You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Experiences With Sleep Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

My Experiences With Sleep Paralysis

 

I've had three experiences with sleep paralysis so far in my lifetime, and they all have occurred this year.

My first encounter was in a dream. It was the middle of the night, and I dreamt that I just went to bed. I woke up in my dream seeing some text floating on the ceiling. It was a prophesy. It said something about Tom Sawyer, and the ghost was going to haunt me. I was frightened and tried to go to my mom's room. Along the way, I froze multiple times. I couldn't move, talk, or scream. I felt like a statue in a moving position. The hallway to my mom's room lengthened and it took longer to reach it. Just as I was about to step into the room, I woke up.

My second encounter was in a near waking experience. I was half awake, half asleep, and was laying face-up. I had an awkward dream. There was this random guy from my school saying, "Every time she looks at me, she looks at me as if I'm a freak or something..."

I certainly didn't look at people like that, and was pondering on the thought, until I heard footsteps arriving in my bedroom.

Then I heard in a lower tone, "Every time she looks at me, she looks at me as if I'm a freak or something!"

I started to freeze up, and couldn't do anything. I tried moving my arms, but it felt as if they were being stuffed with miniature beads, like a stuffed animal. I felt hands choking me around my neck, and this process happened for several minutes. After that time, I was finally able to move again.

My third experience was less frightening, because I knew I would snap out of it. It was again in a dream, and I went to the bathroom to wash my hands. Suddenly, something possessed me, and was paralyzing me. I came downstairs to see my family, and another person I knew just sitting on the couch, thinking that I was a freak. I tried to tell them, but they wouldn't listen to what I was saying. I was thrown onto the couch, and started to slide off. Again, I woke up after that.

Does this have anything to do with ghosts? Am I just hallucinating? Thank you!

Other hauntings by Adventure_Ms_Aqua

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Adventure_Ms_Aqua, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-04)
I had another experience just yesterday morning waking up. That's when I heard a ghost in my bedroom. I'm thinking that this has something to do with the black figure from the story I wrote earlier... ("The Mysterious Black Figure"). Everything is sort of jumbled up right now...

😕
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
My own personal opinion is that you were dreaming and it had nothing at all to do with ghosts but Tammy and Kim is right - it is something that only you can decide because it is your EXPERIENCES.

FRAWIN 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Sleep paralysis is known to have some of the symptoms you're describing and many others but it would be irresponsible to suggest that every time someone feels a weight over their chest or their hands and legs paralyzed it's simply sleep paralysis. It could be that or more than that.

Like Kim, I'd suggest you keep a journal and write down, in full detail, all the things you remember during theses episodes. Two things can happen:you'll eventually rationalize the events and familiarize yourself with the fear they cause you or you will finally discover some other cause behind them.
Ocsana (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Just a word on sleep paralysis as concerns stories associated with this type of condition. In African American stories, conditions such as you describe is called being "hag ridden". What that means is an entity, usually a malevolent witch, is sending her spririt out to worry someone she has an issue of some type with. The only way to keep this witch away was to sprikle salt around your bed at night.
There are many European stories of entities sitting on the sleeper's chest and holding them down so they can neither wake or sleep. Whether these entities are ghost or some other entity is unclear in these stories.
So, you are not alone in your dilema because this type of condition has been going on for a very long time.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
I would first like to say that I do not think that you are halucinating. Our dream states can be very powerful. It may be that these are simply dreams, however, it may be that when these occurances happen, you are more open to the suggestion and energy of paranormal. Only you can answer that. I would ay if this continues to occur, keep a journal and decide for your self what you feel (and know) is happening.

Keep us posted!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: