You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Corner Creeper

Real Ghost Stories

Corner Creeper

 

From youngest childhood, as long as I can remember, I had this thing that lived in my room. I was the only one who could see him (it was distinctly male - I knew just by the feeling he gave me) but others would feel his energy and it creeped them out, or in a few cases frightened them so badly they couldn't be in the room when he was.

He normally occupied a corner of whatever room he was in, up near the ceiling. He was rough looking, scaly, dirty, sparsely haired with an unnaturally wide face and his knees worked backward, holding him in the corner. His features were never super clear so I can't really describe his face much more than the shape of it.

While he could be felt as scary, creepy, or downright hateful by others, I always felt comforted by his presence, and when he was not there it seemed "off" to me. He would be there for weeks at a time, then be gone a few days, and return looking almost refreshed, if that makes any sense.

I felt protected by him, but others hated his presence to the point where my mom tried techniques like trapping him in a dark mirror, smudging, and banishing. (I don't understand those things for the record, as I never dabbled in any of it, I just remember her talking about what she was doing when she did it.) None of it ever worked, and he always returned.

We lived in motels, apartments, shelters, and no matter where I was he always found me, he watched me. Never said anything, never came down from his corner, never tried to communicate, save for once, when my brother came into my room in an apartment suddenly, and I saw his head swing quickly from me to my brother. He saw my brother, but my brother did not see him. (He stared at him until after I answered my brother, and he left the room, before resuming watching me- I say stared, because it wasn't the same kind of watching that he did with me, it was almost angry.) I could tell if he was feeling something although I'm not sure why, and though I tried many times to talk to him, he never showed he could even hear me.

He stopped showing up when I was around 20, and I haven't seen him since. I just wonder if anyone else ever saw something like him, or knew what he might have been? He was NOT human, but humanoid, and his joints worked the wrong ways. He had long arms and legs, and a rather short torso, so standing up I can imagine he would have looked rather odd, with his small torso, long limbs and wide face.

Notes:

I have always been more sensitive to ghosts/seeing things others miss, perceptive to things outside this word. I have experienced other paranormal stuff, but those can be explained by deaths in the area, or the fact that I was in a graveyard at the time, and nothing else non-humanoid.

I call him creeper because of how he made others feel. I NEVER felt anything but safety and comfort from him.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rachelylala, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

goblinkwain (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-06-09)
Hello! I know it has been some years since you posted, but I love your story, and wanted to see if I could have your permission to read it on a podcast I am working on. If you like you can contact me at my gmail which is the same as my username. Take care!
rachelylala (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-14)
[at] Helena, Thank you for the info, and your story about your friend, I intend to read the link you sent very carefully to see if I may be able to Identify him in it.
[at] Ms_ st0308 I like the idea oh him being a gaurdian!

Also, it was recently mentioned to me that he may have found me based on some sort of blood connection, which makes sense given that around the time I stopped seeing him, I was diagnosed with leukemia, accompanied by extreme bleeding (my body purged pretty much all of my blood, which was replaced with donor blood, platelets and cells) and ever since, I have not seen him once. (the idea came from my mom, after we were commenting on how the complete blood change affected my cat,-when I came home from the hospital my scent had changed so drastically, that he did not know who I was and treated me like a stranger for about a week before realizing who I was and becoming overwhelmingly happy and lovey again)
rachelylala (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-14)
Mack, I have no memory of who mentioned him first, as it was many years ago. I feel sure that it was me who mentioned him to my mom, however, because I remember it bothering her. The friend in middle school was not aware of him until after he had the bad experience, and as far as spiders go, I think you are confused about how the creeper's legs worked, they bent back, away from his body to the wall, while spiders joints bend up toward and upward from the spider's body.
ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-14)
I don't have any personal experiences similar to this, but I have read several other posts on this site about people having guardians. A lot of them describe their guardians as somewhat scary-looking but still giving them that same sense of comfort and safety. From what I've read, they have also described how if others could see or feel them, they would feel frightened or worried that something like that was hanging around.

Maybe you could try reading some of the other posts about guardians and find answers there? I think you can just type in "guardian" in the search box and will pull up several accounts.
Helena123 (25 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-21)
Hello Rachel,

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your story it was written so clearly that I could easily follow it 😊

Your account fascinates me as I have spoken to many people online whom have seen an odd presence in the corner (especially in their bedrooms).

I looked into them a while back and by chance found an article from ancient times stating there were 'Watcher-Demon (s) ' whom 'hide in corners'. Please go to this article link if you would like more details:

Http://www.academia.edu/508597/Some_Demons_of_Time_and_their_Functions_in_Mesopotamian_Iconography

I know a still practicing Satanist (don't ask, I tried everything to get them out of it as I was concerned for his well being but he's been in it now for decades). Anyway, he told me years ago a similar story to you that he knew this presence that was very comforting to him that stood in the corner of his bedroom from childhood.

This being started one day talking to him when he was still a child and stated, that he (the child) had gifts and needed to use them but recommended the darker side of the occult to practice. He ignored it and the being disappeared but unfortunately when he was a teenager he did go into the dark arts. The being reappeared once he started practicing and, to this day, as an adult, he consults it for 'guidance' and, describes it as 'family'.

Why I mention this story is due to the similar wording in your account that you never felt anything but comforted from it whereas others didn't and that is exactly how he described the being he knew in the corner. Also he said that it was not human in shape but similar.

Hopefully it was not in your case, a negative energy and that is all coincidence but I thought I would share as you are questioning whether any of us have heard of a similar situation so I hope I've helped in some way.

You must let us know if you can, if he ever reappears or you find out more on him, take care and thanks for sharing, Helena x
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-19)
Thanks for the clarification Rachelylala. I'm interested to know who mentioned the presence first, in terms of you or other people? Do you recall the first time (s) you discussed this negative feeling / entity with others, or your Mom?

I wonder did you tell your friend in middle school about the creeper BEFORE she went to your house, or did she go to your house, feel really spooked out in your room then you mentioned it?

That would help me to understand whether your description helped to create the image and feelings in others minds or vice-versa.

I had to ask about spiders, because as you can probably see how the creeper could be symbolic of a spider; living in a corner of the ceiling, long legs bent backwards, silently watching all the time, long arms and legs, short torso, smile] 😊.

Regards

Mack [
rachelylala (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-19)
Macknorton,
I could only see him, however I was always open with my family about what I saw, my mother was aware of him, as I mentioned him often, mostly because I was curious as to what he was. She was one of the people who could "feel" him, in her it was an uneasy, creeped out feeling, and when she would get that feeling in or near my room she would often ask if he was there.
Dark mirror: I know pretty much nothing about the practice or how it is supposed to work, I believe she also used a "devils toybox" in an attempt to trap him, she also did cleansing rituals. I'm sorry I don't know much on the subject as I never dabbled in anything like that
I had a friend in middle school, who could not be in my room, got physically ill in the creeper's presence, my brother often felt "unwelcome" in there, and my mom was consistently able to tell when he was around by the feelings she got, she said he seemed to radiate malevolence at her.
I never have been even remotely afraid of spiders, in fact, I would cry and scream if someone tried to kill one in my presence.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-18)
Hi rachelylala, I can answer both yes and no to your question about other people having experienced something similar. My only account of this is from what my mom tells me because I was too young to remember those details. I'll give it to you in two stages: my perspective and my mother's perspective.

From my perspective, when I was a baby up to around two years old, I have some memories. First, I always needed to be around my mother, and in contact with her. I was afraid for my life otherwise. Second, I felt like something was going to get me if I was lifted high up. I don't remember thinking in words, just feelings.

From my mom's perspective I always pointed at empty corners and babbled that someone was there. I would go into hysterics if she vacuumed in a corner because I said she was going to hurt him.

So, I guess putting these two together, maybe I saw something in the corners when I was a baby. I don't know. Was it friendly? I don't know. On the one hand I was afraid of something, and on the other hand I didn't want it to get hurt.

As far as seeing anything in as vivid detail as you, I have no recollection. I saw something, if my mother's account is accurate. Don't know what.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-18)
Hi Rachelylala - thanks for sharing. Intriguing... Your experience has created many questions for me that hopefully you can clarify / expand on so that I can better understand these experiences😊

You said that only you could see this entity, yet your Mother tried to trap it in a dark mirror. I'm not sure how your Mother could trap something she couldn't see? Is she quite psychic? Can you elaborate on how she tried to trap him and what a "dark mirror" is?

You also said "...others would feel his energy and it creeped them out, or in a few cases frightened them so badly they couldn't be in the room when he was..." and also "...While he could be felt as scary, creepy, or downright hateful by others, I always felt comforted by his presence..."

I'm interested in who all these other people were who were able to "sense" this entity and able to pick up such strong emotions from it, yet were unable to see it?

Generally, in my humble opinion, people who passed over and became spirits or spirits / entity's that (we assume) were once manifested on the physical plane had a personality. These people tend to be either kind, loving or evil and hateful (and many somewhere in between) but generally the vibe we get off people (and spirits) is consistent with who and what they are.

To me, it's unusually contradictory that you alone felt comforted by his presence, yet everyone else was not. Would that not ring alarm bells?

By the way, do you, or did you suffer from arachnophobia when you were younger? With respect, your "creeper" to me, appears to have morphed out of a fear of spiders? 😉

Apologies if this may read like you're getting the third-degree but if you could please supply some more details then it would help me understand your experiences.

Regards

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: