You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Suicide

Real Ghost Stories

The Suicide

 

I was a deputy for the Salt Lake County sheriff's office, and one day I was approached by 2 young women I was associated with. They were worried that something bad had happened to their friend, a co-worker. He hadn't answered his cell, texts, or communicated with them in days. I felt the young man was a sexual predator, and had investigated him before, and was in the process of charging him for previous offenses. I warned each of these girls not be alone with him, for their own protection, just from the evidence I had gathered.

As the girls were telling me, "We will go and find him" I heard a voice, clear as day say to me, "He's dead, don't let them go alone". I offered to assist them when my shift was over; thinking the remainder of my evening about this man and what I knew was waiting for me.

When we arrived at his apt, we located the manager and since I was dressed in my uniform, we had access to the apt without a warrant. The man had locked it from within and chained the door shut. One of the young girls that was with me had very skinny arms, and was able to unlatch the door.

The same voice I heard earlier that evening, I heard again. I ordered that all three stay outside, I entered the apt with my gun drawn, after clearing each room and calling out his name, sure enough he was in his bedroom with the drape closed on his door. It was a very small apt, and his bedroom was a closet. I called his name several times, for some reason I thought he would answer, knowing all too well that he was dead. I saw the bullet wound, the gun in his hand and blood on the pillow, but that didn't seem to matter. The thing that hit me next was what I saw.

As I am talking to myself, or the dead kid, I said, "and here I have to change his name"

"Tom, what the hell did you go and do" The next thing I saw is the man standing at the foot of his bed looking down at his body. I didn't say another word, I just watched him and he was oblivious to me. He just stood there as if he were in shock. I just watched until the spirit left.

That same week I was sleeping in my home and have a visitor, something slapped me on the wrist and I shot up from a deep sleep. I looked at the foot of my bed and in the dark a figure is standing. I was preparing my report on this man, and it appeared that he didn't want the world to know what kind of an animal he was. I felt violated, like some citizens tell me, "home invasion".

As a deputy, I have seen quite a bit, and I have a gift for seeing the dead. This wasn't the first time I have had an encounter, but it's the story I want the reader to get a feel for me.

I also wrote a book about a facility I worked at that was haunted; it took 3 years to complete. It's a compellation of stories from other officers who worked the building and I am in the process of finding a publisher, but this one story is about "TOM"

That's one of a few encounters I've had as a deputy and civilian over the years, I'm sure it won't be my last.

Thanks

Other hauntings by paranormalpest

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paranormalpest, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-22)
that's true about the tv thing. I get a kick out of that sometimes. Former F.B.I. Agent John Douglas is probably my favorite profiler and expert on criminal minds. I have all his books. I had a dream one time about being in hell. In it one second of our time was more than a thousand years and I had adequate time to relive my life over and over during that time. You never know how its going to happen after the curtain falls.
paranormalpest (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
First off, I don't believe there is a time scale as we know it when this life is over. Meaning, 24 hours here is perhaps 1 second there, "food for thought."
So for all I know, he had been there only seconds in his world.

Second, it sounds like you've stuided serial killers and this individual was a troubled man. Read about low self-esteem individuals who can't live with themselves, or their crimes. Child molesters are prime examples, some take their lives when the law catches up with them, or is closing in, as was his case. One does not have to be backed into a corner to take their lives, guilt seems to work just as good.

Third, the case was handed over, so my part was short. He did however rape and verbally assault 4-5 women that I knew of.
Remember, what you see on T.v is not how things are in real life.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
That was interesting. Just wondering though. He had been dead a number of days but was just now at his own bedside to look at awe upon his own corpse? And approx. How many victims did he have since he was a sexual predator? Usually they don't kill themselves until they are really backed into a corner with no way out. An immense amount of physical evidence. I've studied many profiling books and even took courses while in college for criminal justice. I was just trying to get an idea of his beginning crimes and how far along he was on his criminal career.
snowflake (5 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-15)
Both of your stories are awesome! I'm looking forward to your book as well. Keep us posted on the release 😁
paranormalpest (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-14)
And forgive me, I stand corrected. I meant to say the case was turned over to (Homicide) not (forensics). Too many things on my mind, did not want to lead you astray.
All such cases are looked at as a possible murder at first, until there is such to prove other wise.
paranormalpest (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-14)
Good questions seer612, but I handed the case over to forensics, and they took it from there. In the end it was ruled a suicide, and really, do you think they would listen to me if I had said, "I saw his spirit" Hell I left the sheriffs office because they said I was crazy when I told them I saw many ghosts at another facility I worked at. That is just a part of what I saw and I tell it in the book I wrote, and let me say, I was laughed at behind my back for seeing spirits.

In the second part I have ready, you'll read about how he tried to lour the women to his place, and I like to think the warnings I gave them about Tom helped to stop his plan. One of the young girls thanked me later, telling me she was sorry for thinking I was a "know it all cop"

As for the stunned look on his face, this is how I look at it.
Not many people are ready for the other side, although we say we are. I think suicide, is like, "murder", but I'm not God. I believe though that the shock is over-whelming, and you realize that your time of probation is over. Now you either go home, (back to where we came from) or you linger on earth. That's the way I see it, but that's just me.

I even attended his funeral, out of respect. If only his family knew what kind of boy he really was, they wouldn't have said so many nice things, but again, I have no place telling a greiving mother what kind of animal her son was. Let her cherish the memories of her son for the remainder of her days.
Seer612 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
Good story, Did the Man leave behind any indication as to Why he Suddenly Killed himself, when As You say he Supposedly had Plans that had been in the works for sometime. Isn't Odd that He would suddenly kill himself rather than continue on and Complete His big fantasy that he'd been planning? Was the possibility that it was a Murder made to look like suicide Fully investigated? Or was Suicide Just assumed without further investigation. As you mentioned when you saw his apparition looking at his Body HE LOOKED SURPRISED. If he Killed himself, why would he be surprised? There should be more to this than presented,what's missing from this picture? 😕
paranormalpest (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
I have the second part of the story ready to go, but they are over loaded at the moment. So as soon as they are able, I will submit it, and look forward to hearing some feed back.
I don't write for the sake of telling stories folks, it was a job and I had the chance to work in an interesting field of employment. I can't help it if spirits want to appear before me, and if people think it's a load of crap, that's their opinion. As for me, I was one of the few officers who was honest, and telling the Sheriff what I saw at the county building costed me a job.
So as I have told one reader, I am no longer a deputy, I got tired of the B.S, now I work in a court and if that wasn't bad enough, turns out this building I've been assigned is haunted as well. The first day I walked in I was aware of someone or something, and then I find out the place was haunted. I wasn't shocked, but the people in the courthouse were blown away to hear what I had seen and heard in the first month there. I'll talk about that when their site is up and running.
Not to brag, but I nailed it on the head what has been seen in the building for years. FYI, look up (haunted buildings in Utah) and under Riverton elementary school you will find something. It's now the city and court offices.

Take care folks.
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
Excellent story. Can't wait for your book. This is fascinating and you tell it superbly. Have you tried Llewellyn Publishers out of MN? Please tell us more about this case in the meantime, if you can.
paranormalpest (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
The title of the book will be, and it's a statement made by a friend on a night three of us saw an evening of spirit activity in the haunted facility. "These things aren't afraid of bullets"
Again,i'm still lookig for a publisher, and will let you know when it's out.
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Amazing story. I'm very interested to know who it was that warned you. Please keep us posted!

Tori ❤
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Whats the title of the book? You have a gift? How did you know you had a gift? I think I have a gift but I'm not sure. Please help.

Tori ❤
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
Great story paranormalpest. It's good for the sake of the girls that you had that warning when you did. This story is a prime example of why you should always listen to things like that. I can't wait to read your book. Good luck with it.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
I believe that it was a guardian Angel or a spirit guide who warned you about the danger.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Very good story, paranormalpest! I really do hope you continue to add more for us to read on this site and please let us know when your book gets published.
Thanks for sharing this.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
I'm glad 'Tom' took his own life before ending anybody elses.
Who was the guy that gave you the warning? Some kind or guardian or guide? 😕
I would also love to know more about what his spirit did to younger girls and how his mother reacted.
Hope you can let us know soon.
Good luck with your book too. 😁

God Bless.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Ahhh ok now I get it. 😊 Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. Wow discovering what he was planning to do when you found that journal must have given you some relief that he ended it before any action was taken. He sounded like a really disturbed individual.
Good luck with your book, and thanks again. 😊 ❤
paranormalpest (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
cosmolgirl.
As part of being an officer, putting the pieces of a broken puzzle together are part of the job. The evidence that was found at the home, and a web journal entry that I obtained later indicated his plans.
You're absolutely right, he was dead probably with in the 24 hour period before I found him, but what I heard the evening the girls asked me for help was a voice of warning. I had not seen him in weeks, so I had no clue he took his own life.
On another note, Not long before he committed suicide, there was a shooting in the Sale Lake arae known as the trolley square shooting. A young man walked into a (mall) and began killing people. I think my guy was going to do something simmular and go out in a blaze of glory.

P.S
I realy can't go into too much detail, job wise, but his spirit haunted a number of female co-workers of his and maybe when I have time I'll tell you about his girlfrien/rape victim and what I saw, how her mother almost fainted when I interviewed them about him, (what I knew before they told me) and how he bothered young girls after his death.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Hi, cool story. I have a question though. How did you know "Tom" was planning to kill the girls along with himself? You said that you heard a voice say He's Dead when the girls told you they were going to try and find him. I know you mentioned he was a sexual predator, but because they could not contact him for days lead me to believe that he had been dead a day or 2 already. Sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult. I just feel like I missed something.
Your abilities and profession have the makings of a really good book or television series. I would definitely check them out, so please let us know if your book gets picked up.
Thanks, and take care 😊
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Cool, good look publishing your book, please let us know the name once released, now I'm intrigue and would like to read it! 😊
Claudia
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
I think your actions saved those girls' lives. I had a similar sighting at the scene of an accident. Read, "The Inn", if you are interested. Thank you for your service.

Lou
paranormalpest (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
It was strange, and yet I knew he was dead. I feel bad for what happened, but on the other hand, these girls are alive because he was planning on taking them with him. (Suicide) He had purchased 4-5- guns, and ammo, so I am grateful he went and not them
BadxGood24 (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
That is so cool that you are typing up a book. I would love to read it. Thats scary you had to go to his house and find him like that. I would have had a hard time sleeping! Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: