You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Voices 2

Real Ghost Stories

Voices 2

 

If you have read my other story concerning voices you will know that in the past I have heard my name called and I have heard other voices and sounds that I am unable to account for or explain away. Some I am sure have every day causes, while others I just don't know.

I have another story that follows along the same lines that I wanted to share with my fellow YGS readers and posters. This time I was not the only one to have the experience. This all took place this past Friday, November the 2nd. I was in a meeting with my supervisor and the chief of operations concerning up coming projects and my soon to be departure from the island.

We were the only ones in or around the building as others had taken the day off, were out sick or were off site. We had just pretty much ended our meeting and were sitting around BSing, when out of no where a deep male voice called out "HELLO", my supervisor asked "what was that?" I told him it was someone calling out Hello. The chief of Ops said he hadn't heard a thing and asked my supervisor what he had heard?

My supervisor said that it had been a deep male voice, but that he wasn't able to make out what they had said. I told him that I had heard the same thing and that to me it sounded like they had said hello. A quick search of the building and the surrounding area confirmed what we had already known, that we were the only ones here.

Finally I can say that I am not the only one to hear something that can not be explained. My supervisor doesn't seem too comfortable discussing the matter, so I am not going to keep pressing him about it. I am just glad that he verified what I had experienced as well.

Thanks for reading this and I am sorry that it wasn't fright filled or overly spooktacular.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you all.

Other hauntings by Shane

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shane, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-03)
To all my YGS friends, readers and Authors. I am going to be gone for a few weeks as I move from my tropical paradise here on Diego Garcia back to my home in Southern Ohio. I look forward to reading all the new stories that are submitted during my absense. If you have any dire needs please ask our regulars I.E. Abby, Athena, Bell, and Kim to name a few, as they are quite capable of answering your questions and most know by heart what I would recommend. Hauntingly yours,
Shane

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you all.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
EBW9 no I have them try and enter my body. Gives me a cold chill everytime I think about it. Just doesn't occur as much like your whispers do. Thanks for the comment though.

Whitebuffalo, no problem, we all have to start somewhere. Unfortunately for me, my first encounters were scary events. LOL

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-14)
Thanks Shane. Things happen to me, but I haven't a clue on what is happening most of the time. Nothing like being a novice!
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-14)
Nice story Shane. ALeast you weren't trying to go to sleep and had someone whispering stuff to you. I hate that.

Blessed Be Ye
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Whitebuffalo to answer your question, residual hauntings are like a tape being played over and over. There really aren't any spirits involved. Now during an intelligent haunting spirits are involved and they interact with the living. Love TAPS can't wait to see where they go next.
I especially loved the Stanley Hotel, wish I could afford to spend a few nights there.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
This is a GREAT topic. In a residual haunting, is there a ghost present? Forgive my being naive, but I honestly do not know. I hear the music at times too, and my name being called, but that is a different tale all together 😊. I saw the TAPS on the Ohio Reformatory, and yes, the beam was shown. I can not recall what was said about it though. Thanks for your story.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Wow shane. I liked your story. I think the hello is from a ghost who is trying to make a friend. Or maybe just trying to make Contact. Well I'm not sure on what it wanted but I'm sure that in time you will find out more about it. Keep us posted. By the way thanks for being a big support for all of us. Its just like there isn't a lot of people expierienced what we have. There are others who won't except what they have seen. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Wow, guess this was a little more popular subject than I thought it would be. I will try and answer all your questions to the best of my abilities.

Haleybug, thank you for your comments. Actually I have become use to both. So no real surprises for me.

Hey Bell, that sounds like the Ohio Reformitory episode. Did they show a beam that said RED was here? I am looking forward to getting back home and checking out all the places I mentioned. Plus you never know what is going to happen before I leave here.

Kerri, your not a whimp, you just haven't had to experience the things that I have or to the same level. You kind of get use to it after a while. Not that I don't get startled every so often. I just don't let my fear over rule my senses.

Shelby, I wonder if this is not a more common occurance than gets reported. I really do think more people experience this and just pass it off as their imagination.

Luvparanormal, I have helpped many lost souls to cross over, but I am not so sure that this one is in need of help. I am thinking that it could be a residual haunting. But I could be wrong.

Shandi, it is most assuredly comforting to know that I am not losing my mind. I don't have any pictures currently. But once I begin my investigations back home I will be posting them with my stories here.

FRAWIN, now that you mention it, yes, I have heard music in the past, but not for a long time now. I have also heard voices as if they were far away or in another room. But not able to make out what they were saying. I once lived in an old farm house, the one where my story sleep interupted by spirits took place. Every night I would hear voices coming from a 1920s or 30s radio that hadn't worked in over 40 years. They were always male voices, but you could never make out what they said.

Thanks to everyone for your comments. If I missed a question or comment please just let me know and I will get back to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you all!❤
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Frawin, I have heard things like that. It has not happened in a long time but I used to hear it a lot as a teenager up until my mid-twenties. Periodically though, it wasn't all of the time but it happened enough to notice. It always seemed like it was a females voice speaking really low in another room like she was talking to someone else. The radio sounds, not so much. I think my house is too noisy now with having four kids and that may be why I don't notice things as much anymore. Or, also, I think it may have just been the places I was at. I know you asked Shane but I thought I would add my experiences that were the same. 😊 ~Shelby ❤
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Hey Shane, I was wondering if you ever hear music playing or people talking. The music is real low, barely audible and the people talking is like hearing someone talking in the next room. I hear this on a frequent basis. I was wondering if I`m the only one who hears music.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Well at least you know the voices really aren't just in your head,hehe. So are you going to post any pictures?
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Hi Shane,
I agree with Kim. I personally prefer these type because that helps to try to understand or learn things in referrence to these happenings.
I do wonder if maybe the voices are trying to reach you for help. Would you be willing to try to comunicate with them?
I just think that you have a gift and if you can help them that would be nice. Especially if your are helping them either cross over or find what they are looking for.
Just My theory!
😉
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Hi Shane! I, also, throughout my life have heard my name called. My daughter will come out of her room sometimes and say, "Mom, did you call me?" I say, "No, it's probably the ghost in your room playing with you!" 😆 She doesn't get freaked out because she's use to it by now. She has had a lot of paranormal experiences like me.
One time, about ten years ago, my sister was washing the dishes and she distinctly heard a male voice say her name, "Sharlo!" She knew her and her three year old son were the only ones there at the time so she was scared. She turned off the faucet and turned around and her son said, "Mommy, who was the man that said your name?" After hearing that from her son, knowing that it really happened, she looked all around the house and in the garage to see if maybe her husband had come home and he was in there, but no one was there except the two of them. Really creepy! I really don't hear my name called out too much anymore or as much activity. I think it is because the spirits can't get my attention since my kids are always loud, and calling for me and I'm just too busy and I blow off a lot of things that happen. I wonder when my kids get older and I have more time to myself if they are going to come back like they used to?! I hope not. I don't mind silly little, interesting activity but the scary stuff I have experienced in my life I don't want nor do I need it! Thanks for you story Shane! ~Shelby ❤ 😊
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Thank goodness I've never heard anything, thank goosness I'm such a wimp I'd be scared to death! Hahah thanks for the story Shane...Kerri
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Hi Shane! I'm thinking you might even have something more to tell us about before you get back. Now that you've caught the attention of someone/thing you might find he's looking for a friend! I'm really interested in your upcoming investigations and I can't wait to see what comes out of them. It sounds really exciting. We just started getting 'TAPS', the series, on the 'action' channel and I love watching! They were at a prison (not sure which) in the episode I watched on Friday. That poor Brian got such a scare, he ran like h*ll out of there! Try as they might, there were a few things they couldn't explain away. For the sake of interest, they caught a figure on film in the hallway that scared the jeepers out of Brian. They couldn't come up with anything when they tried to re-create what they had filmed. 😊
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
wow cool story shane I think if something spoke and I herd I would freak. Seeing ghosts isn't as bad as hearing them.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Hey Bell, thanks for the comment. I am hoping that once I return back to the states and get settled back in that I will have time to do some more research on a few place that I have been to as well as having had TAPS already check them out. Both of them being old prisons. One is the Old Ohio Reformitory where they shot Shaw Shank Redemption. The other is the one I wrote about here. I am also going to be checking out a few other places that are supposedly haunted, like the old Hope Iron furnace, and the Moonville tunnel. I don't live too far from these places, especially the Moonville tunnel.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
Hey, Shane! I always find the more 'mundane' stories to be more believable. Sensationalism is usually just that. Oh, well. Your story was really good and very credible. I've heard my name called and it wasn't friendly or pleasant. Just one time, so I have an idea what it's like to hear something off kilter. You get a real feeling about it. You're like some kind of magnet! You seem to take things in stride anymore! Frankly, and maybe, unfortunately for you, I can't wait until you have more to tell! You're a walking lesson on ghostly activities! I truly think you have something really attractive to spirits or spirit activity! Thanks for sharing your, what did you say, 'unspooktacular', story with us! I enjoyed it!
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
Shane, I lost my mind a few years before you did. "They" are announcing their presence to you because...you're there. You're open. You're one they can communicate with. But I think you already know this.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
Thanks Kim, sometimes, just sometimes, I wish they would find others to annouce their presense to. I find stories that aren't overly scary or gory to be more believable also.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
Shane,
It certainly seems that there are 'voices' that are determined to get your attention, whether at work, home or else where.

I for one do not need spooktacullary stories or horrific tales. The true storeis and encounters are the storied which I find most importan, both for sharing and for learning!

Thank you so much for sharing you story, and who knows before leaving the island, you may yet learn the identity of your 'visitor'.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
Too true, too true. About my supervisor that is, not about you losing your mind. Shoot I lost mine 26 or 27 years ago don't you know, when I seen my first spirit. 😉 Thanks again Annie for the comment.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
Hey, Maybe you're not losing your mind! As for myself...ha. As for your supervisor, one of these days he'll talk about it. Might not be for a while. But I'm sure he will. Don't you? How can he NOT? He's just a non believer... For now. 😉
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
Good to know I wasn't either. So at least for the two of us there is a third, who even though he doesn't like to talk about it, knows something strange occured. At least we are not losing our minds. 😁 Thanks for the Comment Annie.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-11)
Shane, great story. I've had similar experiences in my life. I've heard my name called out to me during the day when there is no one else around. I've also heard either my name, the word "hello", or a strange rapping/knocking sound as I'm on my way to dreamland. Wakes me right up every time. I hate that. I need my sleep! 😁
Thanks for this. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who's hearing voices.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: