You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Bangkok Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Bangkok Haunting

 

I will tell you about a few peculiar things that happened to me about a year ago. Me and my friend Maria decided to move in together as both of our earlier leases were just about to expire and we spend pretty much every waken hour together either way.

We went house hunting and finally found an apartment that we both really saw some potential for. It was rather cheap and absolutely massive: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, living room and a big balcony. I had spent the last few months living in a tiny studio (without kitchen) and it was really a relief to find this place, especially considering that I had a kitten that grew bigger and bigger each day.

The building itself was pretty worn out, built in a depressive old Chinese style, with low, heavy roof and dirty grey (once white) walls and generally loads of concrete. Especially the elevators were very unpredictable and made me feel claustrophobic (the lights would go out, it would take you to random floors and once even got stuck between floors with us trapped in it), but the apartment itself was newly renovated and felt like it just needed a bit if light and care to become homey and welcoming. It would be our oasis in the middle of busy Bangkok.

The week we moved in was pretty rough on us, we had so much stuff and no time to move it all. Work had us stay late every night and forced us into moving little by little long after midnight. Because of this, the relief was even greater when we finally had cleaned and prepared the place perfectly. I took a deep breath and thought "wow, finally all done" at this very same second I heard a loud banging sound coming from my room. We ran in and saw my brand new clothing rack all bent and broken and clothes were covering the entire floor, as if someone in rage had bent it and tossed away all my clothes. The thing was pretty solid and brand new, Maria had the exact same model that we bought at the same time and this one never broke. But the most unsettling thing was that feeling of it not being just a normal fall, I was finally just finished cleaning and the clothes pretty much had exploded all over the rather big room. It just didn't feel natural.

After this we both stayed together in Maria's room, even though we had all this extra space. I wasn't scared or anything, but it just naturally turned out that way as we would always watch movies there before bed, it was the easiest room to cool down and we both wanted to sleep with the kitten, etc.

Although there was something in the atmosphere in the apartment that wasn't quite right. It felt impossible to keep the place bright, no matter how much sun you let in the windows or how many lamps were lit. The kitten seemed scared sometimes and other times acted like she was hiding or running away from something, she even ignored her litterbox once in a while. This was not a normal behaviour for her before nor after living there.

A few times we had visitors and this seemed to encourage a spike in odd happenings. Visitors would stay in 'my room' (in which I actually never spent a single night) and this really seemed to trigger something. However, there was this one event that was just standing out, it was impossible to ignore or brush off as nothing.

We were just about to sleep. In the big bed we were laying about 2dm apart with our backs facing each other. Stretched out between us was a thin blanket. Suddenly we clearly feel and hear something stomping up the bed! Starting from the bottom and walking angrily all the way up to our heads. The blanket got pushed down between us as the mattress itself was clearly sinking in from each step. There was no one else in the room, not even the kitten as we had closed the bedroom door not to disturb visiting parents. We were frightened (of course) but also amazed that something like that actually just had happened.

We ended up leaving the apartment after staying there for only about 3 months. Because of other reasons not related to our haunting, but I still look up at it sometimes, when I pass it by on my way home from work late at night. I wonder if anyone will ever feel welcomed in that room.

I'm sorry if that was very long but details feel important to me. Thank you for reading!

Other hauntings by cloudy

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cloudy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cloudy (7 stories) (39 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-05)
Thank you Red,

Yes and this it did succeed with! I could've stayed there after my friend left, but I really didn't want to be alone in there! I think it was for the best that we were there for such a short time!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-04)
cloudy
I am glad that you and your friend are still close. So your malevolent spirit just wanted you two girls out. Maybe it didn't like females. I had one of those in the basement of my childhood home.

Respectfully
Red
cloudy (7 stories) (39 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-04)
Hi Red,

My friend ended up moving back to Sweden while I am still staying in Bangkok, but we are still very close friends! We did from time to time walk on each others nerves, but nothing could ruin our friendship! 😊

Thanks for your input
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-04)
cloudy
It sounds like you had several malevolent spirits in that apartment.

Did you and your friend start arguing or get on each others nerves?
Malevolent spirits enjoy causing trouble between occupants, feeding off of he negative energy.

When you and your friend left that apartment did you and your friend find another apartment together, or did you go your seperate ways? If you went your seperate ways, the spirit (s) have succeded in not only in getting you out, but also ruining a friendship.

Respecfully
Red
cloudy (7 stories) (39 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-03)
No, I never went back there and don't know the owners or anything. Unfortunately my Thai isn't as good as it should be either, so it wouldn't be an easy subject to bring up with them.
KankokuMochi (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-20)
Did you ever find out if the same things keep happening to other occupants?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: