You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Am I Seeing A Doppelganger?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Seeing A Doppelganger?

 

So I have been reading a few stories about how people are seeing their pets or family double and I started to think about how I keep seeing Doppelgangers of my own.

I am often walking up from my room/basement (new room YAY!) and at the top of the stairs I think I see my cat looking at me but it is only a glance and so I turn back around to say hi and he isn't there.

This has happened a bunch since my 13th birthday, and that wasn't too long ago. About once or eight times every day! I used to think that I was crazy or losing my mind and shook it off but now I'm not so sure.

I don't know if this counts but another time about a year ago, I was putting away my sisters clothes and I just started to put the clothes on a hanger and I hear a laugh from the other side of her bed. So of course I go over to see what she was doing, but she wasn't there. So I shout out her name and I hear her voice come all the way from down stairs and then she appears in the door way asking what I wanted. I was bewildered and told her nothing, that I just wanted to know where she was. To this day that has still mystified me.

So does anyone know what I saw and heard?

It would help a bunch because I always feel as though I am being watched. My parents won't let me do a cleaning ritual either: (. So ummmm, does anyone know what I can do? I don't feel safe in my own house! No one else has experienced anything like this and I don't feel like I can talk about it because my grandparents are here and they are really religious, they don't even like Harry Potter.

Other hauntings by angleart

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angleart, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-31)
harrypotterfan, a couple of little things.
1. Your comments would be much more readable if you would use punctuation and capitalization. Break your opinions up into individual sentences.
2. This story is from 2011, from an inactive poster. The OP is not likely to ever see your comments. In the upper left corner of each story is the date it was submitted and the author's name. You can click the author's name, view their profile, and see their activity on site. Anyone who hasn't been active in awhile is probably never going to see or respond to your opinions.
harrypotterfan2013 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-31)
theses look likes people talk about are ghosts and its just your mind making it up to look like you are seeing you but youtr not its just your mind playing ticks and ghosts can't hurt you or kill you people see stuff on films and think becases there on films they are real but creators make things up
loca_mocha (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
Wow I am really surprised at how many comments Harry Potter got and I must say I am generally pleased that so many people are taking my side on how religious Harry Potter is! 😆
I have considered a self house cleansing and I don't think it is hormones, I have been seeing this kind of stuff my whole life! As for the cleansing, I really don't think I could because OF my sister and I really kind of enjoy the company of the sprites because I am home alone most of the time! I mean but just the feeling of having something something around me, even if I can't see it, is kind of comforting.
So any way thanks for all the comments! ❤
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-27)
I've read some things in different cultures that state once a child is 13 they "lose the age of innocence" me personally, could just be hormones playing tricks on your mind or it really could be your cat (see ninja kitty video 😆) Anyways, I agree with Moongrim, as long as you do not see your own doppleganger you're fine, they are for the most part harmless.

Blessed be!
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
For a lot of people that take that religous against harry potter stand, I know families that are like that. There was actually a book someone I know got called "looking for God in Harry Potter" and it was actually listing out things that seem similar to the bible in the books of harry potter.

It had looked at things like Harry dying and then coming back to life to save Hogwarts. Similar to Jesus dying and rising again to go to heaven to save sinners.

I however am not one to say one view or the other is correct. Just wanted to put that in there.

As far as the doppelganger, I would be careful to try and decide if it is a doppelganger or a demon. Cause I have heard of demons taking the appearance of those that we are more comfortable around, or taking the appearance of a form that we would be comfortable with so that way we are less likely to get rid of them do to feeling attached to them.

Just wanted to put in my two cents. Hope it helped.

Peace
JustCurious
sirocane (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
If someone has not hurt you yet, I don't think it's a big problem. The laughter you heard was Probally a spirit trying to copy your sister.
Take care
Leah ❤
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
So long as you don't meet your own doppelganger, you've got not much to worry about. As it is, just continue to document your experiences here and don't take them too seriously, unless they try to warn you about something.

And yeah I agree, Religious Wackos have their pants on too tight when it comes to Harry Potter. I think it has more to do with a single mom doing well, than it was about magic and spooky stuffs.
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelganger
CDS (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
Spirits can attach to a person leaving others unaffected. The entities can feed off your energy.

I suggest you at very least clean your room.

Hopefully this is not the case, but often times is...

Best Regards,

Chris...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
loca_mocha,

You mention your age as being 13... There are many, many experiences that begin as an individual enters Puberty and then the experiences end once Puberty is over... Mostly Poltergiest type activity, but other types of paranormal things can happen...

If you wish I can post that cleansing/shielding Method that was mentioned (Thanks for that...) I use for myself and my Family...It's yours for the asking, but it sounds as if this may be just what ceciline has said and nothing to really worry about. It may escalate as your body matures and then stop completely once Puberty has passed. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and thank you for sharing this experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
lynrinth (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
Well, maybe you were seeing a doppelganger of your cat, but hearing your sister's laugh, I think spirits can mimick a person's voice, or laugher. As for cleansing your house, there is a commentor named Rookygin here on this site who has a home receipe for cleansing. Usually this is for the whole house, since your folks are against this, maybe you can just do your room. I also looked up his profile, and seems to be very knowledgeable in things like this. Maybe if you contact him, he might be able to help you. Or there is another commentor, Moongrim who will often put up a site address sometimes in his comments. I think Hollowhill.com? Anyway look up some of his comments, and maybe you'll see. I take your parents don't believe you? As your sister experience anything? You could always use the old stand bys, telling it to leave you alone, praying (whatever your beliefs are). So talking to your parents don't help? I guess all you can do is just watch and observe if anything else happens. If it still does, and it concerns you, then you can decide what to do. And always trust your gut. I hope you have someone to turn to. It does help. I suspect some people will give other advice too. Hopefully, that may help.
ceciline (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
first of all, I LOVE HARRY POTTER!
Hahah so with that said, I think it's just normal paranormal activity. (I believe that was an oxymoron), but what I mean is, activity that's not that bad. I had things like that happen to me in the house I used to live in. I'd hear stuff in the kitchen in the middle of the night, and see different people that didn't belong there. But it never got serious, I think they were just spirits letting me know they were there but that's it. I think that's happening to you, I hope I'm right and it doesn't get worse.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: