You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Highway Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Highway Ghost

 

My name is Sierra. I live right next to a major highway. One of my chores is to take the dog for a walk. A couple of weeks ago I was walking my dog down the highway when I heard a huge screech of tyres and a scream that lingered in the air before fading away with the sound of the tyres. Now, as soon as the screech of tyres sounded, I immediately yanked the dog completely off the road, onto the other side of me to be exact, and I whipped around to see what happened (human natures morbid side I suppose!). This was one of those very few moments when there were absolutely no cars zooming past. As you can imagine, there was nothing there. I, being of the nature of a cat, walked up and down the highway for about a half mile in either direction, but found nothing. No sounds of sirens or people yelling. Complete silence, except for the cars that were now whizzing past me.

When I got back, I told my mum about the experience. She told me that it was a load of bolognie (not so nicely) and to stop trying to freak her out. I listened to the news for a couple days after that but I heard nothing so I gave up.

Another thing that happened to me was when I was walking my dog again, I saw a man walking to the road, then crossing without looking right into the oncoming traffic. I called out but he seemed not to hear me. He stepped right into the pathway of an oncoming truck. I screamed and looked away, unable to watch. I waited for the screech of tyres but none came. I looked up, expecting the worst, but again, nothing was there. I'm kind of wondering if the two have a connection. I think so.

More stories to come.

Sierra K.

Feel free to leave comments and opinions.

Other hauntings by TheLightBeforeDawn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheLightBeforeDawn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissNatalie21 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
your answers aren't in the present but possibly the past try doing some research
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
What you saw and heard may or may be not related. Unfortunately, accidents claim a lot of lives in highways and your experiences could've been 2 different cases. It's a great idea to take a camera with you next time, just be careful and if you catch some evidence, share with us! 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
Sounds residual and not a wonder. I'm sure there have been many accidents in that area over the years. You were just sensitive enough to pick up on it.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
I am certain a lot of highways and biways have a lot of energy attached them as there seems to be accidents of some sort everywhere. A lot of the accidents can then take people when they are least expecting it, leaving them with many things not completed in the earth bound life.

I will say some prayers for these indivduals to cross over ad find peace with the Lord.

God Bless!
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
yes, I think, it is related as the event of the highway, loud screeching and people walking out of nowhere.
But just a thought, a query thou, is the spot of the highway road where the screeching tires come from and the man you saw, is of the same spot? I mean, yeah it is in the same highway, but I reluctantly want to know if that is on the same spot, the two events? Cause if it is, yeah it is related. But if it is not on the same spot, well it might be a dozen of occurences happen on every highway, right?
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
I'd consider it pretty likely that what you saw and heard are, indeed, related.

Ask people in the neighborhood about any accidents that have occurred in the vicinity.
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
hobbyholly, no this highway is not in the middle of nowhere. Actually, it's about... 10 minutes out of Trenton, Ontario.

Tascha, good idea. I will. Hope I get some interesting pictures. 😁

Goddess Bless.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
is this highway in the "middle of nowhere" so to speak?

You said you walked about half a mile each way after hearing tires and screeching. Did you think to go any further?
tascha (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
great story, I feel there's most likely a connection between the man (ghost most likely) and the sound of a car crash.

I think go back with a camera to the same spots you walked along the highway and take pics. You never know what you will find?:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: