You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Reality Or Dreams?

Real Ghost Stories

Reality Or Dreams?

 

Today I am posting a few occurrences that took place starting since 2008

It may be a little sensitive to some but please forgive me.

To begin with I am going to give you a little background insight about my culture and religion.

I am a South African Indian. I am a Hindi speaking Hindu. I have not been to India (it is on my bucket list), but I do have a very good understanding of my mother tongue.

I grew up in a household where my mum was really strict, and it was considered taboo to speak of or believe in other faiths. It was so bad to the point that my siblings and I were so scared to even date anyone outside our faith. It was even a problem if even the person was Hindu but if they spoke a different Indian language.

My first experience was in 2007. My husband had lost his job and I had 2 little boys. I was employed through a recruitment agency and was earning really little. It was becoming increasingly difficult to run the household and support the little boys. There were days I would just go into the shower and cry. My husband as well would go out every day looking for a job.

One night I decided that enough was enough. I was angry and this is what is prayed in my head.

"Dear God, I don't know who you are or what you are, but I need your help."

I prayed my heart out that night. Then I dreamt that there was a misted glass window, on the top right corner was the mother deity that we worship, and the bottom corner was the Lord we worship. In the centre was the huge face of Lord Jesus Christ and he was tearing. I did not know what to make of that dream after I awoke.

That morning, I went to work, and my manager called me to advise that there was a position open in a different department and that I should apply. I was the last person to apply and the first person to receive my acceptance letter. My salary had more than doubled overnight.

A few nights later I saw a man dressed in a long white robe with a gold belt, shoulder length hair and a golden glow around him. He was standing under the hugest tree with the thickest trunk I had ever seen and all he said to me was "I am not asking to change; I am only asking you to believe." To date I still see the same person whenever I need help.

From that day forward I knew for sure that Jesus did exist and that miracles do happen.

My husband too found a job after 8 months of being home.

Thank you for reading and I would appreciate your thoughts.

Love & Light

Sash B

Other hauntings by SashB

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SashB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
1 month ago (2024-03-19)
Hi SashB

That is very true, faith is important, very few people are lucky enough to be spiritually gifted, I think you should focus on it as well.
SashB (4 stories) (5 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-03-10)
[at] CrimsonTopaz I have actually realised that I am really blessed. I accept that I am spiritual. I am just embracing my life and Love for God in all his golry.

[at] MsTea- Let us not get started with LOadshedding, My area is currently experiencing power outage since Monday night and we not sure when it will be resolved. Yes you are so right in saying that if we all came together we can get answers to many unanswered questions.
I know that God has reached out to me, and I am embracing it. In my next story and a few others to follow you will read how this has happened
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-03-04)
SashB, Most people don't get to see the Lord Jesus, let alone receive a personal message from him. It is not for us to question but to accept and give thanks. Sounds like you've done that.
Not everyone is of the same faith and each to their own. It's not my place to preach or convert people, but I personally have started praying since my mother died. I hope that my prayers will keep both my parents together for all eternity in the Lord's loving arms.
Make the most of your new job, enjoy the benefits and stay happy, healthy and wise.
BravelyKegger (2 stories) (19 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-03-04)
That was a beautiful story you shared. I am envious of people who have seen Christ in person. Your story reminds me of a news article I read recently. In Gaza it was reports Jesus was appearing to many people. I believe he has not appeared to me due to the fact that I have already been saved and it's unnecessary for him to reveal himself to me in person. With that being said. I am still quite envious haha.
MsTea (2 stories) (8 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-02-22)
Fellow South African here, hello.

It's loadshedding until 12, so am binge reading people's posts.

I feel, as humans we focus so much on religion, we forget The Ultimate Creator is a spiritual entity and not a religious being. Not trying to take away anything from the different religions. I was raised Christian, but prefer to call myself spiritual nowadays. To me, religion is only about how we must lead our lives and conduct ourselves on this earth. Everyone has their own ideas, none being wrong or better than others. The difference is intention and interpretation.

I feel all religions hold a piece of a puzzle and if they all came together, instead of trying to prove which is better, we'd have all the pieces put together and then, maybe we could answer the origin of life, man and our purpose, etc.

Sorry, know am 'gaaning aan' (rambling), but I feel God reached out to you in a way you could recognize it's Him and be comfortable with the most.

What a blessing. Glad all worked out for your family.
SashB (4 stories) (5 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-02-18)
Good morning All

I am so sorry for the late reply.
Thank you for all the comments.
[at] Rajine thank you and you are right. Gods accepts us for who we are. I have been advised by many that I have a calling as many say. But I leave my life in the hands of God as only he knows best.

[at] lady-glow - Just to let you know my mum died a believer and I will post her experience as well when I have the time. She was still a Hindu but she so believed.

[at] Twilight1011 - Thank you for sharing yes, I do believe in spirit guides, and you don't have to worry as you are not disrespecting me or my faith in any way.

Guys Thank you for sharing your positive and beautiful insight

Much Appreciated

Sash B
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-02-18)
That's really interesting, and I can't help but wonder if what you had saw, was possibly a spirit guide or Guardian angel of yours 😕 I'm not sure if your religion, has something similar of that nature, but that's what I know them to be referred as. It's believed that everyone has their own spirit guides etc, to help guide them when needed, and will help whenever called upon. It's also believed that they can look however they want, or possibly even how you would want them to, or feel more comfortable with. Not saying this is the case for you, and I apologize if it's somehow against your religion, to even consider that possibility, as I mean no disrespect towards yours, or any other religion, in suggesting it. But whatever it was, it sounds like it has good intentions, for helping you and your husband at least. I believe it was real though, for what it's worth, whatever "it" may be. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and I hope my suggestion is of help in some way 😊
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-02-18)
There's no harm in respecting different faiths and believing in them, as I myself have prayed in churches many times, I'm also a South African of Indian heritage and follow Hinduism, you don't have to convert to believe.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-02-17)
Hello SashB.

This is a fascinating experience.
Personally, I consider all religions to be good in essence, but negative when followers become fanatic and narrow-minded.

Not judging your mother's teachings since, after all, a person's beliefs are a reflection of their circumstances and their upbringing but, in my opinion, the symbolism/message of your dream may have been to be more accepting towards others than what you were expected to be.

At the end, I think that Divinity is the same regardless of whatever name people call it, and it's willing to help anyone that prays with faith and an open heart.

"And Jesus told the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."" Luke 7:50

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: