You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Lucy

Real Ghost Stories

Lucy

 

I have had one other experience that I really want to share. As I mentioned in another story, I work at a retirement home and although I work in the kitchen I am still able to get to know many of the residents. I have met some very sweet, loving, and interesting people and I love it.

There was one lady, Lucy, who was a real character. She was outgoing and fun socializer. She was very optimistic, I don't think I ever saw her in a bad mood actually. But what I loved about her was that she had tons of beautiful jewelry. Literally tons! Supposedly she ordered off of the QVC infomercials a lot. But I never saw her without three or four sparkling bracelets, a necklace, earrings, and/or a broach that always matched perfectly. She also had jewelry for any/every holiday known to man. She dressed like she was making an entrance and proud of who she was -thats what I loved about her. Plus it made me imagine what she was like when she was younger, and I always envisioned her a knockout and classy.

Anyway, sadly back in May she died rather unexpectedly. When her family came to start going through her stuff a week or so later, from what I understand, they were overwhelmed with the amount of jewelry she had and did not really have anywhere to store it all, so they offered to let the staff members go through it and take what they wanted. Sound werid? I thought it did too, but honestly that is probably what Lucy would have wanted, because she loved everyone who worked there and was a very generous person. That didn't really make me feel any less weird when I was looking through her jewelry, but then it also occurred to me that this was a part of her that she really enjoyed. She loved to get all dressed up and decked out in jewelry and it would be a great way to remember her. So I got several beaded bracelets and two necklaces.

The next day I was getting ready for class and putting on my already large collection of bracelets (I'm kind of a hippie in that respect) and decided that as my own personal tribute to Lucy I would wear all of her bracelets. So I did. All day I kept noticing a weird tingling/buzzing feeling going up both of my arms. I have heard that sometimes a person's energy can attach to objects especially if the item was significant to them, and that occured to me throughout the day, and even more so at night when I took off the bracelets and the sensation stopped. The next day I decided to skip the bracelets and wear just a necklace and see if I notice anything. Sure enough I felt the tingling feeling from my neck down to my waist. Part of me is really excited about that because it's a part of Lucy that will never go away, but part of me is still unsure. Am I just overly excited and reading too much into it? I would love to hear any thoughts or feedback as to what you think! Thanks so much!

Rea

Other hauntings by luckkyme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luckkyme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Oh I love it too teenagewitch, it makes me feel like she is right there with me whenever I wear it. I understand what you mean completely, thanks for reading I appreciate it. 😊
teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
i really liked story, I have a similar feeling with a necklace I received when my nan passed away and never thought of it as a bad thing, to me it sounds to like lucy is glad her jewellery is still being worn and not stored in a box somewhere. And if as you say she was a kind and generous person I wouldn't be worried about it. 😊
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Thanks everyone! Argette, I really do love the residents, I think of them like family kind of. We may not always agree or even like each other but at the end of the day I can't picture not having them in my life.

Zzgranny, I love that! Haha, she sounds like a character. I love that though, she still loves her life and herself and has fun that's so great.:) You know I didn't really think about it at the time, but the bracelets and necklaces I picked were things that were beaded -not as sparkly and dressy as her other jewelry. But there was one necklace a large gold cross necklace, that really isn't my style and I can't honestly tell you why I picked it, it maybe like you suggested, perhaps it picked me?

Jav thanks again for you're nice comment, I surely hope I'm continuing her tradition:)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-03)
Rea,
I agree with all the previous posters. Lucy had an energy in life that has transferred to the jewelry. Makes perfect sense to me. You said she liked to make an entrance. Looks like you're helping her continue that tradition.
Thank you for sharing. 😊

Jav ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
luckkyme: Your story reminds me of an elderly lady who shops at my store...She's 92 years old, always impeccably dressed, perfect makeup, and she wears stiletto heels!😆...She lives alone and drives (that's kind'a scary though!😆) herself where ever she needs to go...

I think you're right in thinking you feel Lucy's energy on her jewelry... Can you say whether the pieces you chose had a certain feel to them, like you were drawn to them?...They may have chosen you!

Thank you for posting, and if you have any more experiences, I would love to read about them...
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
It really doesn't matter what caused you to feel that way, it is a wonderful feeling and by wearing her stuff, you can always feel the connection between you and her. How great is that?
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
I love this story, too! As I said in another post, Rea, I think you have an incredible connection to the people you work with. It comes through in the way you write about them and the respect your showed by how you thought about Lucy's jewelry and what it meant to share it.

I think the jewelry picked up her energy, as Happy suggests. What a wonderful tribute to her spirit. Who knows what owning these parts of Lucy will mean in the long run? Rest in peace, Lucy. 😁
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
What a great story! My take on the tingling is that it's a combination of Lucy's energy (she had a strong, vibrant magnetic personality, so yes, her things would still have her energy) and your connection to her and positive thoughts towards her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: