You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Play And Drown

Real Ghost Stories

Play And Drown

 

Hey Folks! I'm Ajay from Mumbai. This last week I have read so many stories here on YGS and I thoroughly enjoyed most. Thank You for sharing.

I wanted to post an experience I had when I was just a kid in 1998 (14 Year Old) when I used to stay in Thane City (Adjacent to Mumbai) in India.

Almost everyone in India loves to play/watch cricket. In Thane City, there's this little ground adjacent to a very small lake called Hariyali Lake near The Railway Station. The lake borders the ground in such the way that it runs parallel on 2 sides of the ground (Like one L on another one) merely separated by a 10-15 feet alley between the 4-Feet Cricket-Ground Fence and the Lake's Edge. This narrow passage between the lake and the ground is mostly outgrown by small bushels may be 1-2 feet and will give you a very creepy feeling as soon as you jump the fence from the cricket ground. Some of you may be wondering, why go to this dinghy place! Well in cricket, when the batsman hits a six (home-run equivalent) ON THIS GROUND, the guy himself walks the entire length of the ground, jumps the fence and then looks for the ball in the bush (No Pun Intended!).

I hope I was able to describe it clearly and my dear friends are able to picture the lake now.

Alright, so here we go! The bowler bowls the ball, I knock it out of the park. All My darn friends catch a shade under a tree on the left and sit down. They know it will be a few minutes by the time, I go, search and retrieve the Ball. So, I go climb the 4 Feet Fence and leap down the other side. As soon as I jump, a cold chill runs down my spine. The hair on my neck stand up. I shrug myself, yell my friends' names so, at least they can peep over the fence's edge and look out for while I'm searching the ball. I search among the rotting vegetation underneath my feet, hoping there are no snakes under the weeds. I glance at the fence, but none of my friends is looking. I move closer to the edge of the lake, still searching for the ball. Suddenly I spot the ball floating on the surface of the water. I glance around, not a soul is within my sight. I pick up a few stones and start pelting them ahead of the ball in the water to cause the ripples push it towards me, so I could grab it. I suddenly spot a small shoal of fish along the edge of the lake. Curiosity gets the better of me as I bend on the edge of the lake admiring the fish.

As I'm completely lost, looking at the fish, two reflections suddenly emerge in the water, two kids, unkempt, wearing ragged clothes, white eyes, with an evil grin on their faces. Instinctively, I turn around and see nothing but can still feel them. I try to yell, but, Voice betrays me. In a Split-second, I feel a strong push against my chest, as I slam the surface of the water on my back around 3-4 feet from the lake's wall. Now, it's important to know here, that I CAN'T SWIM. As I'm submerged into the water, it's as if I've entered a different dimension. To this day, I can still clearly imagine it. There's dark everywhere (not completely black, but, like the weather, one would mostly see in a bad dream). Overly Overcast, Sad and Gloomy! I could hear sort of soft wailing sounds. I could see various shapes and things and as they curl in the water, I could imagine white apparitions moving with them. I'm completely submerged all this while, when the water enters my nasal cavity and my mouth and my life starts flashing through my eyes and I think, "This is it". As my hands and legs are constantly kicking in the water, a hard slimy thing touches my finger. I quickly hang on to it, check the direction where I see a ray of the light and pull against it instinctively, as I surface from under the water coughing water out of my nose and mouth. I grab the ledge and pull myself up and out of the lake.

I glance around. There's no one to be seen. I yell for my friend (This time the voice is loud and clear) and he peeps over the fence (This time, my friend responds as well) and discovers the state I'm in to his dismay. He jumps the fence, runs toward me, asks if I'm ok and we both move back to the fence and climb over it to jump back into the ground.

"Just walk me home," I say to him. Completely drenched and feeling grossed out and shiat-scared at the same time, I ask my friend if he saw 2 beggar like kids jump over the wall. He declines. Says he would know since there's was no-one other than us playing at that time in the afternoon and the tree where all my friends happened to be at a spot where anyone passing by would be visible to them. So, I said ok.

I went home, took a shower. Then told my Mom about this. This was when Mom told me that the lake has a reputation of killing people. Over the last 2 decades, many people have drowned over there. There was even a time when heart-broken lovers, depressed people among others, committed suicide in that lake. That's when I remembered just last week the municipal corporation had fished out two bloated bodies from the lake. I was at the same place playing cricket at that time as well. I had just glanced at the bodies as they were being fished out. I had immediately pulled my sight away from the scene, because it was so horrible. I wondered, if these 2 were the same people I saw.

It didn't matter. The worst was over. I was fine again. I still continued going to the same ground and enjoying cricket with my friends for the next 4 years, until I moved from there permanently.

I still don't know, what I saw. If that was real or was it just my subconscious playing games with me. It may have been merely a couple of minutes that it happened, but, at that moment, it seemed an eternity. Anyway, it could have cost me my life, but I was lucky, I guess.

So, here's me concluding this long experience, with a message to all the kids - Play Safe. Thank You.

Sincerely Yours - Ajay K.

Other hauntings by ajonverge

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ajonverge, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Flamaboar1712 (3 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-09-28)
My Grandma's town also has a lake known for killing people. It is situated on the the top of a hill which has 7 houses (all of which are abandoned). The scary thing is that the hill is just 40 metres from my grandma's home. At least two people drown in there every year.
swapnilnarendra (10 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-18)
Hey Ajay, you certainly have a flair for writing, and I can feel that you are pretty sensitive to the other worldly entities as well. For me, I have been told by a friend of my father's (who dabbled in the occult stuff) that I won't be bugged by any spirit, ever. So it kind of bums me out knowing I may never experience such a thing. Though I know how privileged it is to be protected. Apologies for the digression, I loved your tales and also the way you write. Could relate when your father passed away, as I too had a similar incident. Best wishes buddy, may we connect and talk.
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-26)
Rex-T: Mate I am a die hard fan of Warney too man. Just loved the way he eased into his few steps and turned the hell out of the batsmen. He had some awesome style. Sachin: well I wud say he was really good but I won't reli call him the best or God as many address him across the world. Anyway bro its been years n no disease yet so I guess I'm safe from that regard. Its well past hep dormancy period I assume. And what doesn't kill you only makes u stronger ryt bro. Peace.
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-26)
Lady-glow. Lol. U kno what I don't reli remember. Well I don't think so... Ball was lost. 😆
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-24)
And... Were you able to recover the ball from the lake?😝

5050
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-24)
Hi Ajay, I'm Rex-T (nickname) from Australia and cricket tragic.

In my humble opinion, the best batsman of our era is Sachin Tendulkar and the best bowler has to be Shane Warne. Anyway, I digress.

Hardly fair that the batsman who hits the ball out of the park has to go and fetch. In our backyard cricket matches, if the bowler was silly enough to bowl a full toss or long hop, then they were given the honor of finding the ball.

Seriously, getting a push in the chest and spotting nobody doesn't sound like coincidence to me but I'm glad you or possibly a guardian spirit found a way out (sounds like a tree root).

I'd say if the doctor gave you a shot after your escape from the lake it was probably tetanus (if you cut yourself) or possibly hepatitis A (if you swallowed lake water). A hepatitis B vaccination is now available and RedWolf's suggestion of getting a blood test for hepatitis C is a very good idea. This disease can take 6 months to develop but cures are now coming on the market.

Love your message. The adults should take heed as well.
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-24)
[at] Redwolf. Yes man I do remember goin to the doc for some shots then. Thanks for reading the story bro. This was my first attempt. Hope you guys liked the experience I shared. Please leave comments if any. Thank you. And Thank you YGS for publishing it after 2 weeks.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-23)
Ajay

The lake very well be haunted. After all IS something that holds memories of things that have gone on in history. The apparitions you saw possibly felt that you could get out on your own thus threw you in. I am happy you are okay, but would suggest you get hepatitis c test just in case.

There is a lake on Long Island not too far from where I live that for many years took the life of a man, by means of drowning. Without hi-jacking your story, for about 20 years there were no drownings. But in the past few years the drownings are coming back. I hope that is just a fluke.

Red

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: