You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Savannah Ghost Tour

Real Ghost Stories

Savannah Ghost Tour

 

If you haven't read Juliette Gordon Low's House, then this won't make sense. Please read that first. So, after we left Juliette Gordon Low's House, I was relieved. I couldn't have been happier! We drove back to the hotel to rest and then went out to dinner a little later.

After dinner, we went on the ghost tour. We found the place we were supposed to meet up at, and started to walk to our first house. The house that sits on 432 Abercorn Street is abandoned, but has two dead residents still living in the home.

The tour guide told us the story which went something like this:

Benjamin Wilson built his home on 432 Abercorn Street in Savannah, Georgia sometime in the 1800s. (I think the late 1800s to be exact) He had a daughter that lived in his house with him. (I don't remember the tour guide mentioning a wife or siblings) In the square across the street from his house, children would play from the school next door. His daughter, naturally would want to play with the kids in the square. Benjamin Wilson forbid his child to do this because they were "Upper Class" and the kids across the street were in the lower class.

Of course, being the child she was, his daughter decided to play with the kids despite her father's orders. When Mr. Wilson found out his child disobeyed him, there was punishment. This next part is gruesome and makes me sick to my stomach, in fact my stomach is churning right now.

Benjamin tied his daughter to a chair and placed it in an upstairs window facing the square. She was to sit there and watch the kids play until he would come back in and un-tie her from the chair.

He didn't come back for three days. By the time he walked into the room three days later, his daughter was dead in the chair from dehydration.

Benjamin Wilson regretted what he did to his daughter for the rest of his life, and never left the house. His daughter never left either.

When the tour guide finished his story, we were all in shock. He told us we could go look through the mail slot in the door to get a peek at the house. That was one thing I wish I hadn't done.

I opened the mail slot in the door, and it squeaked in my doing so. I looked in the hallway, and my eyes flew over to the staircase. All of a sudden I had this rush of hate, pity, sorrow, and sadness. I walked away from the mail slot almost in tears.

I ran down the steps and received a lot of questioning looks from the rest of the people on the tour. I was shaking violently. I stood by my mother until it was time to move on. If you're thinking this was my big experience on this ghost tour, it wasn't and it is coming up next.

When everyone had their share of looking into the mail slot, they started to follow the tour guide across the street to the next house. My mom, my sister, and an older lady were trailing behind. I heard the lady say to my mom, "Hey, look do you see that in the window?" I remembered what the tour guide had said earlier, that some people had actually seen the girl in the window when on the tour. I turned around as fast as I could, totally forgetting the mail slot incident.

I walked over to my mom, sister, and the lady and looked into the windows. I saw nothing. I turned to my mom and said much too loudly, "What? I don't see anything. There is nothing there!" Boy, was I wrong.

I turned back to the window, and all of a sudden, the girl was there. It happened very quickly, she was there for a second, then gone. I remember losing my breath, and stumbling in the grass saying, "Oh my God, I did not just see that." The girl had long hair, and was wearing a dress like they did in the olden days. Her eyes, well they were just white circles. I know that probably sounds really creepy, but in that moment, I wasn't scared at all. I was just in a daze, and was about to faint.

My sister saw the same thing I did, but my mother saw a white outline in the window. The girl didn't look angry or mad, she just looked really sad and lonely.

That night, I was so scared I slept with the hotel room light on. I forgot to add that when my sister went and looked through the mail slot, she saw an angry man sitting on the stairs. I had sensed him before, but didn't get to see him. I haven't been back to Savannah, GA since, but I have made a vow.

One day, when I am older, I will go back to Savannah. I plan on setting that girl's soul free. Not just her, but her father too. It is time they moved on and forget the past that is holding them there. I am crying as I write this because this story makes me so sad. I will finnd pictures on the web of the girl, and what is believed to be her father, here is the link (You're going to have to scroll down a bit through the comments; you'll see three pictures then. One of them the face of the girl is in the window. After looking through those, scroll a little bit more and you will see a face that looks concerned.)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, youdontknowme88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rosaline (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
I've done a lot of research on this home and I do believe you've left something out, did your tour guide mention anything about the triple murders or vanishing owner? Well, for those of you don't know, its rumored that back in the 60s a family with 4 daughters came to visit a family friend who lived there, the parents and their friends went out for the night leaving the girls home alone, when they returned they found a gruesome scene, first they saw one of the girls sprawled out on the front steps, she had been killed while trying to escape. They went inside and found the other two dead in I think it was the hallway, then the youngest was found scared, confused and traumatized upstairs, then in the 90s a man lived there and he just mysteriously vanished. As of now, some senator owns it and she says, "i will never put that house on anybody". Leading many to believe she could be the little girl who survived the murders that night.
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
Aia that was one heck of an experience! Dont know if Id have been that brave.

I do so hope you get to go back one day and help them.

Love your writing style too, felt like I was there 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
maddie152: We use real words when we comment, not "text speak" πŸ˜†...Please refrain from using it... I don't know, it just bugs me that a word like "my" turns into a three letter not-word like "mah", and the word "to" seems too long to fully type out πŸ˜• πŸ˜•
maddie152 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-25)
heck man Juliet Gordon Low's House is mah fav place 2 visit here 😁 and I think that I might have experienced that 2...not sure but awsome story and sad 😭
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-06)
Awww, thank you Gacfan. And thanks for all the comments on my story guys! πŸ˜†

AF1 ❀
GACfan101 (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Such an amazing story 😁 I'm not normally into long ones lol but I couldn't let my mind let go of it I kind of want to visit this place sometime 😨 πŸ˜†
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Javelina,
I always get excited when I see you that you commented on one of ym stories. πŸ˜† Haha, suprisingly I did fall asleep, and I don't know how. Whenever I think about this story, I come close to tears. I feel so bad for the girl, and the father too for making the wrong actions. I WILL go back to that house when I'm older. I WILL get into it somehow, and I WILL set them free. The deserve that much. (hehe, like my confidence?)
Haha, my adventures. I like that! My bravery, I'm suprised at it too. After the mail slot, I couldn't get a hold of myself. It's funny you mentioned that, because not more than 20 minutes ago, I had what I believe to be an experience-with pants. (LOL!)

I was sitting on my bed, and was just on my computer, not making any movement. I had a pair of pants hanging over my bed, when out of no where, they just slide off! I was so freaked out, I kept on saying over and over, "Oh my god, Oh my god." So, sometimes I'm brave, and sometimes I'm not. 😁

Thanks Javelina. 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Aia,
Whoa! There is no way I would have been able to fall asleep that night after witnessing both those sights. Seriously, I have always been like this too.
I'll never get used to hearing the horrible things parents have done to children, and I know that feeling you got too. It's those that don't react in that manner that I would worry about. Then to turn and look at the window, and when she showed herself to you and your sister... That was a very powerful moment in your story. It breaks my heart that she is still there, her father too. And you're right, they both need to be free from that house and if it hasn't happened by the time time you return, I know you will take care of it.
You're adventures (I like to call them that) are always interesting and you have a very comfortable writing style. But it's your bravery that stands out to me. I don't know if I would have looked through that mail slot, the story of them was so horrific and sad, I would have been afraid that I'd meet a set of eyes looking back from the other side of the door!
I'm not going to wait next time your new story comes up anymore, I'm going straight to it like before!
Thank you Aia, I have a feeling you will do great things in your life and I'll be able to say I knew you when... 😊 ❀
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
taz, aww thanks. πŸ˜†

Cosmogal, yes ik. It is a terrible tragedy.

Thanks for all the comments.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Thanks for sharing another one of your experiences AF1. It sickens me to think how cruel this man was to his own daughter. Just because she wanted to play with the children across the street, he ties her to a chair for 3 days. That poor child. 😒
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
aia again loved it ❀
Great story interesting and gripping plus with the link too adds body to your experiance, had to look twice but she is there in pic 3 😲

Adding to other one in favs
Carl
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
DeviousAngel: Thank you. It is a truly heart-breaking story, yes, I know. I'm glad I had the chance to share it with you guys. 😊

Dandyxoxo: Thank you, thank you. πŸ˜† Yes, normally that would freak people out, the eyes being white. For some odd reason, in that moment, I was not scared at all. Just shocked. I felt so sorry for her.
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Wow. Great story! Thanks for sharing. The part where you said the eyes were white just scared me. And the pictures are really good. The third one is where I see the face the most. Such a sad story.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Excellent story! Thanks for sharing it. It is very sad, what that man did to his daughter. I can't imagine what may have possessed him to do such a thing. I can't even imagine the thought of letting a child out of my sight for more than a few minutes (unless I know they are somewhere safe, like their room or with friends/family) let alone DAYS. That is just terrible.
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
[at] Darkness: Why thank you! 😁 Yeah, the face us amazing! I can't believe Benjamin could do such a thing to his own daughter, but I know he regrets it. Who wouldn't? I plan on helping her someday...

[at] Granny: You're welcome. πŸ˜†

[at] Hoodzy: Aww, I know. Me too. 😭
Hoodzy (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Oh wow... Looking at those pictures has actually made me start crying! There's such sadness emanating from these images...

I hope these poor souls will be able to rest in peace soon. I wish I could do something for them.):
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Aia: Thanks for the link... Definately a face in the third photo...

It's great that you want to help these people... Thank you for sharing this series, I really enjoyed it ❀
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Aia: Once again you never fail to please, well done. 😊 firstly I looked at the link and those pictures are great especially the 3rd one I can actually see a face there! Creepy! What a cruel thing to do to a child I can't believe people do things like that. I do hope she is at peace or you do help her and her father to find it. Great story Aia! 😁

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: