You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Little Girl On The Swing

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl On The Swing

 

In Calgary, Alberta.

This happened about 10 years ago. I was 14 or 15 at the time, and working night shift with my mom delivering papers. I was having a lot of unexplainable things happen to me. One place we delivered to was beside an old park that no one played on anymore, and I always saw a little girl on the swing.

The first time I saw her I was really concerned, she looked no more than 4 or 5 and it was about 2 am. I told my mom but she said no one was there. Just to make sure though mom had me stay in the van and she went to walk through the park. She saw no one.

Fast forward about a month or so, I had gotten very used to seeing this girl. Sometimes on the swing, sometimes walking around. I wanted to know who she was so I did research on the area, nothing. At first she gave off that... Innocent lost girl vibe. So I thought maybe she was a missing kid who met a tragic end. So more research, this time missing or murdered children from the whole city, and the towns around it.

Again nothing. Slowly, I started feeling uneasy when I saw her. She no longer felt like a child. She felt... Old and something was definitely not right.

I started getting bad headaches every time I saw her. Started getting sick and very weak as well. At one point, I was so weak and dizzy I couldn't stand on my own for almost 2 days. My mom, who is not religious at all, started to get very worried and called a church asking for help. They suggested that we pray and ask God for guidance. In all likelihood, they thought I was a trouble kid making stuff up. Well that didn't do anything things got worse.

One night my headache was so bad I told mom to take me home. I couldn't see it hurt so bad. At the time, we lived about a 5-minute drive from the park. So she drove me home and my brother went to work with her. My sister stayed up to take care of me. Nice cold cloth on my forehead and made sure it was dark and quiet. I finally passed out on the couch and she went upstairs to bed.

Dream time.

What felt like only a few seconds after I fell asleep, I hear a blood-curdling scream come from my sister's room. I open my eyes; all the lights were on but I didn't care. Screw the headache, I booked it upstairs to my sister's room. Only I wasn't in my sister's room. I was in the van, at the park. Confused I look around and see my sister, standing about 10 feet in front of the car.

It started pouring rain so I yell at her to come inside the van. She comes to the passenger side of the van and she's not my sister anymore. She's the little girl on the swing. She smiles, looks me dead in the eyes and in the most-evil, sing-song voice I have ever heard, she said "I found you" and starts giggling.

My eyes shoot open. I'm back on my couch, the lights are on so I figure I'd been out for a while. I try to get up for a drink of water and I could not move. I was in a form of sleep paralysis. I think I can hear that evil giggle again and start freaking out trying with all my might to move, to yell, to do anything. Maybe about 30 seconds later (felt a whole lot longer) my mom comes rushing in the door, and I can move again.

I rolled off the couch and screamed and cried. My mom said that ever since she dropped me off she had a bad feeling and just needed to make sure I was okay. It had been about 20min since she'd dropped me off.

I told her about the vivid dream and now my mom was convinced something seriously bad was happening. She called one of our good friends who was a Wiccan, for help. I'll call her Jay. Jay said it sounded like something demonic, but not necessarily a demon. She said she would be over within a week. She lived a 12-hour drive away.

The next night, I'm working with mom again. Feeling like crap, but I was too scared to ask to go home again. Much rather sleep in the van, which is exactly what I did. Now what happened next I have no recollection of. My mom said she let me sleep, got out and when she came back I was sitting up smiling at her. She asked me why, and I started to giggle. She told me to stop because it wasn't funny. She said I stopped and looked at her tilted my head smiled and said "I found her, she's mine now" and started giggling again.

Mom freaked out and started yelling my name. Finally, I came to and asked her why she was yelling at me. I had a headache. Mom called Jay and told her what happened. She hopped on the next flight over. She just called into work. Originally she was going to finish the work week and dive over the weekend.

She did a blessing and smudging of my house and my room. She prayed to the Goddess for protection. She did everything she could think of to protect me. Something worked. I haven't seen or heard this little girl since and I'm happy about it. I still don't know what exactly she was, demon or evil spirit.

Other hauntings by TJYAKI

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TJYAKI, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

queenlol (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-27)
WoW! 😲 That was a goosebumps-chilling story TJYAKI! I am glad she's gone to someone else!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-31)
This was a spine chilling story! It really freaked me out! I am glad you didn't see her! I think your urge to know her led her to you... It was really scary 😨 😨
TJYAKI (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-09)
Spiritwaiting,
I didn't even see your comment when I saw Calamity's, sorry! I also get goodebumps thinking back to it.

Lady-glow
As I said the Calamity we lived in a not so grat area of tje city at the time. And while being Canadian our general health care is free any persciption is not free unless you have coverage. We did not. The doctor in our neighborhood was know for just giving persciption and saying you were suck when you really weren't. Loved it when I was a kid playing sick to get out of school.
My mom would talk to her friend on a regular basis. I think at fist she thought it might have been just a spirit, but when my mom told her of the dream she knew something was seriously wrong. If something like this ever did happen to my daughter, I think I would first go to the doctor as I live in a much better neighborhood now and trust our doctor a whole lot more.

DandK
It has happened quite a bit where I have seen things that my mother couldn't. This one was different because usually I qould only see them once or twice, but I saw her all the time until the dream.

RedWolf
Thank you for your theory. Thats sound very accurate to me. She did teach both mom and I how to properly do a smudging. So that if we moved or anything we would be able to. I have also done research as to other ways to protect myself from things that mean harm.

UlevnNixie
Not going to lie, it sucked. I think she came via dream because its easier to take over ones subconscious. I'm not 100% sure. Also I think that maybe she could project her image but overall I think her entity was tied to that park.

Wish-Not and brighteyez
Thankyou both for reading and your comments.

I hope this helped everyone. Thank you all.
brighteyez (9 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-07)
WOW,

This has got to be the creepiest story I have ever read. I can only imagine how scared you and your mom were. But so glad she had someone that could help you, so happy you are feeling much better now.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-07)
TJYAKI- I am exactly like spiritwaiting GOOSEBUMPS! That was indeed a creepy time. So glad you were able to get things "fixed".

Thanks for sharing!
ulvenNixie (13 stories) (39 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-07)
Hello TJYAKI!
That sounds like a horrible experience for you and your entire family. I was rather fortunate that your mom's friend was able to do something for you.
Have you ever thought about why that little monster located you in a dream and didn't just follow you home and torment you that way? I'm sure there's lore out there about malevolent things that hunt people in dreamscapes.

I'm very glad to hear that you don't have any more issues with her. Stay safe out there.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-06)
TJYAKI
Your mothers friend said it sounded demonic but not necessarly a demon. To me that sounds like a malevolent spirit. Not strong enough to take over a body until it weakens it's victim. Hence the headaches. Probably easier to get rid of but your mothers friend should have taught you how to protect yourself. Just a theory.

Regards
Red
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
TJYAKI,scary story. Thank you for sharing it. It is really creepy that you saw it, but nobody else could. Has anything similar to that happened to you again (different people or entities)?

Calamity and lady-glow, as far as the issue with the Dr vs the wiccan person, I can see why her mom did that. I grew up in a house in which we did not have much money, my dad worked two full time jobs for much of the time. Trips to the Dr were reserved for things considered life threatening, and needed to involve lots of blood. A headache, no matter how intense for a long time, would not have been enough to warrant the expense as it would have taken food off the table for everyone else. (In case you're wondering, my hard headed father was too proud to take food stamps, even if that meant we were often hungry. Sorry about the TMI.)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
TJYAKI:

I have to agree with Calamity, it is very odd that your non religious mother wouldn't take you to a doctor but instead call a church.

What made your mother decide that the help from her Wiccan friend would be better than a mainstream option? Did she ever considered the possibility of a physical ailment as the reason for your headaches?

Now that you are a mother, if one day your daughter got sick (God forbids) would you ask for the help of a church or a shaman's; or would you first take her to a hospital?

Anyway, I'm glad it worked for you!

Thanks for sharing.
TJYAKI (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
Calamity,

We lived in a no so great to live in neighborhood. The doctor was... Well it was obvious that he truly didn't care. I once needed a doctor's note for missing one shift at work (I was 19 at this time) and he (same doctor) prescribed me something when I was no longer sick. The shift I missed was a week before and my boss told me to get a note.
Why we didn't go to another doctor in another neighborhood? I couldn't tell you.

I think it was on the advice of a religious friend that she called the church. I have no clue how she chose which church, probably the same friend gave her a number.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
Tjaki,
Ok goosebumps! And very creepy!
Ive heard of darker entities, using a child form, to draw in living children. For them to grow interested, and the like.
And this is exactly what it did.
Thank goodness your ok!
Ugh I still have goosebumps!

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaitng
Calamity (2 stories) (53 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-05)
TJYAKI,

I know that we all do things a little differently, but if my child started having bad headaches, getting sick and weak, and then got so weak and dizzy she couldn't stand for almost two days I think I would have taken her to a doctor. What made your non-religious mother call a church for help? How did she choose which church to call? I'm not religious either and I wouldn't have the faintest idea of which church to pick. Maybe I'd just open the phone book, close my eyes, point and hope for the best. Good thing none of those things ever happened to my child!

Anyway, I'm glad you're feeling better now.

Jane

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: