You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Picture of Something Strange on my Shoulder

Real Ghost Stories

Picture of Something Strange on my Shoulder

 

A friend and I were taking pictures of me with my web cam. I was trying to get a good shot, so I was taking several at a time. I think I took about thirty or so. Then after I took the pictures with the web cam, we started taking a look at them. We were looking to see which picture looked the best, as we were looking, my friend says, hey go back to the one picture we just looked at.

Picture of Something StrangeI scrolled back to the picture and I just couldn't believe what I saw and neither could my friend. It was an image of someone or something next to me on my shoulder. You can see it has long hair and eyes, nose, mouth. I was pretty freaked out about this at first. I am sure there is an explanation, but I don't have one. My friend and I were just sitting next to each other and we were not moving around and the background is a wall of sheet rock insulation with a mini fridge and some junk on it. After this I took more pictures with the web cam and did not see this image or any others like it or any thing close. As matter of fact we didn't see anything ever again. I have been since then, from time to time, taking photos with this web cam when I was alone and have not seen anything.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
Wow! What a creepy photograph. It gave me the chills.

Lakota73
Bbrave (1 stories) (131 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
I can clearly see it and I do not believe it to be a leather chair. I mean you're left shoulder is visible which means either the chair is see through, the pic photoshopped, or the photo is genuine.

I go with the last choice I see the mouth, eyes, and nose all to clear
chadlee2003 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
I don't see it, it looks like a brown leather chair to me and your standing or squatting next to it
Rustum (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Oh look... It's Darth Sidious from star wars! Lolololololo
leedsgirl (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-20)
Wow I can defo see a woman in the pic! Have you asked anyone in your family if it could be an old relative that may be watching over you? I haven't read the story was just taking a look at pics
ally711 (20 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-17)
AAAHHH!Thats so creepy looks like a girl who wanted to take a pic with you. 😨
xAdiiBabyDoll16x (2 stories) (23 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
woow man I can see a lady VERY well, she has dark eyes and hair, and she has like full lips! That's pretty creepy! 😨
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
cupcake10132 yes I can see a lady shape and it is very freaky!

Thanks for sharing your story!

Princess123 x ❤
katie100 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-11)
i Can see everything that you described aswell! Me and my friends were taking pictures in this strange place that we recently found and there was clearly someone standing behind us! This was just unexplainable for me and my mates! Comment back please!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
It definitely looks like a hand as I can even see the ring the hand is wearing. Could it be your own hand? Who knows... Then again I'm wondering how convenient it looks to have a ghost on your shoulder while posing for the photo! I wouldn't expect anyone's reaction to be so composed. Would you?
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
Hi I definitely see it, somehow to me it looks like a little face, thanks for sharing. 😊
sammie (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
it look's like your hand. I've taken pictures like that. The blur is just from your hand mooving too fast while the picture was being taken.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-03)
Not that I'm a skeptic or anything by any means, but I've taken shots like that at night with a webcam before. The lines at the top of the ghost's head really looks like the fingers of a hand, with the motion blurring it up and down at an angle that would completely coincide with where your arm and hand would be during that shot. Not to mention the bright line that lines up with where a ring might be worn.

Could be a ghost, maybe not. Only you can say for certain. If not though, then it's one of the poorest looking hoaxes that I've seen people fall for x.x
hikari (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-18)
the lady is not that very hostile looking. What I believe she is a spirit guide of you or your friend. The spirit might belong to an indian or someone very ancient and seem confusing on what you are doing.

and to the people that say it has an X mark, one line of the mark is from the shirt thatwayne is wearing, but the other line I'm not sure what is it since the photo is a bit blury.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-15)
After looking and studing the picture. I don't feel its a friendly type spirit at all. With the letter X on it, makes me all the more feeling its not a good person, or spirit. As if a demon to look, like a lady is more how I would put this picture at.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
I just relized, look at it VERY closely and you can see a lady's form. I bleive I left a comment earlier but by looking back you see it's a lady or female with an X on her chest.Ramxey,when you said that I looked back up and relized it. I don't think I saw that before. Thank you for pointing it out. Now Wayne,it's a lady. Has anyone died? Or anything near that? A female you knew or is the house or lot old? Of crouse the lot is but I mean in the hunting/murderiong level! Please tell!
With love and care,
cupcake10132
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
Hi Wayne. Wow! This is a neat picture. I do not know how to analyze something like this myself but there ARE scientific reasons that weird things show up in pictures. Like yours for instance. OR, it could be authentic. I'm not sure. Thanks for sharing. ~Shelby ❤
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
Umm, does anyone else notice the x on the 'mystery object'? I find this picture very intiguing - really makes you wonder, don't it? I think you should have it analyzed by T.A.P.S. You can get their address on their website - or go through scifi.com. Did you feel any kind of presence nearby? You really got somethin' cool on camera, man!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
it looks like some wood which is shaped too me lol now that I look at it its a girl who has a cloak round her with a hood up. She is old fashioned and she seems so happy that your comforting her. She is tiny. Why is she so skinny and tiny. I can see a mouth, nose and eyes. Why is she all brown? This is so interesting. Do you know they like being in pictures the ghost and spirits they come out if you are taking a picture. Thanks for sharing your story WOW its so amazing. She looks real happy AWWW. The ghost I see are so clear.
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-19)
wow its really hard to say what it is for sure.
but its creepy what ever it is 😉
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
Dear Wayne,

Excuse me for saying the following to poster "Bie,

With all the words in the English language you would choose to connect Holy with that word? 😢

Glad I signed in and signed up here 😠, just so I could let you know this,...must be my holy sock in your mouth day? 😉 --Abby

Dear Wayne,

I am not a techie person, but I am a bit skeptical of the photo. It looks like it is a morphed photo of you, especially when I look at the lips which would make the photo a morphed photo of you. Sorry, my opinion. --Abby
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-18)
woah!soo cool! It looks like a woman from 1800 B.C. Crying for the lost of someone close to her.Yikes!I'm surprised I came up with a guess taht might be correct! Can you do some research then tell us what you find out?That'd be great!
Bie (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-16)
Holy Shit! 😲 😲 😲

That is Damn Cool Man! It looks like a lady crying! Good job!

Bie
S_wolfmoon (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
Wow...that is amazing. It's like she's resting her hand on your shoulder, and peeking around to have her face in the pic. Really creeped me out, but fascinating at the same time! 😲
ellycat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-18)
when I look at the picture I see a lady with something wrong with her lips.
My_Cat_Guards_Me (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-14)
😲 If you look at it closely it looks like the virgin Mary, The hood and the facial features

LucyXX 😊
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
This spirit could be following your friend. The ghost could like you and wanted to get in a pic with you.
My_Cat_Guards_Me (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
Wow that picture creeped me and my mate out and she said she will have nightmares!

Lucy & Clare
XX
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-09)
i am with brittany if you look very carefully it douse look like a female. I would look at some old pic. I would do some researchers
Brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
First off I would like to say, WOW. That's a great pic. If you look at it carefully you can see it has its head resting on your head and shoulder. Its female and appears to have some kind of connection to you. I think if you search some family photos, you will come across this person. It has some kind of familiarity with you. It seems to me that its almost posing for the pic. That's great.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: