You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Spirit Games

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Games

 

I have just completed my third ghost hunt. Unfortunately this one didn't have the same level of activity as the first two but still had a few moments to take away and think about.

The experience that left the biggest impression happened completely by accident. I had been doing a lone vigil in a small bedroom. Unsuccessfully I might add. My uncle who I have done all my hunts with came to find me and suggested another room that he had been having some success in.

The room was at the top of the building with one widow that over looked the back grounds. Apart from some abandoned bar chairs and a random stuffed toy the room was empty. Lighting a candle that was on the window ledge we turned off our torches and tried calling out. We got some noises from the far corner but after investigating we ruled these out as another group leaving to find another area to investigate.

My uncle suggested going back to the glass moving which he had got going whilst I was in the bedroom. Finding what we thought was a suitable place we placed the glass down and asked for it to be moved. We got a prompt reply with the glass trying to move in a large circle.

We quickly found that what we thought was suitable wasn't as the glass kept catching and toppling over.

Been polite we shouted out that we were going to get a table and would be back.

The first table we came across was a heavy round table with a faded chessboard printed on the top. We placed the table down in the center of the room and placed the overturned glass in the center of the table with our fingers gently resting on it. We called out if the spirit was still with us. The glass again moved circling the chessboard image until we asked it to stop.

Indicating which side of the table would represent yes and which side for no we asked if the spirit could play chess. (Uncles idea)

The glass moved to yes. My uncle asked if it wanted to play, again the glass moved to the yes side of the table.

We told the spirit to take first move and the glass moved over the board stopping on a pawn square and then slowly moved again forward two squares. (My knowledge of the game doesn't stretch to knowing the names of the squares.)

My Uncle gave his move indicating it with his finger. The glass moved again as soon as my uncles finger left the board first indicating the knight's starting square and moving up the board to indicate the finishing point.

Yes without physical pieces this would have gotten hard to follow, but another member of our group joined us interrupting the game after only two moves.

Other hauntings by SmokenMirrors

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SmokenMirrors, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Val, Pete is my cousin, but yeah the was something about him that Ginny wasn't impressed with.

Would be interesting to go back with a full chess set and see what happens. Even if we could just leave the board set up and see if anything moves whilst we are not there.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Evidently, you were posting while I was composing. How well do you know this Pete? Obviously there was something about him Ginny didn't like.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Smoken, you mean the spirit refused to play any more when the other member entered?
Maybe, if you could, you and uncle should go back there with a chess set and see what happens. Still, even at just two moves the incident is quite interesting and shows an intellegent haunting at work.
SmokenMirrors (6 stories) (78 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
I toyed with adding more or not but as the story was getting a bit long left if off.
Ill narrate the rest now.

After the other member joined we were unable to get the game going again.
So we went back to glass moving. We indicated the yes and no ends of the table again and asked if the spirit was still with us. The glass moved to the yes side. We asked if they still wanted to play and the glass moved to no.
One of the group members is into table tipping so we asked the spirit if they wanted to do that and the glass moved to yes.
We tried to get movement on the table but found it would only rock if me and my Uncle were at the table and the other member took his hands away.
Whilst doing this another group joined us with a Oujia board.
We decided to use this to try and make better contact with the spirit. We got it working straight away and found the spirit to be a young girl called Ginny who had lived at the location. We asked why she didn't want Pete (Lad who had interrupted the game) touching the table. Well we got a not so nice for letter reply.

I can only assume she wasn't impressed he interrupted the game. We said our goodbyes at this point and closed the board to move into a new area.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
Hi, you had my interest going. But what happened after the game stopped? Could you establish contact with the entity again? It seems as if the story, like the game, stopped abruptly.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: