You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Investigations I Have Done

Real Ghost Stories

Investigations I Have Done

 

1 Anstruther, Fife, Scotland. This was my first investigation 8 years ago. There was a lot of sounds of footsteps and gravel shifting, like they were standing on gravel. The floors were wooden and carpeted so hearing footsteps just should not happen when you are walking light footed. Also a lot of light play. Although we couldn't find where it was coming from, we had no evidence to support this claim and had to leave this as a personal story. This seemed more to be residual than anything so we told the client they were only there because they loved the place.

2 Burntisland, Fife, Scotland. A lot of missing items with no footsteps leading to the items. We believe this was due to human contamination.

3 Wemyss, Scotland, Castle. We caught a lot of strange noises and a possible EVP. Everything seemed to be residual here. There was nothing more to do than leave the place in peace.

4 Crail, Scotland, Balcomie Castle. There was nothing here apart from feelings of dread every time we asked how they died, making us believe that it was residual and didn't know they were actually dead.

5 Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland. Abott House. A lot of the group felt happy in here while others didn't feel any different. All in 6 of our 10 strong team felt this weird happiness when we entered and felt dread the minute we left. As this is multiple personal experiences we made sure to record the differences and told our client. This could not be classed as any kind of haunt since there was no evidence or sounds at all and after 6 hours we left.

6 Isle Of Man, Castletown, 5 private residences. This started of within 2 buildings, where for 2 hours nothing happened. Then when we all got in teams of 3 (there was 16 of us) and hit all of them at once, we all witnessed the sound of footsteps as if someone had run from building 1 into 2 then 3, 4 before stopping on the steps in front of one of our team members in 5. It took 6 hours before we realised it seemed to be in order like this. It was caught on EVP in buildings 1 (the building I was in), 4 and 5 where it finally stopped like a deer in headlights. It seemed every time we got close to whatever was haunting these buildings, it would move to another part of the same building or a new building completely. Because of this, we believe this is an intelligent haunt that doesn't want caught on camera. This is still an ongoing case for us as it is still happening now.

7 Isle Of Man, Douglas, Offices. There was a lot of sounds and feelings in here so after 2 hours I took out my EMF Meter and found high EMFs throughout so the investigation became invalid as the sounds could all be part of hallucinations that could happen due to EMF being so high. When reviewing on the spot to know if we had any reason to stay, there was a high humming throughout so we believe they never shut off the power properly so we have said we will go back in April 2016 to do another investigation and turn all the power off ourselves.

8 Campbelltown, Scotland, Private Bar. Noises throughout and some weird EMF hits which we couldn't find the cause of. This seems to be residual and we left knowing the bar owner was happy.

9 Lochgilphead, Argyll, Scotland, Private. A child was haunted by a old man. Even though we were in Madrid (more on that later), we got the first flight back to help out a terrified mother. There was sounds throughout, mostly being screams and voices like it was trying to scare us away (this was definitely not going to happen). We told him he was a coward trying to scare a little kid and everything picked up. Thankfully we got him to move on using a technique, using the mother to tell the spirit she doesn't want him there. This is still a ongoing case. Thankfully, since we investigated nearly 3 years ago, there has been no more old man.

10 + 11 Orkney, Skara Brae and near area. Weird lights and sound but as this was a outdoor investigation, it was extremely difficult to do. The lights and sounds made us believe this was a case of intelligent haunting and just didn't want to show itself to us.

12-16 Thornton, Fife, Scotland. Team members house 4 investigations, a lot of sounds of footsteps and 4 footsteps burned into the wood. After we did a little research, we found out that above the last steps was an attic door that was boarded up. Could this have been the last steps of this spirit's life ingrained on the wood? After taking a sample of the wood, there was nothing different about this wood.

17 Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland, 2 private houses. This was a clear case of an intelligent haunt with a prankster spirit. Whenever we entered one building, there was sounds from the other building. We still caught the sounds on EVP recorders left in the buildings. We also caught one EVP of giggling that almost sounded like a child.

18 Crookedholm, Scotland, farm near. Odd squeaks and growls making any possible evidence impossible to find. We believe they had a vermin infestation, making any investigation pointless.

19 Dumfries, Scotland, Private Pub. Glasses were thrown and missing items of clothing left out. We could not understand this case. Nothing for 6 hours and then this all within 10 minutes. If it was wanting us gone, why not throw glasses at the start? Did it get bored of us or did it want us to leave? Personally we have no idea but we do believe this was an intelligent spirit.

20 Galasheils, Scotland, Private Bar. After 7 hours investigating, all our equipment got destroyed after it got pushed over. This was our most recent investigation and the scariest. People getting chairs moved in front of them when walking and one person felt like something tried to push her up the stairs. After everything got destroyed we left and the client hasn't been in contact since. So we believe that something didn't like the camera and all recorders we had running as either they were destroyed, except from only one recorder out of ten that somehow erased itself during the investigation as we caught the first and last ten minutes.

21 Bakersfeild, California, Bar. Lots of weird feelings and sounds, but no evidence to back it up.

22 Donegal, Ireland, Farm. Owner was too scared to let us out on the fields in case we annoyed any Elementals. Inside there was a lot of movement towards the back of the house. Any time anyone tried to investigate the back rooms they instantly felt scared as if someone didn't want them there so me and my teammate (let's name him Jim as he looks like a Jim) Jim went into the kitchen and we both saw something run towards us. It was about 4 foot 6 tall but very wide in stature. Jim had to leave the house after this as he felt dizzy and very scared as if he was dying. To this day he has no recollection of this happening. We believe he was touched by this spirit and made to feel whatever the spirit last felt as a human. We obviously have no proof to what happened but Jim has been investigating for 29 years and this is the only time this has happened. This was clearly a case too hard to crack as we believe we could have got answers outside. Six weeks later I woke up to a phone call from a family member of the owner, telling me the owner had died.

23 Bundoora, Australia, Mental Asylum. The second we entered here, we felt uneasy until about 3 hours in, 4 members (myself, Jim and 2 others) out of 6 of us felt instant dread-like emotions was very had to brush of and no explanation why. This is still a ongoing investigation. We never heard any sounds and the EMF was dead flat.

24 Odenwald, Germany, Frankenstein Castle. As we were outside most of the investigation we didn't catch anything but sounds of us coming to change tapes in our cameras.

25 Madrid, Spain, Church. In here we caught a lot of sounds of moving stones and nothing else. We believe the language differences were what caused us to catch nothing.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Goggzy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Goggzy (2 stories) (62 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-27)
Ok so after reviewing all the video footage we found some mist like anomalies. Also on thermal we caught a weird shaped humanoid (this could be a real person) outside the house seemed like 1 arm was dragging across the ground weird yes angle doesn't help though.

We have decided to let the family know our findings and we did delete all audio it's just too tainted.
Goggzy (2 stories) (62 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-12-25)
Ok pretty weird bump but don't feel this worthy of its own story.

We recently were on a case which we believed to be affecting a young child and teenager.

For what it's worth I think we may have been to quick to judge.

So at the start of December we got a email asking for help, which was offered pretty much on the spot (This was a mistake). After we found out some of the claims questions we're asked around the team, did we feel they were being truthful, how to handle it if it was etc.

Ok so on to some of the claims. First I must make it known they originally claimed it started after the youngest was born, but also said the teenager had it worse when he was 3-4. Now there is 10 years difference between the kids. We let all this go even the other stuff that didn't make sense like when asked if there's anything physical in one interview they answered no, then later said the teenager was being attacked nightly.

So first thing we noticed when we entered the house, was a sign stating the house was haunted by a previous tenant (Later after researching found this was the mum's grandad who never lived in Scotland pretty obvious lie). They also tried to show some photos which are clearly fake (happened to be a pretty famous building in Ireland that we have investigated)

So after we got as much information as possible we went to set up, I guess the family didn't realise we we're recording already as right in front of one camera, they we're talking about how the youngest kid should go upstairs and scream in pain, obviously that's a red alarm but the kid actually did it (no one was watching at the time). A few hours later and what we thought was pretty bad but when the dad asked the teenager to deliberately fall down the stairs and pretend to be pushed (which we had someone watching at this point) we told them we had no interest in continuing the investigation with them there.

We realised there was a lot of faked "evidence" first the knocks they heard and we heard later turned out to be rig in the wall.

We also heard a lot of weird noises around the house this later turned out to be them connected to Bluetooth speakers in the house playing sounds (This was found out after they left and one of our team members connected to the speakers accidentally).

But almost every team member claims to have seen something in the house. Still to finish reviewing evidence but that's the only thing we couldn't disprove before review because off them trying to take so much.

Obviously any knock or bang even voice has to be classed as tainted at the very least.

Now if we find footage we have to let them know but they want a second investigation with them nowhere near the house. We definitely have decided not to.
Goggzy (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
Yeah I know I obviously tell my daughter no but as I investigate and her mums a believer she is brought up around the equipment etc.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
aww that class start them while there young eh lol that's what I mean with kids these days there wide to everything
Goggzy (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
My daughter is like that she wants her own emf meter EVPs recorder etc. To catch her own evidence.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
haha kids these days are too wide I just caught my son with my phone I said to him I have told you not to touch my phone tyler and he says I was looking at the time lol yeh you can't tell time your 5
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
yeh and even at that kids don't get scared like they did years ago... My kids watch some pish called 5 nights at freddys on you tube its meant to be a game where creepy looking teddys jump out on you and just even with how people are brought up these days would probably think seeing a ghost is as interesting as paint dry so good old fashioned scares are out the window
Goggzy (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
Yeah I really think modern tv is stupid (most haunted the most because it was faked for awhile) this makes people less aware of there suroundings or want to hunt ghosts without being aware of dangers involved. We prefer not to antagonise spirits that have not tried to scare someone. When we do it usually involves kids the only time I antagonise spirits is when I think the spirit is a coward who only scares kids.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
yeh definatly and most likely would be very emotional... The first room wr went into was pitch black and what I can remember I'm sure there was a bit furniture and statues of people sone of us did get tapped on our shoulders but we just put it down to us the laddies in the group trying to scare people but to be honest modern day tv has took out my ability to get scared I just find everything funny lol
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
Annie's room yeah such a sad story with that room and the best place to investigate as atleast you know why someone would be there. I prefer to do places where I can get a emotional connection to the spirit.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
there one specific room that's full of teddys where there's meant to be a ghost of a young girl but unfortunatly that was one of the rooms we didn't get in
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
They keep some rooms shut due to toxins (usually asbestos) we were allowed in every room we wanted in but had to were masks to stop us being able to breathe the toxins in. We have asked if we could go back they have said yes when they are not at a busy time of the year (due to shutting down from 6pm to 5am)
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
yes and that is something we have a lot of lol especially up town during the fringe as the clubs are open until 5am

You should try doing the vaults again I didn't see anything strange when I went there but an old youth worker burst into tears but still don't know why... But mary kings close for sure as its streets underneath streets... I was quite dissapointed when I went there as a few of the rooms where closed off and we didn't get to see inside so yeh gutted
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
Yeah it is quite funny how people act. We are quite lucky that every member of our team can handle themselves in situations wether it physical, verbal or emotional abuse. We do have rules in place to stop verbal turning physical but it still happens via drunken idiots.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
well that's good that you have people looking out for you during investigations so you can concentrate on the work

You want to talk about vandals lol the wheeley bins in my street get set on fire every couple of days and its very annoying trying to climb over melted and no where to put the rubbish and all together there are 8 kids that live in my stair so there is a lot of rubbish
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
Lexi-loo

Yeah that's the worst part of Edinburgh my favourite moment was when a guy tried to push one of our female team members down stairs and the guy who did it was soon put on his back. We always secure the areas we investigate this means no one should be in the buildings we investigate and if they are the cops who are team members ask for permission before hand if anyone interferes to arrest them for trespassing (the clients usually like this as there usually a lot of vandalism on there property and if we deal with one vandal usually the rest stop) we did this at my uncles house (urquart) and since there has been no vandals
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
yeh I agree there are a lot of tourists who visit the graveyard especially when the festival is on (I hate the town during the festival)

Sorry to hear about your friend there certainly are a lot of little shi. Ts around here that would do that sort of thing
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
Lexi-loo

Yes we could but then there would be too much human contamination and we wouldn't be able to secure the area.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
can you not just go in and investigate I would have thought with it being a public place
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-30)
Lexi-loo

Yeah I know someone who was badly beaten up in there but when the police looked at the CCTV they never found anyone other than the girl who got beaten up (if anyone did do it there quite lucky the police never found out who they were as her husband is one of our team members who is a marine sergeant) this is why we want to investigate and unless the government bring us in (they brought us in to do R.A.F Leuchars) they wouldn't shut anything down.

Biblio

I think you hit the nail on the head with what you believe may be Brits and Americans not understanding each other.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
yeh true it is next to a court and a busy road lol

But there is also rumours that people have came out of there with bruises due to other spirits wanting revenge for the way the were mistreated... That would be a freaky yet intruiging one
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
Lexi-loo

Yeah I have thought about it before but it's a graveyard there hard enough to do without it being a tourist attraction one thing I love doing is investigating outside but you get all the traffic sounds etc.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
or just a suggestion you could investigate greyfriars bobbys graveyard

Alot of people claim to have seen little bobby sitting by grave of john gray... That would be a good but sad one to see the wee scotty sitting watching over his owners grave
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
Lexi-loo

Yeah we want to do it, we looked into it before but there would be too much human contamination for a investigation to work out well.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
do you think you would ever get to do edinburgh castle that would be an intersting one
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
Lexi-loo

Near the boat club it was a good investigation one that had a decent amount of evidence
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
oh where about if you don't mind me asking

And what part of cramond the beach the pub or cramond island

Sorry for the long reply my phone is taking its usual flaky
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
Lexi-loo

4 and one in cramond I love investigating Edinburgh with all the history.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
ah lol I hope they seen the funny side... Have you done many investigations in edinburgh
Goggzy (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-29)
Lexi-Loo

Yeah a few rookies have one did it in front of our client which is a big no for us you never run from anything how does this show us to be professionals if we run from what we are investigating, we do have a rule that if something freaks you out walk out and record what freaked you out and let someone else investigate the area. We also have fun on our investigations the odd prank (usually involving the client as part of it) as this keeps you aware of your surroundings.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: