You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Something Following My Or Just Weird Coincidence?

Real Ghost Stories

Something Following My Or Just Weird Coincidence?

 

This may or may not have something to do with the figure seen in my bathroom . These things always seemed to happen a night. Usually when I am trying to sleep. None of what has scared me horribly, but has given me the creeps. The first thing that happened was when I woke up one morning and the first thing I did was reach for my chap stick. When I took the lid off I found that it had been rolled up fairly high. I thought that maybe I had just forgotten to lower it back down so I put it on and made sure it was down all the way.

That night before I went to bed I put it on and made absolute sure that it was down all the way before putting it onto the table next to my bed. About half an hour later I was still struggling to fall asleep (not unusual for me) when I turned to face the side the table was on. Suddenly I noticed that my chap stick was turning by itself! I grabbed it off the table, rolled it back down and grumpily muttered that it needed to stay like that because I don't like it rolled all the way up. Nothing happened again for a while.

Months later I was laying in bed and starting hearing a crinkling noise. Like a piece of paper being balled up almost. I opened my eyes thinking somebody in the house was going through my room but saw nobody so I just closed my eyes and fell asleep shortly after.

The next morning I woke up to find that a piece of paper that I had balled up and tossed on my floor had been unraveled and smoothed down as though somebody had been trying to see what was on it. I was very angry about this even though nothing was on that paper because I am a private person and don't like people going through my things. I went and angrily asked everybody if there was something they needed to know and if there was to just ask me and not to go through my things.

That night I went back to sleep once again and I started to hear talking, as though people where whispering but I couldn't understand any of it. I just heard somebody say "I'm sorry." Nothing happened for a long time after that.

About a year later I moved from Utah to north dakota. One night I laid in bed, once again, and heard something tell me goodnight, during the day I would see shadows pass my bedroom window even if nobody was outside. Things would sometimes disappear for a week and show up about a week later in a different place. Once again there was a moved. This time a collage made of rolling stones pictures that had been framed and put up on the wall of my bedroom seemed to be "targeted". I woke up and found that it was off my wall and leaning against my bed, back of the frame outwards. Almost as though somebody didn't see it. I thought it was weird that it had fallen like that but I ignored it and put it back up.

About a week later I walked into my room late one night to find that this time it was off my wall and leaning against another wall, right next to my posters that I had yet to hang up. I knew that there was know way it could of just fallen like that; however I put it back on my wall. I asked my mom if she had been moving it for some reason and she swore she didn't.

Finally one night I was sitting on my bed talking online to my boyfriend when I heard something that sounded like nails scratching on my wall. Then I heard on really long scratch and my pictured fell right off the wall! I got angry and grabbed the picture and nearly yelled "This, stay right here! Got it?!" After I did that the picture never fell off again and nothing big has happened.

Other hauntings by hiya_hayz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hiya_hayz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
I have considerd that many times. However I never seem to stay in on house long enough. I no longer live in any of the houses mentioned though like I said in my previus comment there was the toast inncadent. Should anything else happen I will discuss it with Joe but since our sleeping scheduales are messed up and we sleep during the day I'll be sitting on the idea for a while.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
Hi hiya! Have you ever considered putting up a video camera in your house?
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
I don't know who it is. I haven't seen any apperitions so far it's just beenn things moving around. Most recently was the other day when we found toast in the toaster that nobody remembers making however we are trying to blow it off as Joe (my friend who is very much alive) sleep walking.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
I admire your courage in handling these situations. If it were me, I'd be too scared! I have to admit though, these stories made me laugh, not because of what was happening, but because of your assertive reactions, as if you were telling a kid to stop being annoying. It certainly seems to have worked. The 'playful' nature between you and the spirit seems to indicate something like a little brother. Do you have any idea of who or what the spirit might be? Have you seen any visible manifestations since these events or is it still just items being moved around?
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
Elephante81- to answer your question about me telling everyone to not go through my things it was my family, who unforunitly have a bad habit of putting their noses where they don't belong.:P They just blew it off for the most part.
Dan-I don't know who it was and like you I am pretty sure that it was just something wanting attention. I won't deny giving some to it. I would talk to it sometimes but with no reply. But if I do get annoyed with it I tell it to stop (thus with the picture). I am comfortable with this situation I seem to have alway been comfortable with the spirits that I encounter though there has been very few.
Dragonstorm-I would love to get more information on the spirit but since it gives me very little information I have nothing to go on.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
You've definately got a great attitude towards how to communicate with this spirit, firm but fair, which does seem completely fitting as it does seem to be the actions of a young mischevious boy or girl as has been mentioned here.

Have you been able to find any information out on the property or land history to try and get some clues as to who or what this could be? 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-13)
hiya_hayz: I am also impressed that you do talk to it in an authoritative way but at the same time using respect, this is the way it should be done. These events you are experiencing seem to be the classic cries for attention from a spirit, it does seem friendly in nature and it isn't doing anything malevolent towards you. It sounds as though you are quite comfortable with this situation am I correct? Do you have any idea who it is? 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
haha! Good for you telling whatever it was to cut it out! 😁 That's the spirit! (no pun intended).
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
You said you went and told "everyone" to not go through your things. Is everyone family or roommates? What was their reaction to you accusing them of this?
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-12)
Sounds like things a young boy would do, like a younger brother or something similar, maybe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: