You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something Hitched A Ride

Real Ghost Stories

Something Hitched A Ride

 

My Aunt had been very sick for a long time and just when we thought she was getting better, she passed. My Mom did the best she could after the funeral to get her house cleaned up and in order to sell it, as it is in the country and the taxes, upkeep and the constant threat of a break in was a real burden. My Mom called me 2 months ago to say a buyer was found and that if I wanted, I should come up and see if I wanted any few remaining keepsakes that were still there otherwise they would go in the trash. A week later I made the half hour drive and found some things I wanted. A box of flags, an antique watch some other personal items to remember her by. I got home put some of the stuff away and decided to take a closer look at the other items the next day.

The following day my wife and I got up and while walking downstairs we realized the tv was on. As it has surround sound I told my wife it could not have been on all night as it would have awoken me as I am a light sleeper. I was thinking somehow my wife had set the timer for the tv by accident as her and electronics do not mix.

That did not prepare us for what we found downstairs. The first thing I noticed was my dog cowering under a chair. She was shaking and would not come out for about ten minutes. Her bed is right next to the heater and being she is a warm weather dog, it is very out of character. The next thing I noticed was every light in the downstairs area was on. Even the lights my wife has that are out of the way, purely decorative, serve no purpose and are the source of many arguments between us. I looked at the timer feature on the tv and saw it was not set.

I called my Mom and said I think Aunt Betty came home withe me yesterday for a visit and told her what we found. She responded it was not your Aunt, she would not do anything to scare you, she loved you in life so she would not do this in death. While we found it strange and a bit creepy, we were not exactly scared.

I looked my tv up online to see if people had issues with this model. While several people reported their tvs turning on or off due to tech issues my model was not listed. I checked the remote next, sticky keys often do this. I found nothing. We went shopping that day and aside from the occasional joke about what had happened, we put it out of our minds. End of story right? Nothing creepy here right? WRONG.

That night we both climbed into bed exhausted. I grabbed my book and began to read when my wife in a frightened and loud voice says OH MY GOD. I roll over and she is holding her rosary. Nothing new, she prays her rosary every night before sleep. Only the crucifix is missing from the bottom. I jumped up and asked what happened? She had taken the rosary from the bedside table to pray as she has done hundreds of times before, only I found the cross part on the floor. I told her just like a chain you wear around your neck, the links stretch, bend or break and I would fix it. Only there was no open, bent or missing link anywhere. Both pieces were intact, just apart. Even after assuring me there was no missing link I looked everywhere. I told her there was no way she could be sure of something like that but after working those beads for years I had to take her word for it. I never found it. It is a large rosary as I had it made for her to use as she has M.S. I contacted my friend who works for a Catholic church and recounted everything. She was quite worried and informed me that only very very negative entities are able to do such bad things with blessed objects. I will not even say the word she used. She gave me very specific prayers along with instructions in use of holy water to combat what had come into my house.

After saying the prayers of rebuking, and asking Saint Micheal for help, nothing further has happened. Later a Priest friend told me this negative being could have been drawn to us at my Aunts house because of the sorrow and grief everyone had while visiting. While I have no clue why, I am willing to take his word for it. Thankfully we did not have to get rid of the keepsakes or get our house blessed which we were told would have to be the next step. I just get chills thinking of the possibility of driving home that Saturday with an unwanted passenger.

Other hauntings by moondog

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, moondog, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

moondog (4 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-06)
Enlightened, thinking back the only thing I can say that stands out is I thought I really packed my Jeep pretty badly. I did not have a great deal but man, what a racket. It seemed like the boxes were jumping all over, and although I did not feel threatened I did not feel at ease. I have a blessed St. Benedict medal hanging from the mirror as well as St Micheal on my keychain which is also blessed. I think it kept it in check.
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-05)
Dear Moondog,

I have a similar thing happen with a pendant coming off a chain. Both were perfectly intact and nothing was broken.
Please read my story, Disappearing And Reappearing Diamond Pendant. Heres a link:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23936

It boggles the mind that two linked items can separate without damaging each other.
Glad things have settled down for you.
Thanks for the interesting read!


Mother of Beagles
ThePhoenixIsHere (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-04)
Hi Moon dog!
If you think about it, no one can really say that this entity hitched a ride. What if it just wondered into your house? Or what if it was in the items you bought?
Integrist (83 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-04)
moondog,

Being the husband, you have natural authority over the house, and those therein, in which case you can perform prayers of deliverance and/or protection sanctioned by the Church. Please check out "Deliverance Prayers: For Use by the Laity" by Fr. Chad A. Ripperger (Exorcist)

And make use of the sacrament of penance.

I hope nothing else bothers you again.

Regards,
Integrist
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-04)
Moondog,

Geez, that is very unsettling. Do you remember feeling anything watching you or like something wasn't quite right? I am sure it came home with you.

I'm glad you haven't had any problems since but if it starts again, I would definitely have the house blessed.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Enlightened
moondog (4 stories) (5 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-04-04)
Thank you Integrist. While I am very curious about such things I NEVER go looking for it. When two church sanctioned demenologists tell you you have a problem, my anxiety factor went up ten fold. My wife is very strong in her faith. I have some work to do in that area.
Integrist (83 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-03)
Hi moondog,

I am glad to hear that all is well now.
It is true that only a rather proud demon would dare touch a blessed rosary. But as with all sacramentals: it is the faith, with which we use it, that lends the sacramental its efficacy.
With holy water at your disposal, nothing more should happen.

Regards,
Integrist

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: