You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Smoking Mist

Real Ghost Stories

The Smoking Mist

 

Since my last story, I have been seeing this little mist floating around at various times. It looks like cigarette smoke, and comes towards my face, or just around the room.

One day, I was in history class, and my friend was talking to me. I didn't quite catch what she said, and looked up. And this smoke face-looking mist floats toward my face, and flies right past me, and disappears. I get scared, and turn around. I turn back towards my friends at my table, and they look like they saw it, too. I say, "Brooke,did you see that?" and she just stares at me for two seconds and goes, "Wait, what?" I say, "Guys, you saw that smoke thing right?" but they all say no. So I just pass it off as my eyes playing tricks on me.

The next day, I'm at school again, except this time in morning English. I'm just sitting there, reading this interesting book, when I have this urge to look up. And there's the mist again. This time, just cigarette smoke looking, like someone had exhaled. I kind of just stared at it, floating from right to left, kind of disappearing at the left. I squinted my eyes, shut them, rubbed them, opened them, looked up, still there. My friend Michelle asked me what I was staring at and I just said nothing and continued reading. At the end of the day, I'm walking home, and the mist seems to be floating in a nearby tree. I ignore it the best I can and just continue my walk home.

When I get home, I set down my stuff and head for the kitchen. I made myself some water and went upstairs to my room. After I finished my homework, I decided just to do whatever. I was being my weird self and started dancing in the mirror. I twirled and when I face the mirror again, The Girl in White in behind me. Except this time she has a sad, guilty look on her face. I'm so scared I can't even move. I can't even breathe. I hear a faint voice say, "Please, I won't do it again." And then she appears to be crying. I couldn't really tell because she disappeared quickly.

Last night my cousin Roe came over and we were just sitting, being regular teenage girls, when her phone goes off. She answers it, but no one replies. Five minutes later it goes off again, and this time someone says, "Please, I won't do it again." and it was so loud, Roe had to pull her phone from her ear. The voice hung up, and Roe threw her phone on my bed. She left saying she'd be right back. So I stood up for some unknown reason and look in the mirror. There she was again! The Girl in White, only this time... Her eyes were...clouded. They looked lost and afraid. And coming from her mouth... Was the smoking mist.

Anyone have an idea of what she might be trying to tell me. I want to say the smoking mist and The Girl in White are related, but I'm not so sure. Questions and comments are welcome.

Other hauntings by PatientListener

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PatientListener, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Buffymaate (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
by the end it sounds like she smoked once and got caught and was sorry but hey I wouldn't know.
And I've seen smoke before, it looks like cigarette smoke. I see it everywhere. Once I saw a face in it.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
OMW, you don't think that the girl has something to do with 'the man'? Why was he hitting and hurting you when you were a little kid? Perhaps he did the same to her when they were both alive...?
Perhaps when he hit her she told him please, she won't do it again...
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
I read your story twice, very intriguing. I know it's difficult but try to find out the history of your house. Sounds like this girl is sorry about something se did. Maybe she needs your help to pass over to the other side. Like she is seeking for forgivenes of some sort. Perhaps if you tell her she is forgiven, it will do the trick, but perhaps it goes much deeper than that... 😐 ❤
mysterPOO (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-31)
Nice story. I really liked it. Thank you for sharing,TakingSuspense.
Do post your story more... 😊
TakingSuspense (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Thanks for the suggestion,Kyro,I will definitely try that!
😁
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-30)
Wow, that's incredible. I found myself feeling a little sorry for the Girl in White... It makes me wonder why she's so upset! But, maybe, she's just upset about the fact she freaked you out? If you see her, or the mist, again... Just go ahead and say "It's alright, you're forgiven" or sommat. Maybe it'll work.
TakingSuspense (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-29)
I forgot to mention this was the first time I had seen The Girl in White in a while. I'd see glimpses but this was the first time I had seen the full her in about a couple of months or so.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: