about me and what I had done those past 7 years and she made me promise her to visit again, I did promise but said I would not go upstairs just stay in the living room.

This arrangement worked for a while spike and his mum started to "build bridges" and dot cut down on the drinking but did not fully stop, all was going well until spike asked me to fetch something from his old bedroom, he and dot were having a heart to heart at the time and it was the last thing to come out of the house of spikes so I thought just one trip up stairs that's it then done, so I agreed to go up. As I walked up the stairs I kept having to tell myself not to run out again panicking, it was real hard not to. I felt the old chill at the top of the stairs but rushed by down the landing to Michael's room. As I entered I realised I had never been in there before and took a good look round. Suddenly I got a headache like I had never felt before it was like my skull was exploding, I had to sit on the bed to stop myself falling over, then the pain really started all my arms and legs suddenly cramped up I could not move at all, even trying to open my hand was agony every muscle was on fire I admit I screamed like a little girl that had grazed a knee. Spike and dot came into the room after what felt like hours but only 10 minutes to see where I was, they had not heard me scream or anything even though the bedroom was above the living room. As soon as they walked in the cramps stopped and I managed to get up off the bed (the headache stayed for 3 days after).

"I got to leave now Fred is at it again" I told them both but dot told me Fred had not been there for at least 5 years and it could not have been him, she helped me down stairs and gave me some painkillers. When I told them what had happened spike said "must have been the guys in the loft". I suddenly felt very angry and shouted "what f****ing guys in the loft?" dot told me that before she got the house two brothers lived there one had a muscle wasting disease that was slowly killing him the brothers decided enough was enough and hung themselves at the top if the stairs through the loft hatch.

That was that I said I was sorry to dot but there was no way I was ever going to come back she was welcome to come to my place whenever she wanted but I would never return. I left and never went back. That was almost 16 years ago now. Spike lived with me for a while but eventually got a girlfriend and is still with her to day he is drug free and a dad to 2 great kids

Mandy is married and has a teenage daughter, dot stopped drinking and left the house 6 years ago when she met a man she fell in love with sadly she passed away 3 years ago.

I have never been back to the street or the house and I have no idea if anything is still happening at Mandy's home.

Other hauntings by taz890

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, taz890, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
All has already been said! I totally agree. Your stories are great! I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of them so far!I'm off to read the next!
Krys
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
dragonstorm glad you read all 3 first 😊
Yes I was miffed but like ou say came out with my health but wits were pritty much shreeded (sorted now though yay)

Was an experiance I would hate to relive but in some ways it helped to make me who I am today, if it was not for this I might have been a totaly different person so I'm glad it happened
Hope that makes sence lol
Carl
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
I have read all three parts of this Taz, and I probably would have been a bit miffed at them for not telling you the whole truth to what was going on there too, but I am glad you came out of it with your health and your wits 😊 ❀
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
indigo sorry been away 😁 thanks for the comment I'm glad you enjoyed the stories, and thanks for faving them too 😊
Carl
Indigo_Child (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Hi Taz, I agree with everyone else! You have some great stories and I really have enjoyed reading them.
Hoping to read some more soon πŸ˜‰

This is an amazing series of stories, loved Callum too!

All your stories have a special place in my favorites section:)

Love and light. ❀
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
tintin thank you for adding a very nice comment.
Im glad you have enjoyed reading them 😊
Carl
tintin (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
you had a very interesting stories taz! I enjoyed reading your stories ❀
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
luce thanks for the comments 😊
I only ever heard of these 4 and I also hope to have an update real soon 😁
Carl
Anyi ghost pheramones? Interesting thought πŸ˜†
luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
Hi taz! You know I've wondered why Spike said their house was haunted by "lots of ghosts" after reading the 1st story. Now I wonder if there were more than 4 O_O.

Awesome story man. I wish you don't keep getting hurt though... Maybe you have anti ghost pheromones or something?
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
thank you aiafaith1 I'm glad you enjoyed the stories and thanks for adding them to your favs 😁 ❀
Carl
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
Wow! I just love your stories! Thanks so much for sharing, Mandy's Home 1, 2, and 3 went on my favs!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
thanks for the comment darkness I totaly agree the house is more than likely active unless it gets a full "clearing" it will be active for a long time
Hpe you enjoy my next post (s) as much
Carl
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
taz890: This was a great conclusion, I know I am not by myself when I say everything happens for a reason, and in your case it was to be there for Mandy and Dot at that exact time of your life. 😊 As some of my friends have all ready posted before me I think your last experience there was indeed residual emotions that I believe would still reside there to this day.

Thank you once again for sharing this with us, I look forward to reading more from you. 😊

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
irakowei sorry I missed you out thank you for reading and a sweet comment ❀
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
where do I start!
[at] javelina you make some great points there thankyou I had never thought of fred being one of the brothers it does take an outsider to notice these things it could well be. I'm glad you enjoy my posts will have more soon (will put next one in today) also having my own blond moment here what clues? Guess I'm missing them as I know what's comming

[at] miracles51031 so true! I'm glad she did comment too you all give great feed back

[at] zzgranny bless you! Your so sweet saying that about my posts

[at] cosmogal926 thanks for comment yes it does seem like it was fate to re meet them all and become a great friend with micheal, dots passing was very sad but she was happy when she did and off the drink too so at least she had that and yes she was a speical lady
[at] all of you who have been so kind with comments ❀ ❀ ❀
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
Wow that is crazy how you ended up running into Michael again 7 years later. I think you were meant to go back to the house and by Dot and Michael seeing you again helped them get over their substance abuse problems. It seems like that house had a lot of depressing energy in it. I'm glad that the whole family ended up coming away from their happy. I am sorry to hear about Dot. She sounds like she was a great person. 😊 ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
irakowei: "Dot" is a nick-name, short for "Dorothy"...Also, if you haven't done so, I suggest reading Taz's other stories in this series... Pretty good stuff! 😊
irakowei (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-07)
Wow! This is a nice story! At first I thought Mandy and her family were ghost.

So far one of the most believable stories I've read on this site.:)

Btw, why do you say DOT? I'm just confused.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-06)
Aaw shucks Miracles,
You're going to make me blush! Really it's just that taz writes some great stories, and he puts in such fun clues. And you know me, I love me some puzzlers! LOL! πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-06)
Taz, Javelina made some excellent points here. Truly excellent. I, for one, am glad she waited and took her time reading. Kudos, Jav!

Javelina - I'm going on record here saying I learned a very valuable lesson from you. Never thought you'd hear me say that, did you? πŸ˜† I am going to have to stop reading these stories at work and commenting. I'm too distracted (as if I need anything else, huh?) πŸ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-06)
Hey taz,
Sorry I didn't post a comment sooner. It's because I saved your story for last. I wanted to read it at my leisure, it being part 3 and all. Oh boy, I'm so glad I did!
I just knew there had to be more to that loft. Normally heat rises, so the higher you climb the warmer it gets, especially on a summers day. But you had mentioned in part 1 about cold air coming from the loft hatch. That was my first clue.
The second clue was when Micheal pushed passed you saying the house was haunted and they had LOTS of ghosts. 'Lots' had to mean more than just two, right?
I agree that your pain came from loft spirit with the muscle wasting disease. That must have put some perspective on how truly painful it was for him. I can't even imagine what that would be like to live with, but it does make it easier to understand his reason for suicide. So sad.
Now to why you were knocked backward by Fred. This is just my overactive imagination mind you, but I'm wondering if maybe Fred was protecting the brother (s?). It could be why he was there all along. Perhaps it was just the one brother up there and the other had already passed? OR... Maybe Fred was the other brother? That would explain his protective manner. Spending his life caring for him, loving his brother so much he gave his life to help rid him of his pain. As for them not crossing over? That could have been because they felt their suicides would have prevented it anyway, so they didn't even try. Fred probably never left, he may have just retreated back to the loft when things started to go downhill with the family. It is sad that they're still up there though, heartbreaking really.
Thank you sharing this amazing experience with us taz. I love all your stories. You're very good at this writing stuff, and I can't wait for more.
😒 ❀ 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
thanks for the great comments zzsgranny glad you liked em
Guess they should have said something but that's over with.
Was never told about anyone else having it happen to them but then was told most people would not go up stairs anyway so...
Fred leaving surprised me too I was not 100% sure she was being totaly honest but had to take her word.
I do know spike has chatted with the new new tennants (second family since dot left) will ask him to look into it for me and let you know,
Spike still has friends down there.

More to come soon will post again next week about spikes first born callum great storys there.
Thanks again granny ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
taz: Wow!...What an account!...I think Dot and the others probably should have filled you in on the brothers, too... But what's done is done... I think the head and muscle aches may have been the one sick boy trying to communicate his pain to you... I wonder if anyone other than you experienced anything similar?...

It surprises me too that Fred just up and left...I've never heard of that happening... He may have just decided to leave her alone, and not pester her since she had so many other issues... It would be interesting to talk to the next tennents...

Great series!...Thank you so much for posting these incredible experiences 😊 ❀
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
thank you miracles that's sweet to think I was ment to be there never crossed my mind but I like the though.
We are all "blonds" from time to time
(like it myself) lmao πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
taz - actually I'm brunette πŸ˜†, but the Dumb Blonde fits me to a "T." Just ask some of the others LOL!

Thank you for being so kind 😊. BTW, I think you were meant to go back when you did. It worked out the way it was supposed to. Meeting Michael/Spike when you did, the way you did and then helping Dot and Spike make amends. Yeah, you were meant to be there when you were.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
reading at work myself and have same problem have to read twice so I don't get it wrong lol
Also I don't think blonds are dumb we all have our moments (hope I made you feel better)
And I enjoy your comments and thank you for them ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
taz - I need to stop reading these stories at work πŸ˜†. Between answering phones and everything else, I lose track of what I'm reading and my train of thought. Not to mention my normal Dumb BlondnessπŸ˜†

Thanks for correcting me there!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
thanks for the comments 😁
[at] spiritswindsforever thought the same thing when I had calmed down and I did have to apologise for the outburst. And I'm a good boy never been in trouble lol
Spike is still doing well and very happy too.

[at] miracles51031 other way round dot is the one that died not mandy and as for javelina I was itching to say more when I replyed to her but had to wait until this got posted looking forward to her thoughts she was real close.
Dot did think fred left becuase she started to drink one or 2 shorts a day to begin with but was not sure he might have just done here and went to rest forgood will never know.

[at] deviousangel totaly get where your comming from but I did miss out the fact that spike had not used the room for over 5 years (got mandys after she moved out) nothing had been heard in there and no activity so he did not think about it he and dot were both so appologetic afterwards but I am the kind of person who has to feel like a thing is done to me or towards me knowingly to stop me being a friend and I don't think it was so I had to forgive them.
Also I don't think spike would have turned out as well as he has if I stopped helping him and I know he and dot would have stopped talking too so I feel that I did some good there and I'm glad I did.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
I would have been pretty livid if someone who knew I'd stayed away from their home for years because of a spirit sent me up where he knew spirits hung out to get something. That, to me, is either selfishness or sheer ignorance. It's a wonder you even talked to them again afterwards.

Anyway, glad you're okay now.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
Taz890 - oh wow, such seesawing emotions here. Darn... Looks like Javelina hit it on the head, didn't she? πŸ˜‰

I'm so glad things worked out for Spike and Dot, but so sad that Mandy died.

Did Dot say what happened to Fred? Why and how he left? That surprises me.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: