You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Tap

Real Ghost Stories

The Tap

 

When I was just a young child of twelve years old I lived with my father and stepmother. This was the age where my dad and stepmom decided that I needed household responsibilities such as cleaning my room and the kitchen and a few others around and outside of the house.

Well I never really took to my new found responsibilities too well. I had so many better things to do, video games being the most important. This got me in trouble a lot so I had a personal resolve to work harder and actually maintain my suites duties and be a great son.

Now just to give a little background about my house, let me start by saying it was in a normal suburban American neighborhood. White fence blue collar average American home. Most importantly it was built brand new. Also this is an area where nothing really happens. It was just plain and boring and normal.

Well the keyword there is "was." I was home alone and with my newfound resolve I woke up ate and watched a TV show then I decided it's time to start my housework and where better to start than with the chore I dreaded above all others... The dishes. So I walk, determined, into my kitchen and turn on the faucet to start when I hear a scratching noise. I couldn't really pinpoint where it came from but I just thought oh a mouse well let's find it.

Little did I know I was about to have my first paranormal run in. I search the kitchen high and low for the mousey pest but nothing came of it. So I walk towards the living room. As I am about to cross into the living room I get a strong gut feeling to stop and just peek in it.

As I am peeking in the living room I feel two tiny child-like fingers press against my lower back as if to get my attention. I turn quick to find nothing was there of course. Now I was really really freaked out. So my natural defense is to turn on all the lights and hide in my room.

My parents come home to this find me in my room but the didn't knock on my door, they just came in and I nearly jumped out of my skin. My dad laughs and laughs but sees the pure terror on my face.

Later that night they call me into their room and me, still being afraid, is looking around everywhere for something "spooky." They look at me and say, "Brandon, have you been using drugs?" I give them a look like no? So I say, "No I'm not on drugs." (I'm twelve of course I'm not on drugs) so they say okay what is wrong then. I was very hesitant to tell them but eventually caved and did. I was expecting to be ridiculed or laughed at but then my dad smiled and told me, "It's happened to me twice, son. Both times I had just got done praying and maybe it's god trying to speak to you."

Well I still to this day don't have an explanation why or what but if god is trying to speak to me then I guess his message was "Don't do the dishes".

Other hauntings by razorback95

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, razorback95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-10)
Razor,
Great story. It is always scary the first time you encounter a spirit, especially if you are touched. I grew up with a spirit in my basement that didn't like me, and various spirits coming and going. I would find things outside under Pine tree like a very old Railroad spike and a very old watch like a Conductor would have, you know the type that had the chain on it but I never found the chain. I was young and because the watch was in the dirt for so long I opened the back to try to clean it but it was a lost cause because the spring was shot. The funny thing is I found both in the same place but not at the same time also in the same corner of the house where the spirit would stay in the basement.
Regards
Red
razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-07)
Tweed: thank you for taking what time you do have to help I will probably send you another email tonight because it has been another eventful day with this entity. And if my friend and I do meet up I will send the results of my investigation as well.
Dreamer: I don't put anything past my dad but he and my step mother weren't home. Also whenever my dad pulls a prank he is very VERY proud of it and will boast. But I had more experiences at this house that me and my dad and step mother have all experienced together but I've been very tied up with my apartments entity and haven't gotten around to writing my other experiences yet sadly.: (but I promise you all when my situation is a little more resolved I will have more stories. 😁
Thank you all for your feed back!
Razor
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-06)
loved your story razor and especially the way it ended. Maybe it was your dad pranking you 😆 😆 😆.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-06)
(Non-story related note) Razor, letting you know that I've received and read your email. Posting this here lest we play ping pong with spam folders. I am very busy at the moment (meaning the coming days/weeks.) But I will mull it over and reply at some stage, when I get the chance. In the mean time feel free to send me more info. I will read it, but it may take a few days for me to come up with anything substantial and type up a meaningful/helpful enough response.
Thanks for your patience.

(Sorry for derailing this story folks, please disregard this comment of mine it has nothing to do with the topic)
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-06)
actually when I do think about it I probably see kids this young smoking green (pot) at such a young age, its just hard to believe when your looking at the age in black and white, so young 😢 and it is even more sad when you think that people will sell drugs to kids... Just up the road from where I stay there is an alcohol shop and the shop keepers have been known to sell cocaine over the counter (illegally obviously) but it is truely disgusting to know that kids can get hold of just going into a shop.
razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-06)
Biblio: my parents were very wise to young teens ways as my step mom had three sons who did about every drug in the books so she was no fool to lies about drugs and such. My father was a very straight laced guy his whole life. The only drug he ever did was he smoked a cigarette once but never took to it. I will openly admit that later in my teens (age 15 to be precise) I dabbled with alcohol cigarettes and marijuana. I always had a fear of acid and hallucinogenic drugs because I had a lot of inner issues at the time so I didn't want to experience a "bad trip". All I do now is smoke cigarettes (my only and greatest addiction) and on very rare occasion I'll have a beer or two. But I commend all parents for taking action to steer their kids away from drugs. I've seen too many people destroy their lives who were close to me with drugs. But biblio as always you are logical and seeking out possibilities which I think gains you a lot of respect. Thank you all for continued feed back! You all don't know how grateful and honored I am to be in this community with you all.
Razor ❤
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-06)
Biblio, I wish I could upvote your comment repeatedly. Sadly, we've had similar things occur in our local schools.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-09-06)
A note for Lexi-loo and for Razor:

We've had a couple of freshmen in the last decade who've arrived stoned at 8 am., the first day of school; they'd be either 13 or 14 years old. They'd been smoking pot for 6-months to a year. Now, most of the kids live in various cities, and these "middle-school stoners" are the exception, not the rule, but I'd commend Razor's dad on 1) his vigilance and 2) his honesty about the supernatural once his fears had been allayed. (Perhaps, just perhaps, his dad has seen someone on a bad acid trip back in his youth, and was concerned that his son was undergoing a similar experience.) Either way, I'd rather deal with a concerned, engaged parent who didn't over-react than the multitudes of ignorant "my little angel's innocent" parents who just presume that their offspring are perfect because their parents' morals and attitudes have been inherited. Very few teens actually fall into that category!

-Biblio.
razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Mana: it has never happened again since that one time but I would still love to have some brownies around haha
Lexi: the scratching I agree with and I can honestly say I have no clue at all since its never happened I have no details to compare between two instances sadly.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
little trick about the dishes clean a dish whenever its been used thus reducing your dishes (I always wash as I go along)

And as for your dad asking if your on drugs at 12 lol shame on him

The scratching could have been a number of things, but the tapping on the back you said felt like a child... Maybe could have been a child trying to get some attention not knowing that theyve passed 😢 just a guess others may have different suggestions
Manafon (4 stories) (74 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Razor--Bonifaz may be onto something. Brownie's (not the tasty treats) are supposed to be twenty inches high and are often invisible. Folklore suggests that a way to get rid of a Brownie forever is to give them a gift of new clothes. Apparently the little guys like going around naked or in ragged clothes of coarse brown wool. If you feel a tap again and you want to test the Brownie theory lay out some tiny clothes as a gift 😁
razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Tweed: normally I would definetly say yeah someone was just pranking me but I was the only one home. And I have more to tell of this story of this house but I figured I would split the stories up as to be easier to read and understand and address comments and concerns. But also please tell me people picked up on my humor lol. This is a true story but since I look back on it and see I was posed no harm I figure might as well throw in some humor.

Bonifaz: I've actually never heard of the kind of brownies you mentioned. Me being a food addict immediately thought of the delicious dessert lol.
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
Hello,
The first thing that came into my mind was: a brownie (especially since you were doing the dishes).

Brownies are said to be helpful little creatures doing chores around the house.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-04)
haha, hi Razor,

I love this, and I've heard that scratch before. For me it was more like a scrape, still very odd.
I wonder if someone was hiding behind you (and previously your Dad) from whoever the heck was in the lounge. Very intriguing.

Thanks for sharing.
Take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: