You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Emily's Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Emily's Closet

 

My father's side of the family has always been kind of a mess (divorce, lawsuits, gang problems, etc!) that's why it was seldom for my family to visit them. I only had a three cousins that I was pretty close to, the oldest was Joey (he was a year older then me, I was 8) the second born Amy (6) and the youngest Emily (4).

They lived in the second floor of a three-floored building, so they had a good view of the neighbourhood. Even though Joey was closest to my age I liked hanging out with Emily. Amy and Emily shared the same room and in thier room there was large closet that was used for their toys and clothes. It also had a window inside, but it was stuck shut so you could never open it.

Anyway, every time I walked in their home I felt so glum, I didn't know why. My aunt Mary (she's not the one who gave me the doll) was a bit of neat freak, she kept the house spotless. Amy and Emily's toys would always end up all over the floor and aunt Mary would always put them back in the closet, but here's the weird part.

My cousins and I would play in the backyard with our grandma, the doors would be locked and nobody would be inside and yet somehow the toys ended up all over the floor again. My aunt used to put them in time out for not putting their toys away and they would always say, "it wasn't me", but she didn't believe them. I did because was with them when it happened, I told her that and she said not to make excuses for them.

You would always get a negative feeling when you were around their closet, I asked my cousins about that, Joey and Amy didn't know anything, but Emily did. She said that there was something in there; she referred to it as "sombra" (Spanish for shadow). My sister and brother didn't notice anything either, but when I went in there you felt watched, Emily felt it too.

She only told her siblings and me about that. Her mom became a believer soon after, one night my family went to see a movie at their home. Amy was feeling chilly, so my aunt went to get her a sweater from the closet. She ran out shrieking and she was so pale! We asked her what happened this is what she said.

"I went in to get the sweater and it was cold inside even though the window was shut. Then I felt sick and when I looked at the wall I saw this moving shadow." She described the shadow being wide with this sort of pointed, lopsided head, with long crocket arms.

After that we didn't visit them for over four years. When I went back (I was 12) I found out their family had been having a lot of trouble, so much so that the parents ended up divorcing. My aunt took away all the furniture and didn't want custody of my cousins. I also found out that Emily was really quite at school and when I asked her why, she just said "because". She also kept saying "I have no mom because of sombra"

Other hauntings by SummerEclipse22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SummerEclipse22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-23)
wow that's really sad! I think the shadow was the reason that they had so much trouble, like it was influencing them. From how it acted and how Emily reacted to it I think it was deliberately sabotaging them. That's really too bad, hope things work out for you.
what_is_around_us (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-02)
Emily pobre, yo espero que todo se mejore para ella.

Try talking to her dad about having everything blessed, and tell Emily to tell the sombra to leave her and her family alone.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
HI, I have a friend named Emily. She not my couisn though. But when I was about 8 she and her brother swiched rooms. And she told me that her closet was hunted. But later on she told me that she was playing.
Oh I not saying that it was all a lie ohhhh no. I just though you like to hear my little short story with my friend Emily. No I believe you 100%.:-)
And yes it was sad for your Emily not to have a mother anymore.:- (
GIRLIE 😢 😁
Wishes2810 (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-01)
I feel so sorry for your family and this manafestation had broken your family. After thefurniture was moved though has anything else happend? If so I would get a preist in. Ghost, sprits whatever you call them mostly give out negativeenergy, and changes in tempreture are a typical sign.

Good luck xx
Rosie93 (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
To help Emily and the people living in the house, I think you should have the house blessed, or maybe see if they're interested in having a paranormal investigation to see what's going on. I think that's the best thing they can do.
SummerEclipse22 (6 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
Thanks for the comments.
I still haven't visited them, but my dad has. My dad lives in an other house near theirs so he tells me how things are going for them and it hasn't gotten any better. Their dad seems to depressed (and dad said its obvious he is over Mary, but he seems to be lifeless now) to do anything with them so these people are trying to take them away from him. I've only spoken to Emily once on the phone a year ago and she said sombra is still there.

Is there a way I can help her? 😐 😢
Rosie93 (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
The entity that lives in Emily's house, in my opinion, could be one of two things. Firstly, it sounds a lot like a Shadow Person. Shadow People are called such because of the obvious-they look like the shadow of a person, just like the 'sombra' in your story. But Shadow People are known for neither helping nor harming anyone; they typically disappear once they are spotted. This brings me to the second possibility, which is that it is something evil, due to the uneasiness people get when in the house. But before you jump to any conclusions, do more research about the house and the property.
Good luck, and keep in touch with your cousins about this, so maybe you can come to some sort of closure. 😊
Best wishes!
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
I feel bad for Emily, she never did anything to that ghost, so why is it giving her problems?I'm mad at that stupid ghost. 😠
geniecompfort (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
awe I think little emily feels alone. I hope she finds a friend. And that the ghost would leave her alone
megster717 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
Poor emily.
It was really sad and touching when she said "I have no mom because of sombra".
Sora (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
thats really sad. Do you supose that emily is telling the truth? Having a haunted home with one or more ghosts has been a common problem. They can create tension between others in the family because it confuses them. I hope that things get better for little emily. Thank you for sharing your storie. ^-^

~yours truly haunted,
Sora ❤
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-30)
That's scary O-o
I also have a shadow ghost, but he doesn't look as scary as that ^^
Ask it to leave ^^
I feel bad for little Emily: (
That's sad, how she said, "I have no mommy because of sombra" </3:' (

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: