You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Taps, Tinks And Toots

Real Ghost Stories

Taps, Tinks And Toots

 

As I have mentioned before, our current guest sure wants our attention.

I found myself wide awake Christmas morning about 2am. I tossed and turned before finally giving up on getting back to sleep. I quietly got out of bed and closed the door behind me as I left the bedroom. My hope was I would sit at the dining table and scan through some social media and get sleepy again.

As I sat there scanning, without the TV on, I could hear the different clocks in the house ticking away. I was there for about 10 minutes when I started hearing a tapping coming from the living room. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap... I stopped looking at my phone and listened to the odd tapping. It seemed to be coming from one of the area rugs the are covering the hardwood floors. The taps seemed deliberate and fairly loud.

Obviously it was happening in an area that was out my sight. Tap, tap, tap, so I eased out of my chair and crept toward the sound. I eased into the living area to the point I was almost able to see the spot and I stopped. Tap, tap, tap I needed to take only one more step to get a visual. Tap, tap, step...Yep, it stopped the second I came into view. I stood there for a moment to give it a chance to pick up again.

It kind of frustrated me stopping like that. I decided to have a seat in the living room on our loveseat. I patiently waited for the tapping to continue. After 10 minutes I decided it had done all it was going to do. I grabbed the remote and turned the TV on low in hopes of getting sleepy. As I sat there scanning channels I suddenly heard something.

The loveseat I was setting in was only a foot or so inside the living room. I was unable to see the whole dining area. Tink, tink, tink, the tapping had turned into an tink and was coming from the window directly behind the dining chair I had previously been seated. It had the exact same timing and loudness as the tapping that came from the living area that I now sat in.

I shook my head and grinned listening to the tink, tink, tink. I knew what was going to happen as soon as I stood up and took one step. So I had an idea, I grabbed the remote and readied myself with the mute button. Tink, tink, tink, MUTE, tink... HA I caught it doing one more but it quit after the last one. I almost laughed out loud. I ended up chuckling and said something like "got ya".

I got up and walked to the window and tapped it myself. It sounded exactly the same. I then went to the living area and started tapping on the floor until I found the general area that the sound first originated. There were different tones depending on how close one came to some of the furniture.

Fast forward to last week, I mentioned in a post of our little tooter. Jennifer and I finished eating, cleaned the kitchen and sat down in the loveseat to watch something on TV. Sophie was asleep on the ottoman in front of us when only a few feet from us came the unmistakable sound of someone/something passing gas. I kid you not. It wasn't thunderous or just a little bit. It was just a obvious as if someone standing 5-6 feet from us pooted. We just looked at each other and started laughing. That was a first for us.

It has me curious, does a spirit pass gas? I would think they wouldn't. So then it was just trying to be funny I guess? It was very funny. Has never happened before and hasn't since. This one has us expecting anything at any time. We are constantly hearing something over the past several weeks. We are thinking of coming up with something to keep it and us entertained.

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

Other hauntings by Wish-Not

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wish-Not, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-05)
Enlightened- I an glad you enjoyed my stories 😊.
We moved from that house a little over a year ago. It would seem nothing followed us. It's been like a vacation from the paranormal. Nothing has happened at our current location. So it appears they stayed.

However, I had dinner Saturday night at a restaurant just down from the courthouse I work in. It is an older building that was fixed up. Great food, great company and then a spirit showed up and ruined all of it. 😢 I will be working on getting this story written. May take a bit. I am still shook up over it. It was just a bad experience for me.
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-03)
Wish-Not,

After reading your first story, I was hooked! I decided to read all of them and I'm more than half way through... I find myself sitting on the edge of my seat when reading your stories! I don't know if you get on YGS anymore but just in case you do, thanks for sharing your experiences! I swear as I sit and read them, I often feel someone or something behind me and hear weird noises. Is your ghost a traveling ghost? Lol
Anyway, thanks so much for sharing!

BTW, I have experienced a lot of different things much like you have and that's why I like this website.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Kimmie- Sophie was fast asleep and didn't react to the toot. No, there was no smell that invaded our noses. Thankfully. But that's brings up the question I asked at the end of the story, do spirits poot? I wouldn't think they did so to us it was just trying to be funny.

But back to the question of the entity stopping when we walk in. I wonder why they do that. As I mentioned earlier that's not always the case. Ours has pushed buttons right in front of us. Just a couple of feet. It's in one of my stories, not sure which one. Maybe "Recent Indoor Activities", but it was a IN YOUR FACE type thing.

Glad you like the story. Thanks for reading.
KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
LOLOLOLOL... 😲 Now THAT is hilarious! I LOVE this story! Maybe the tinking and tapping was Santa. Did Sophie hear it (the toot)? You didn't mention a smell or that's a good thing. 😆 I sure wish whatever is in my home would do something funny! Mine is hateful. Thanks so much for sharing. Looking forward to reading more.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-30)
Well maybe try talking to it? Maybe that's why it keeps messing with you because it wants communication with you? I think it could be worth a shot. But I completely get you.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-30)
ifihadyoux- You know, as much as it has done over the last four years to prove to us that it is actually there, I still feel kind of funny talking to it. I find the act strange. Does that make any sense?

I am 100% sure it is there but I feel awkward speaking to it. It has not been a daily thing, stuff happening (other than the satellite thing), so maybe it's kind of lingering back? Ugh, I don't know.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-30)
Maybe you should tell your jester not to mess with your television because it's rude and then your jester won't be able to watch television either!
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-30)
Just a quick update. Our jester has choose not to do anything with the penny experiment. Curiously we started having issues with our satellite system. I realize they commonly do however it lasted for days, the same thing, but when the satellite person came to fix it, nothing was wrong. The issue was gone and they could not find anything wrong. Morning of day 5, yesterday, it had the issue. 2:45 in the afternoon it was gone.

I'm the first to say it would be a stretch to call it paranormal but it is curious. I know blah, blah, blah, rambling again.

I will let you all know IF there is a change with the pennies.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-28)
Bib- I'm glad you liked the story and welcome to YGS. That Simon Says is an interesting idea. We have thought of getting some type of cameras set up but have not.

I did do a thing where I traced around two pennies on a small sheet of paper and placed them where we would not disturb them. Two different ones but nothing has happened yet.

Thanks for reading
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-25)
Wish-Not,
This is the first time I've laughed aloud at a ghost story! As I only recently joined, this it's my first "Favorites" story.
I wondered if you could get an 80s or 90s electronic game ("Simon," "Speak-and-Spell," or "Bop-It") from a tag sale or charity store to amuse your prankster while you are not home? Setting up a webcam to watch may be informative, especially if you still have concerns for Sophie's wellbeing.
Best,
-Biblio.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-23)
terranigma- I'm not exactly sure IF it actually did pass gas, I DO know it made the sound of the act being done. And yes, our guest is quite the joker. It has impressed us many times with the length it will go to get our attention.

I keep calling it our "guest". It may have been here before we showed and thinks we are the guest. The thing is we have them coming and going many times over the past four and a half years so it's hard to tell.

Appreciate your comment.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-23)
notjustme- I was happy to have readers like yourself smile, grin and chuckle at my little pooter. I like the fact that it has the ability, with it's humor, to bring smiles and good feelings across all the different counties/readers. I have been thinking about letting it know that I have writing about it to see if would have any reactions to that fact. I have mentioned several times to Jennifer of stories being posted so If it was eavesdropping maybe it already knows.
Thanks for reading and commenting notjustme, much appreciated.
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-23)
That made me laugh when you said it passed gas. I never thought ghosts could do that. Maybe you have a spirit who is non threatening but likes to play practical jokes? Thank you for your story was a good read.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Great story Wish-Not. It was very light and humourous and I was grinning the whole time. I especially liked the part where you "caught it"...lol poor spirit was probably like "awww I'm caught. Fine, I shall fart" 😆
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Katiekhaos- I'm glad you enjoyed the story and yes, it is a playful one indeed. I have had to reprimand it before though. In the story "Recent Indoor Activities" it thought it would play with one of our smoke alarms. It got in trouble for that. But has not touched it since so it does listen. We think it wants attention from time to time. And it usually gets it.
Thanks for taking time to read and commenting.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
elnora- I'll have to make the point of buying some of those magnetic letters. I started an experiment last night. I took two small pieces of paper, placed two pennies on them and drew the outline of them. I wrote a "Y" in one and a "N" in the other. I put them in separate rooms in spots where they will not be disturbed from our normal routine. I spoke out loud saying that if it wanted to move something, try moving them. I did not say anything about the "Y" or "N". Figured if it choose to move them we could possibly use that part later. I have no idea if it will have any effect on it. I have never asked it to do anything other than telling it NOT to do something. Oh, I put both heads up on one piece of paper and tails up on the other.

Ifihadyoux- I like when I can catch it doing something when it's trying to trick me.

Thanks for reading and commenting everyone 😁
Katiekhaos (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
This had me laughing! It's great that you have a playful spirit!
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
Oh goodness I needed that laugh wish not. Thanks for sharing both of those encounters. Especially when you said "got ya" and the toot. Ughhhh. 😆
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-22)
It would have to be something simple and easy to write so it's not having to put all of the energy into telling people it's name I am a bit of a fan of Val's suggestion of Beanie:P but maybe ask it to spell it's own name?
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
Too cute. You might settle on a unisex name like 'Terri or Gerri. Or better yet, considering the gas passing, "Beanie". Thanks, I needed the giggle.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
MandyyNicole- I have only spoke to it a couple of times. First time told it to leave Sophie (our dog) alone and the second time is when it was mmessing with the smoke alarm. It hasn't touched the smoke alarm since. Not sure if it messes with Sophie while we are at work. Have thought about getting some of those magnetic alphabet letters to put on fridge. I have heard they have used this type of thing to communicate. It has the ability to push buttons, some with hard resistance, so figure it could scoot letters around. And can spell better than me.

Have any suggestions?
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
Hahaha, this is quite funny.:D

You could name it Anemoi. The Greek gods if wind:P
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
Oh my gosh this is hilarious. Your stories/comments always make me laugh. A ghost passing gas... I can't handle it 😆
Have you ever tried communicating with it? Just curious. 😳
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
BJJ- We get a kick out of them. They come across as a jester at times. Little things just to get a laugh out of us. And obviously getting our attention. I talked with Jennifer about naming him/she/it, however I sure didn't want to name it the wrong way (male/female)

And I really don't think it did fart, maybe mimic a fart? I don't know... But it was hilarious.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-21)
Firstly, thank you! I needed a laugh today. The idea of a farting ghost is just hilarious to me. Immature sense of humor, I know. 😆
It seems like you have a trickster on your hands. A little good natured mischief keeps things interesting. Curious, but amusing, situation you have here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: