You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Second Ghost Hunt - Warwick Castle

Real Ghost Stories

Second Ghost Hunt - Warwick Castle

 

The experiences of my first ghost hunt intrigued me enough to set out on a second hunt this time at Warwick Castle. What better place to spend a night in the dark. I will recite one of the most memorable experiences of the night.

For those of you unfamiliar with Warwick Castle, it is a post-medieval castle that was held by the parliamentarians whilst under siege by the Royalists during the first English Civil War. It is open to the public and has been "prettied" up to account for public trade. This "prettying" up includes mannequins dressed in period clothing dotted around the grounds and buildings, coming across these in the dark accounted for a few brown trouser moments.

Anyway enough of the history lesson and back to the story. The area we performed our vigil was a long corridor with two open rooms leading off and third room that was blocked with iron bars.

Four of us stood spaced out along the corridor with our backs to the wall (I say four, one of us was actually sat on a log pile.)

Each of us held a fluorescent ball on the fingers of one outstretched hand and a wrapped sweet in the other, the idea was to have the ball or sweet moved.

We stood for a few minutes with no activity, probably looking as silly as we felt when a sweet was heard hitting the floor at the far end of the corridor, followed by a whisper from my brother-in-law, "My sweets just moved, and I didn't even touch it." Speaking to him later he says it was like the sweet was flicked from his hand.

The ball in my hand then rolled off my fingers to the centre of my palm but I believe that either movement as I responded to my brother-in-law or standing with my hand stretched for so long was the cause of the movement. But this would only be the start.

My mom (sat on the logs, and yes, very much a family thing going on here) let out a small squeal as the log underneath her moved spilling her onto the floor. In her words it rolled in place.

I felt pressure on my finger tips forcing my hand downwards, allowing my sweet to fall to the floor closely followed by my uncle (family theme again), losing his ball.

My mom, who had sat back on the log, was spilt back onto the floor by the logs moving under her again and replaced sweets and balls continued to move from hands. In my case, my hand was forcefully pushed down again.

My mom was pushed from the log pile a third time, when she decided enough is enough and moved out of the area. It was at this time when I felt a pressure pushing against my back. My back was to a solid stone wall. I found myself having to press back in order to remain standing in the same spot, but the more I pressed back, the greater the pressure on my back increased until eventually I was forced forwards. (I was later told that a shadow had been seen behind me and the presence of a male had been sensed by someone else.)

My partner who had been involved in an unsuccessful table tipping experiment in one of the open rooms had moved into our corridor at around the time I had first felt the pressure on my back. She was positioned with her back to the room blocked with iron bars and had only been stood a minute or two when she was shoved hard from behind.

Other hauntings by SmokenMirrors

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SmokenMirrors, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Yep, they were in 2 episodes, but I can't recall their titles.
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-30)
Wasn't there a Dr Who episode with shop manniguins that came to life also? Now that's just creeped me out.

No worries Wishful I won't hold it against you 😉
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Yeech, thanks to Dr. Who, I now have a phobia of angels. There was a killer angel episode with David Tennant also, Voyage of the Damned I think it was called. Seriously creepy.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Smoken, perhaps those people who placed the manniquins should see the Doctor Who episode 'Blink' with the weeping angel statues. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Your comment cracked me up! 😆 yeah I would have been hi-tailing it out of there! Oh, no- I went to vote you up, but my darn tablet voted it down...! I'll find another comment of yours to up-vote now! Sorry about that!
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-29)
Apparently the ball and sweet had to be held because it created more energy around the object. I'd never tried it before so went with the flow on this one.
If we experience something like this in the next hunt i'll try placing the objects on the floor and see what happens.
Val, my mom was fine, think she was more intrigued as to what was going on than anything else.
Wishful, if one of the mannequins had moved I think my story would of been a lot shorter 😆
They were off putting even after you learnt where they were.
WishfulNull (151 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Lol...brown trouser moments! 😆

I also wondered why you decided to hold the objects instead of setting them on the floor... But the personal experiences you had -being shoved, having your fingers pressed upon... Very interesting indeed! I thought when you mentioned the mannequins, that your story was going to involve one of them moving on it's own! (Shudder...ughh...talk about brown trousers!) thank you for sharing this experience! Best Wishes to you,
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-28)
Hi Smoken,
Very interesting. Curious though, why were a ball and sweet not just placed on the logs or floor to see if they would be moved? This would have ruled out any human movement. Your poor Mum! I hope she didn't suffer any pains from her spills? And to be shoved from behind too! Yep, I can definately see there being some 'brown trouser' moments not affliated with manniquins.
I enjoyed the read!
Val

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: