You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Twin

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Twin

 

When I was in the 4th grade I had a strange occurrence. To this day I am still unsure what to make of it but I know that it frightened me then and I still can remember even though it happened 14 years ago.

I lived with my Grandma growing up. My Grandma and I would share a bed together. A lot of the times we were there by ourselves. Other times her other grandchildren, who were adults, would stay from time to time until they found some place to live.

The house was built sometime in the later part of the 18th century, the exact date I do not know. I do not know who the original owners of the house were, all I know is that my Grandma grew up there and then inherited the house once her Mom had passed away.

I grew up reading books. My grandmother inspired me to read. One of my favorite series of books to read was R. L. Stines Goosebumps. I loved these books and would check them out at the School Library. I also grew up with a fascination for ghosts/spirits. However, I used to get scared when the occasion arose, ie scary movies/shows/books, etc.

This particular night I was reading The Haunted Jack O Lantern. I was kind of bored with the book and at the end of all Goosebumps books begins a new story to another book in the series. This story was about a ghost boy I think. It had something to do with a ghost. Anyways, I started reading it but became spooked. Not because of anything that happened but I was 8-9 years old and sometimes I got spooked for no apparent reason.

That night my Grandma had already gone to bed and so I was the only one up. I went to bed shortly after I got spooked. I went and slept with my Grandma that night like I have done so many times. Anyways, I fell asleep only to wake up in the middle of the night in the dark and sit up in the bed why I did that I don't know. I had seen this girl that looked identical to me sitting at my Grandma's vanity which I was also sharing with my Grandma at that time. Her hair was pulled back into the ponytail the same length and same spot as I would wear mine at that time. I could tell it was me but I could only see the side of her face and her back. She was sitting at the vanity fluffing these artificial flowers that my Grandma had on the vanity.

I sat there in the bed looking at this person that looked like me and suddenly got scared when I realized what I was staring at. My Grandma's bedroom was at the front of the house and the street lights were coming through the window although there was curtains. I could see clearly this look "alike". This was probably less than a minute of me staring. Once I got spooked I reached for my Grandma who was sleeping and hid under the blankets because that's what kids do when they're scared, I was so scared but eventually fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up and remembered the experience that I had and was still petrified. I ran out of the room even though it was a sunny day. It scared me so much that I stopped reading Goosebumps.

I don't know if the story of the ghost had anything to do with it but I was always a big fan of the books and never had anything happen before. I don't have anyone in my family history who looks like me so it can't be like a decedent, etc. It just really scared me.

Now that I'm grown I can still vividly remember that night but I have no answers as to why I saw what I saw. I wanted to call out to it but I was scared that it was going to do one of those slow head turns and I was not having that. It couldn't of been my reflection because the way the bed was positioned was against the wall not near the window. You couldn't even see my shadow and also even if that was a possibility, what could explain me actually seeing this thing fluffing the flowers on the vanity? I still have no answers and as of now that's all I can remember.

If anyone has any answers that would be great. It's possible I was dreaming but I don't think it was a dream. I know what I saw and I believe that it was real. I just don't know why I saw it or what it meant. I haven't had any more incidents like this. It was a onetime thing. It could have been a dream but if anyone has answers I appreciate your input. Thanks!

Also, I don't know if this would have anything to do with it but my Grandma's Mom had passed away in the living room which is right next to the bedroom. Like when you come in the front door you're in the living room and as soon as you come in the door to the left was my Grandma's bedroom. No one was in the house except for myself, my Grandma and the dog who didn't bark or nothing but this thing was quiet. I have scary dreams before that I have felt real but I have always known I was dreaming this just didn't feel like it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sammymarie1221, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sammymarie1221 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-17)
Hi, Guys, haven't been on this site for almost a year. Anyways, I wanted to give an update. As mentioned before this vivid memory/dream hasn't happened since. I still don't know what I saw if it were a dream/future/doppelganger, etc. I wish I knew. I can still vividly remember it as if it happened yesterday. Anyone who I've told this story too has no idea and some don't even believe. It just didn't feel like a dream. I rarely remember my dreams and when I do it's never anything remotely close to this. I just don't know what it could have been. I watch/listen to Ghost Stories, etc. I prefer the "real stories" and haven't had anything like that happen. I don't want it to happen either, just the fact that it has imprinted on my mind going on 15 years and being so vivid leads me to believe that it wasn't a dream. It's very plausible that it was but nothing of significance became of that incident, so I don't know what the purpose could have been? I guess, I will have to chalk it up to being a dream and maybe it having something to do w/Goosebumps, I don't know. Has anyone else experienced a "dream" like that, where you can still recall almost every detail & still get a tad bit spooked even after all these years?
Hahiha (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
I was always too scared to read Goosebumps, and like valkricry said it could have been the future as our REM sleep sometimes allows us to see the future. It has happened to me before.
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
Wow. I can totally relate to you about that part where you're fascinated with ghosts/spirits and then when you're experiencing or watching it it's pretty scary right? Lol. 😆
Anyways, my theory is that it's your/a doppelganger.
Thanks for posting and more stories to come! 😊
*Kai ❤
dEadSilence (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
There is a half awake, half asleep state you can only experience in a particularly restless night. In this state, you have control over your own body, can see, move, etc. Anybody under this state is usually rather tired, because their body is trying to put them back to sleep. Unexplainable sights, sounds, and even reportedly tastes can be experienced in this state, like a dream mixed into reality. This can also cause you to wake up in the middle of the night, as you have stated. Similar to sleepwalking, children are more prone to it.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
sammymarie, that's the thing about 'projections', as I think of them, they seem very, very real. They aren't really dreams, or reality.
Another thought I had (because it has happened to me), perhaps you caught a tiny glimpse into the future? Everyone seems to think these only happen with life changing or OMG! Moments, but quite often they are mundane. You'd have to really think if there was a time after 'seeing' yourself, did you fluff those flowers?
sammymarie1221 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
Thank You both for your input. I greatly appreciate it. Valkricry, you could be right. It's possible that it could have been a dream. It felt real. If it were a dream this is the only time I have had a dream with this much signifgance. I remember everything to this day clearly. It's still spooky to think about. Ghostlysmile, lol I hope that wasn't my doppleganger but the resembalance was uncanny. Again, thank you both for your input, it has helped me to put some clear perspective into the Dream/reality. 😁
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
Sometimes if we awaken during a dream, it gets 'projected' onto reality. So it's possible what you saw was your dream self. It only lasts for a minute or two. It's like dreaming with your eyes open. You aren't asleep, but not truly awake either.
ghostlysmile (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
I was also a great fan of goosebumps, but now I don't get time to read it, I think it was your doppelganger, it means a ghost or twin of a living person, I have also heard that when you come face to face with your doppelganger you may die but, for God sake nothing happenend to you.

Ghostlysmile

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: